JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Rub your lamps, polish you crystal balls, and bust out the Tarot decks. Use the "all seeing eye" if necessary and please tell me which state, between Oregon and Washington, will have less restrictive firearms laws ten or twenty years from now.

I'm sure many of us are wondering. Perhaps some people have a better grasp of both states' politic than I do. I'm a Kalifornia refugee. I'm not ready to give up and move to Idaho yet, but the wife and I are starting to think long term about buying some land to build on. We're currently in Portland, so when we leave "civilization" for the hills we could cross the Columbia pretty easily if we needed to. We don't currently have anything that isn't legal in Washington, but SBRs are sorta sexy if not practical...

Thoughts? If I missed a recent thread on this subject feel free to link to it and sorry I missed it.

Oregon is on a razors edge right now.
Know this, no where is immune to the threat we face and my take is to stand your ground and defend with extreme prejudice what you hold dear......but then you would still be in California if you agreed with that

I am tempted to say Washington will be less restrictive than Oregon in the future, but honestly if I was to move it would likely be to Idaho for a more predictable result.

Peter

Oregon is the new North Californication (sorry guys but you know it's true) with the liberal gun owners fleeing the sinking ship. The problem with this is they are still voting in the gun control politicians. It's like cutting off their noses to spite their faces. Time to do something different if you want to keep your 2A rights!!! Washington will not be too far from it either but at least we have more than a few 2A Dems.

I moved here from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia over 14 years ago. I foolishly remembered Oregon from my time here in the late 60s and was under the impression it was much closer to normal than it is. Right now my preferred fantasy scenario is Texas secedes from the U.S. and I see how fast I can get there. Rick Perry was at the 2014 Shot Show trying to lure S&W, Colt and other manufacturers to relocate in Texas where they won't be universally hated by the Mbubblegums and others in New England; my kind of guy. I will probably end up there in the next few years anyway, kids are almost done with college.

Well right now I have more firearms rights in Oregon then I did 25 years ago. So I'm not sure whats so terrible about Oregon.

That said my house is here and I'm not moving it come hell or high water.

If we are talking in the "here and now", I believe Oregon has the least amount of restrictions.

We can CC carry everywhere except past a courthouse or airport security checkpoint, Washington prohibits CC inside schools or on the grounds (unless dropping off or picking up your kid), and places that serve alchohol (except restaurants).

Oregonians can own ANY legally obtained Class-III weapon, Washington prohibits SBRs (and SBSs?).

But future hard to see it is, always in motion it is- Jedi Master Yoda

Montana. It too will eventually end up like both Or/Wa but it will take another 25 years. After that most here will be dead and it wont matter. The time to get over what your kids will miss is right now. No matter what eventual outcome theory you subscribe to America as we know it is a goner.

Oregon.

WA state is not immune from Californication, Seattle is significantly larger and more liberal than Portland, and WA state is already more restrictive regarding firearms in all but one area - Concealed Carry.

You won't find Title II weaponry in WA state (except for suppressors) any time soon - but you can find plenty in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top