JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm relocating to the Portland area later this year. I'm trying to decide to live on Washington side or Oregon side of river. Heard about Washington limited 30 round to 10 round Mags. Also heard Washington is trying to after all semi auto rifles/handguns. Haven't heard much of any changes in Oregon. I conceal carry and like to keep my AR15s. So which State is more gun friendly.

Off topic my job will bring me to Hillsboro, OR, but like Camas, WA as it's a nice family community with great schools for my kids. But that's one helluva commute.

Montana or Wyoming would be best. Right now both WA and OR are in a state of flux, and we won't know what either state's laws will look like in five years. Right now WA has more efficient carry licensing and no AW or magazine bans. 1639 takes effect in July but does not ban anything.

Relocate to the Idaho side. Between Oregon and Washington,right now I'd pick Washington. The Oregon Legislature is throwing us a whammy beginning next week that will pretty much gut the Second Amendment in Oregon.

I think in 5-10 years, both will be like CA was 5 years ago. I think OR might get there a year or two quicker.

I have to disagree............... I would say in 5-10 years, OR & WA will be exactly like (probably worse) the PDRK is right now. They've been taking notes and will not make the mistakes that the PDRK did, so they won't have to close the same "loopholes" the communists to the south had to.

Ray

The only exception to that would be if you were in very rural eastern side of either state with a sheriff that's on record as being 2A loyal. But even that could change with an election and you'd still technically be breaking state laws -- even though the contradict both state and federal constitutions.

Both states are filled to the brim with progressive. dooshnozzles. For the time being though, Oregon still hasn't entirely crossed the stupidity threshold in terms of guns. That being said, we're only a few steps behind WA. hopefully we can eek thru this current legislative session.

Skip Oregon. Will be a nightmare coming here regardless of the gun laws going south. State and local government are becoming radicalized. Be smart do not come here. No joke Oregon will be California.

"MoVe tO a FrEe sTatE" this strategy only bides time and in literally a stroke of a pen once "free" states become restrictive. Look at the magazine ban in Vermont. Look at where I moved from in FL. Rick Scott signed into law making it Illegal to sell ANY firearms or ammo to anyone under 21. The FL CHL is an expensive PITA compared to the WA and OR ones. Yes we got some bubblegum going on here but moving to a free state only buys you time until it is no longer free and until the feds institute another assault weapon ban like what happened previously.

So, on the mag limits, it was just struck down in federal court for California so, likely won't stand in Washington or Oregon:

NRA-ILA | Breaking! Federal Court Finds California Magazine Ban Violates the Second Amendment

The sneaky part about the proposed WA mag limit (it's dead right?) was that it expressly stated that you could keep the mags at home (in a safe -- this may run afoul of Heller) or take them in a locked box to the range. This is probably sufficiently different from Duncan v. Becerra to require a separate piece of litigation. It also doesn't suffer from the same magnitude of taking under the 5A -- in the WA law you could keep a large portion of the usual bundle of property rights (possession mainly, sale illegal of course but possession is a big right), in the CA law you couldn't own one period.

No magazine restrictions in WA at this time. OR and WA are 'shall issue' CWP. Camas is
nice but the commute across the river will be +1.5 hours home in the afternoons.
North Plains, Beaverton and Hillsburito on the west side of PDX have some nice neighborhoods
and schools. :p On the west side of PDX you are closer to the ocean beaches and Tillamooc Forest
coast range. Me and my son use to dirt bike at Brown's Camp in the Tillamooc Forest. Lot's
of fun stuff to do in Portland area. Going to work at Ronler Acres?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top