JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't get warnings any more nor do I get reduced fines if I go to the clerk instead of the judge. Back in the day(s) I thought speeding tickets were just a high performance tax. Even though I don't drive like that anymore I still have a three page driving record and I haven't been pulled over in better than 10 years.
I had something like 17 speeding tickets by the time I was 18. The traffic court judge and I were on a first name basis. He had my license more than I did. My worst offense ever? About 1999, coming home from visiting my future wife for the weekend, going from Eugene to SF. At 2 am Monday morning I hit the sage brush flats south of Yreka at about 130 mph. Had to be at work at 0630. I-5 is straight as an arrow and flat as a billiard table for maybe 10 miles there. With a full moon you don't even need headlights. I look in the rear view mirror on the Z28 and there are headlights coming down an on ramp a couple miles back. I coasted down to 70 by the time the CHP caught up with me. He was never able to clock me at a stable speed. I thought I was going to need bail money. He warned me and sent me on my way.

Ahem, I may or may not know some dude with a Black 70 Challenger R/T 440 4 speed and 3.73 gears, that dude might have clocked 170+ between San Antonio and Houston a time or two! Texas Troupers could never catch this dude as he was always just too fast for their crap interceptors until they caught him one night with one of their Mustang V-8 Interceptors! Let's just say, there were more stripes on this dudes sleeves then the Troupers, and he let the dude go with a stiff warning not to go speedin through Texas!

Ahem, I may or may not know some dude with a Black 70 Challenger R/T 440 4 speed and 3.73 gears, that dude might have clocked 170+ between San Antonio and Houston a time or two! Texas Troupers could never catch this dude as he was always just too fast for their crap interceptors until they caught him one night with one of their Mustang V-8 Interceptors! Let's just say, there were more stripes on this dudes sleeves then the Troupers, and he let the dude go with a stiff warning not to go speedin through Texas!

I never got ANY breaks when I was younger and dumber as far as tickets went. I've only had three in my whole driving life though. Only ONCE in all those years did I not get a ticket. Came out of a 7-11 lot well after dark and got pulled right over for not stopping at the the edge of the parking lot. Small town Utah policeman. I was 16-18. I remember because I was in dads Econoline and I had my own car at 18. I played it cool. Good thing too because I had a freshly purchased lid in my sock. This was LONG before de-criminalization in any state. I might still be in prison!

I never got ANY breaks when I was younger and dumber as far as tickets went. I've only had three in my whole driving life though. Only ONCE in all those years did I not get a ticket. Came out of a 7-11 lot well after dark and got pulled right over for not stopping at the the edge of the parking lot. Small town Utah policeman. I was 16-18. I remember because I was in dads Econoline and I had my own car at 18. I played it cool. Good thing too because I had a freshly purchased lid in my sock. This was LONG before de-criminalization in any state. I might still be in prison!
Wow. You seriously just dated yourself. I haven't heard 'lid' since the '70s! :)

Oh I guess I just dated myself, too. 🤣

We ran in to a gal and her father at the home depot in kfalls last weekend. She was open carrying a revolver and evidently nobody was bothering her. They stopped us to pet our rat terrier.

Why would anyone bother her? The farther you get away from the nanny parts of the state the more open carry is just part of life. I was at the Creswell Bi-Mart yesterday buying .22 ammo, the guy next to me was doing the same and had a Glock on his hip and no one cared. I had my 40 Shield under my tee shirt and still no one cared. People have guns, it's ok.

Oddly when you get older/wiser you can sniff out where to play and have a low chance of being caught.
Me pre-1989 - 44+ tickets, open container, racing, everything. Since 1989 .... zero tickets. I drive a 550hp vehicle and am no grandma either lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top