JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would pass this on to people looking for CHL class requirement.

My brother in law wanted to try the online CHL training and we found this site. Worked great and after he passed the test and printed the certificate out. Took it down to the Sheriff Office in Eugene and they said it was just fine! Assuming he passes background we can add another member to our club!

It cost him $39.

Oregon CHL training, concealed handgun license, carry concealed, firearm safety training, CHL video, OregonCHLTraining.com

I know there's been a couple threads on this before but I didn't see anything current.Oregon CHL training, concealed handgun license, carry concealed, firearm safety training, CHL video, OregonCHLTraining.com

If I understood it correctly, you can't drive across the river to Vancouver. Oregon CHL not recognized in WA. You need to get a UT CHL. Sounds crazy, but apparently true.

If I understood it correctly, you can't drive across the river to Vancouver. Oregon CHL not recognized in WA. You need to get a UT CHL. Sounds crazy, but apparently true.

WA doesn't recognize OR. I also like the AZ permit but it also isn't recognized by WA. It is recognized by other states that don't recognize Utah. I like this site to start looking at legal info: http://handgunlaw.us/

WA doesn't recognize OR. I also like the AZ permit but it also isn't recognized by WA. It is recognized by other states that don't recognize Utah. I like this site to start looking at legal info: Handgunlaw.us

I said UT, not AZ - <broken link removed> I've seen a lot of places that offer an Oregon class also offer the Utah class. This must be the reason.

Although there are many states that will recognize the Utah concealed firearm permit, the State of Utah has formal reciprocity (written agreement) with the following states:

Alabama
Alaska
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Louisiana
Mississippi
New Hampshire
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Texas
Virginia
Washington State <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
West Virginia

The Place to Shoot at Delta Park offers a UT class -

Utah Concealed Handgun License Class

This class is required by Utah for application of the license to carry a concealed handgun. This will allow concealed carry in several States.

Once a month. Saturday morning from 9am to 1pm.

$99 per student, pre payment required no walk-ins.

Fee includes passport photo and finger prints.

Too bad Utah doesn't have an agreement with both Washington and Oregon.

AZ no longer has a concealed permit. You can carry concealed whenever you want...And WA doesn't reckognize Oregons permit. Funny how they don't even have to take a basic pistol class to get a permit in WA...
Also you might not have to worry about crossing state lines with your state issued permit if HR822 passes. It's National reckognition of other state concealed permits. It has almost passed except for IL and DC. They want to keep their gun bans.
That would be huge for concealed carriers nationwide.. HR-822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011.

Also for those who have an Iphone there is an app called Legal Heat for state laws and information on concealed carry and where you can carry.
I have found it to be pretty reliable and up to date. But you should still confirm everything on your states website...

AZ no longer has a concealed permit. You can carry concealed whenever you want...

Actually, Arizona still has a Concealed Carry permit, but it is not required to carry in AZ. You can still get a permit if you are a resident or non-resident because it has pretty good reciprocity with other states. It is also fairly easy to obtain, especially if you already have a CHL from another state. You can just send in the application, the money, fingerprints, and a copy of your current CHL and that makes you eligible for the permit.

I do not have an AZ permit, but I thought about getting it a couple of weeks ago which is why I went and checked all of this information out. You can find all this information at the following website.

Arizona Department of Public Safety:
Concealed Weapons & Permits - Arizona Department of Public Safety

Thanks, for the tip.
How long did it take to complete?

No more than 30 minutes WITH the test. Seriously. And I even read the entire online manual that they provided. If you know the difference between a revolver and a semi-auto pistol, I'm pretty sure you could pass it without reading the manual at all. I finished the test and thought - really - thats it? I would say the bar is set pretty low.

I took the free class from Maryland online,
took me 40 min and at the end I printed out my card and it worked just fine when I went down for my permit.

MD Firearms Safety Training

We tried that Maryland site about 6 times and couldn't even get into the site. Once we got in and got started and it crashed. Didnt have any problems with the oregonchltraining.com. In fact, my buddy from work just did it yesterday for Coos County. Said it took him just about an hour with his slow internet.Oregon CHL training, concealed handgun license, carry concealed, firearm safety training, CHL video, OregonCHLTraining.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top