Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon made ar's?????

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by OR_VARMINT_HUNTER, Nov 21, 2011.

1. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

OR_VARMINT_HUNTER Banks,OREGON Member

So found a few different places who make lowers here in Oregon now looking for an upper and a barrel made here in Oregon I know about noveske but looking for some one a lil. It cheaper if u know anyone lemme know that would be cool
    Thanks for all the help

2. paid2sweat

paid2sweat Portland, OR Member

Not sure about the prices, but a customer of mine just told me about The Black Rifle Company in Clackamas. They're on old SE 82nd Dr.

3. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

Cloud Mt. Armory is local and makes lowers and I think they make uppers. They are in Newberg
    cloudmtarmory.htm
    For barrels I've heard good things about black hole weaponry (they are in washington st), however they may not be cheap, even compared to noveske.
    Black Hole Weaponry:: No Escape!

4. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

Black Hole No Escape is right! These ARs are addictive!

5. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

I have a black hole barrel on my mega wash bulit gun so I know about them now I wanna bulid an all Oregon ar if I can thanks for allthe help so far guys

6. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

7. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

Yea I have hear hit and miss about them so think I'm gonna pass on that but thanks for the option

8. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Since I am such a nice guy here is what I can do for you. We have an extra room so you can come on down. No need to spend money at a hotel or restaurant. So with all the money you'll be saving, Noveske is right here in town and you can walk right in and make the deal. Then I can show you a few places we can try it out.
    Mike

9. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol Salem Active Member

10. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

does Bang Arms make their own uppers??? they are in hillsboro, or

11. OR_VARMINT_HUNTER

Ya saw them but my main thing isthe upper the lowers seem easy to find and get I have a list of 6 places for lowers just no one for uppers

12. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

I'm not a black rifle guy, but.......

There was a guy at the last gun show in Canby a few weeks ago that had some really neat looking ones. I don't know alot about them other than my normal military experience with them, but if I was going to buy one I would probably buy one of his. (I've never built one or really got into them like some guys do, I'm an AK fan). They were the smallest M-4 models I'd ever seen. His standard length were really small too. It's hard to describe what they looked like because they were just really different.

I don't know the name of the company but he's a one or two man outfit out of Sandy or Estacada. Somewhere in there. I have his card at home. When I get home I'll get it out and post the name on here later this evening.

All I have to say is, they were REALLY cool.

13. CleverName

CleverName Southern Oregon Active Member

I didnt think Noveske had a storefront?

14. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

+1
    The AXTS is the only made in Orygun lower I'm aware of. There are others that are roll marked Orygun, like Noveske, but they are not manufactured here.

AXTS starts with a raw forging, it's the best lower I have ever owned. Cost a bit more than the AP's but the added features make it worth it to me for certain applications. I'm not aware of any uppers made in Orygun.

15. rds801

rds801 Portland Member

Cloud Mt. Armory has their lowers made for them. Can't remember who makes them though.

16. armedredneck

armedredneck Oregon Active Member

Okay, I finally found the card. It's 07/02_ChaffeeArms-2006

He had some really cool AR's that he made at the gun show. He said he would build to order too.