JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually the public land issue is the most important part.

If YOU would rather live in a state ONLY because of its carry laws yet have no concern for its amount of public land then it is OBVIOUS you are not an 'outdoorsman', don't hunt, camp, fish or have any appreciation for the outdoors and are ONLY seeing the carry laws as some sort of a greater right to 'self defense' because you see that as a more important reason to own firearms.

I have grown up in Oregon and have spent literally MOST of my free time in the outdoors and see gun ownership as more of a sporting , hunting and hobby undertaking as opposed to ONLY a 'self defense' reason for ownership.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM ANTI 2A OR THINK IT"S ALL ABOUT HUNTING OK SO LET'S NOT GO THERE...

It simply means I BALANCE my ownership of guns for all purposes - and NOT just as defensive. I have grown up with the ownership of guns as primarily sporting - but with a defensive use as a possibility - BUT NOT AS A PRIMARY reason for ownership.

I MUCH prefer to have the ability to go shooting any time, without having to fight for 'range time' , pay exorbitant fees or 'hourly' amounts to a range for the potential of only 25 yards and the worst part, SHOOTING INSIDE.

It's all about your 'values' as it comes to gun ownership and I can vehemently say I am glad to have grown up in a time when gun ownership was seen as much more acceptable, and with more of a sporting and outdoor emphasis than what it has become.
LaPine is a wonderful haven.

I saw that article too, I'm more of a city boy myself, I'm not sure where those counties are located, but I might have to get used to the sticks it sounds like haha.
i too am city person. I now live in Riotlandia but plan to check out other options once places open up. Not committed to leaving or staying .. things are up in the air. I'm looking at Cincy, Columbus OH, KC and Vegas.

...is there any reason to try and stay anymore? ...

I didn't move here because of guns, I won't be leaving for them either.

I figure ANYWHERE you go, it's eventually not going to be a gun-haven. Really doesn't matter what we gun-nuts want, the path to taking our Right and our joys away has already begun.

Get your airguns now while they're cheap, it's gonna be a lot like the UK here soon. :(

I actually think the opposite...conservatives need to start taking a play from the liberal handbook and move to the liberal states en masse right before an election and turn the state red.

I'm saying this as I prepare to move to Idaho myself....

I actually think the opposite...conservatives need to start taking a play from the liberal handbook and move to the liberal states en masse right before an election and turn the state red.

I'm saying this as I prepare to move to Idaho myself....
Well that would also mean moving to the liberal cities. In Oregon Portland. My friend lived in Beaverton but had a Portland address. That's about as far as I could go. The thing is in many races Oregon could easily swing the balance if enough people in the rural counties voted or ensure their votes are counted. I get emails all the time of that being one of the biggest concerns of the democrat's super majority status. That and the Dems never stop campaigning when the other parties never start, then offer weak candidates.

If you all leave the new and improved Oregon you might miss out on all this . This is CURRENT NE POTLAND . . check out this vid.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads