JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With Oregon apparently hot on the heals to be as unconstitutional as California, if you don't own a home here yet, and you enjoy the concept of 2A rights, especially concealed carry, is there any reason to try and stay anymore? Or should we all pack up, give em the bird, and head to Idaho?

Referring to bills like SB 554, and others organizations like OFF are tracking.

Maybe they're making the issue seem more dire/hopeless than it really is? Seems difficult to get unbiased perspectives these days.
Yea, it was pretty cool when they abandoned the Alamo too. Get the hell out.

We will be staying through wife's retirement. With her capped out at on the pay scale, it does not make sense to move anywhere until retirement or the pay scale changes. Given the "Pay to Play" mentality current politics want to push, it would not have an effect on us, I still stand against those mentalities 100% and will not comply.

I don't think there is truly a state that is not under attack. As a whole, the 2A is seen as outdated by Americans. Those who fight to protect it are a minority. Idaho will be just like Oregon in a few years of the trends continue.
Largely in part I agree with this and don't believe running to a state because you think it is more '2A' is really practical.

For one thing I would suggest anyone considering doing something like this might want to consider their interests and personal 'values' as they apply to where they live.

For ME 'value' has always been about the freedom of having public land minutes from nearly wherever I have lived in Central Oregon. As such I can be shooting/camping/fishing/hiking literally within minutes of where I live. Heck I was once camping on the Deschutes River near where I live and had to run home to attend a family event and was able to ride my quad from my camping spot to my house to make the event.

My point being I have lived in states (temporarily - Oklahoma for one) with virtually zero public land and always found it difficult (to nearly impossible) to do the things I can do In Oregon.

Regardless of all the years of anti gun this and that, the AWB of '94, and many lesser issues I have ALWAYS been able to go shooting minutes from my house on public land with no hassles or issues.

SO why would I want to move to a state that might seem more 2A 'free' but only give up what I have experienced as a lifetime freedom of public land?

I read about people who live in so called '2A friendly' states with NO public land and have to fight for range time or pay exorbitant amounts to shoot for an hour. To me this is like having to launch my boat into a pool to use it.

Last Edited:
Largely in part I agree with this and don't believe running to a state because you think it is more '2A' is really practical.

For one thing I would suggest anyone considering doing something like this might want to consider their interests and personal 'values' as they apply to where they live.

For ME it has always been about the freedom of having public land minutes from nearly wherever I have lived in Central Oregon. As such I can be shooting/camping/fishing/hiking literally within minutes of where I live. Heck I was once camping on the Deschutes River near where I live and had to run home to attend a family event and was able to ride my quad from my camping spot to my house to make the event.

My point being I have lived in states (temporarily - Oklahoma for one) with virtually zero public land and always found it difficult (to nearly impossible) to do the things I can do In Oregon.

Regardless of all the years of anti gun this and that, the AWB of '94, and many lesser issues I have ALWAYS been able to go shooting minutes from my house on public land with no hassles or issues.

SO why would I want to move to a state that might seem more 2A 'free' but only give up what I have experienced as a lifetime freedom of public land?

I read about people who live in so called '2A friendly' states with NO public land and have to fight for range time or pay exorbitant amounts to shoot for an hour. To me this is like having to launch my boat into a pool to use it.

This is exactly why I could never live in Texas. Zero public lands. I too can take my quad/truck off my property and ride hundreds of miles on forest service roads. Few states have that ability.

I know a person who lives in a state which he often espouses as 'free' because of it's 'constitutional carry' status - yet is limited as far as public land. It's not like this person does much out of doors anyway.

Then this person goes so far as to ask me, 'Well what are you going to do when Oregon takes your lever action rifles' - I mean really? Considering there is NOTHING on the table about Oregon taking ANY rifles I don't understand why this person even says this - other than thinking he is in some 'protected' environment and believes everybody else is at 'risk' because of all the political hype he buys into.

Idaho is filling with Californians. Boise has a Democrat mayor. Idaho is the fastest growing state right now. It's only a matter of time before we lose Idaho like we lost Texas.
Idaho voted 64.8% for Trump in 2016 and 63.8% for Trump in 2020. The Californians moving there aren't voting for anti-2A crap, they've seen firsthand it's failure. I'm moving next week to Idaho so I'll help turn the tide. 4 more of my friends have listing their homes and moving there too, they didn't vote for anti-2A candidates either.

d45.jpg

The fact is our Founding Fathers said we'd lose the Republic when the electorate figured out they could vote themselves benefits. At this point I'll surround myself with like minded folks and try to win hearts one at a time. The time to be silent is over...but I digress.

The 2A won't become relevant until such time as the amerikan government begins extinguishing its serfs. Then all these know it all urbanites will be clamoring to save their own lives and possibly the lives of loved ones...

Then, sadly, it'll be too late...

#WOKENOTWOKE

The 2A won't become relevant until such time as the amerikan government begins extinguishing its serfs. Then all these know it all urbanites will be clamoring to save their own lives and possibly the lives of loved ones...

Then, sadly, it'll be too late...

#WOKENOTWOKE
Kinda how a lot of movies already show it, can't say the writing hadn't been on the walls

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top