JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With Oregon apparently hot on the heals to be as unconstitutional as California, if you don't own a home here yet, and you enjoy the concept of 2A rights, especially concealed carry, is there any reason to try and stay anymore? Or should we all pack up, give em the bird, and head to Idaho?

Referring to bills like SB 554, and others organizations like OFF are tracking.

Maybe they're making the issue seem more dire/hopeless than it really is? Seems difficult to get unbiased perspectives these days.

Idaho is filling with Californians. Boise has a Democrat mayor. Idaho is the fastest growing state right now. It's only a matter of time before we lose Idaho like we lost Texas.

I don't think there is truly a state that is not under attack. As a whole, the 2A is seen as outdated by Americans. Those who fight to protect it are a minority. Idaho will be just like Oregon in a few years of the trends continue.

With Oregon apparently hot on the heals to be as unconstitutional as California, if you don't own a home here yet, and you enjoy the concept of 2A rights, especially concealed carry, is there any reason to try and stay anymore? Or should we all pack up, give em the bird, and head to Idaho?

Referring to bills like SB 554, and others organizations like OFF are tracking.

Maybe they're making the issue seem more dire/hopeless than it really is? Seems difficult to get unbiased perspectives these days.

There is still somewhat of a movement this way in Oregon...

I don't think there is truly a state that is not under attack. As a whole, the 2A is seen as outdated by Americans. Those who fight to protect it are a minority. Idaho will be just like Oregon in a few years of the trends continue.

^^^ That's right. There's no safe place.

Arizona (where I lived for several years) and Texas come to mind. Two states synonymous with the Old West now under full assault. Notice how the New York Times tried to politicize the winter storms and the power outages in Texas. Anything to throw shade on Cruz and the GOP.

Not only is the 2A seen as outdated by the authoritarian urban elite, but the 1A is also in the crosshairs. That should scare even non-gun owners who have half a brain.

I think your best bet is moving to the countryside, maybe you find a sympathetic Sherriff who will leave the people alone.

^^^ That's right. There's no safe place.

Arizona (where I lived for several years) and Texas come to mind. Two states synonymous with the Old West now under full assault. Notice how the New York Times tried to politicize the winter storms and the power outages in Texas. Anything to throw shade on Cruz and the GOP.

Not only is the 2A seen as outdated by the authoritarian urban elite, but the 1A is also in the crosshairs. That should scare even non-gun owners who have half a brain.

I think your best bet is moving to the countryside, maybe you find a sympathetic Sherriff who will leave the people alone.
I don't like the idea of putting myself at the mercy of one guy to protect my family to the extent I should have the right to, I've seen too many movies where that doesn't turn out well. But looks like that's the way things are heading. I was hoping I'd find some hope here, but sounds like we are actually screwed.

There is still somewhat of a movement this way in Oregon...
Seems to me that if the Demonrats are successful in passing legislation that does away with State preemption laws the SASO's would become the law of the land in counties that adopt them.

Those that see the 2A as dated aren't Americans

Just move to Alaska... too cold and isolated for Californians. :D

Personally I'm already 1 foot out the door of the state I'm in and headed south east. I'm still fighting every anti-gun law until the move occurs, but things are already well in motion to evacuate this state. Cost of living, taxes, and lack of home ownership in this state have (as well as the anti-2a laws in recent years) driven me out/prevented me from staying. I'm buying my first house in a free state that I can actually afford.

It really came down to two choices... stick around in a state that is hell bent on turning you into a felon or forcing you to give up your possessions, and live in a studio apartment with annoying neighbors sharing walls with you... OR get myself a nice house on a small chunk of land with a garage for hundreds cheaper per month than that studio apartment would have been, in a state that tries to protect your rights rather than take them away. So for me: I'll get better quality of life and get to help keep a red state red.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I had bought a home 10-15 years ago when homes were still affordable here...But those days are long over for this state.

I am not ready to give up the ocean just yet. We talk about buying some land in other states for later, before even land in the boonies get too expensive. No matter were you are we still have to stand for all of our rights. In Oregon it's bad with the democrats super majority. But they aren't going to hand it back. We need decent candidates which some how never materialize.

I think it hurts that we have a lot of registered Independents in Oregon. They can't vote in the primary for a conservative candidate. Correct me if I am wrong.

Unfortunately, they are. Your neighbors, friends, and even family members. And they vote often to limit their freedoms.
You're absolutely right. My parents, sister and BIL will likely vote for any anti-gun anythings that the people are privileged enough to get a say on. Despite taking them out shooting, briefing them on the way laws actually work and seeing how much fun they had with all these "scary" black guns.... they still don't believe "I" should be able to own them because feelings. It's sad that in my family circle I'm outnumbered 4:1

I am not ready to give up the ocean just yet. We talk about buying some land in other states for later, before even land in the boonies get too expensive. No matter were you are we still have to stand for all of our rights. In Oregon it's bad with the democrats super majority. But they aren't going to hand it back. We need decent candidates which some how never materialize.

I think it hurts that we have a lot of registered Independents in Oregon. They can't vote in the primary for a conservative candidate. Correct me if I am wrong.
in Oregon, you can register as "not a member of a party" which I am. I don't get to vote in any primaries at all, even the "independent" one.

The Second Amendment. The right you didn't know you needed until you realized that half of your neighbors and half of your political leaders are OK with communism.

I've had several friends move to Idaho in the past year. I will admit the idea has it's appeal. But American Independence didn't retreat its way into existence either. I hope that there are still a few Americans left who are more than just a pale shadow of our forefathers who birthed this nation.

Long live greater Idaho! Unfortunately the proposed new border excludes me here in Bluejean...Will need to move closer to Lorane or Crow to reside in GI...Maybe we can revive the State of Jefferson movement and be unaffiliated! My family ranges from a Vietnam Vet Conservative in Alturas CA to a Knee Jerk Liberal on Whidbey Island WA...The lib did accept the loan of a scatter gun to lean behind her front door when the next door neighbor's big bucks vacation home got occupied by homeless scum...$50k damage from the camp fires they built in the middle of the living room floor...My 40 acre ranch SW of Eugene is not nearly big enough to protect me though...Drove out to my mailbox early one morning only to discover two tents pitched along the side of my 1/2 mile long driveway...Apparently it looked like a nice spot to camp...They came out fairly excited when I nosed my truck up close and leaned on the horn...Didn't understand why it wasn't ok to camp on private property...That group will not choose to camp too far out of town again...In terms of how long I will oppose the attempts to compromise of my 2A rights, Chuck Heston said it best..."I will resist until they pry my gun from my cold, dead hand!"

Idaho, Texas, Arizona even Utah and Wyoming are all being inundated with people from California, Washington and multiple east coast states. This is due to the people voted into power in those states and the downward spiral that ensues. Most take their high bank accounts from selling their over priced two bedroom and pay over asking price in their new state in cash for a mcmansion and thus inflating that market (happened here for sure). They also bring along their political leanings which more often than not do not support the second amendment thus leading to that slippery slope same as it has happened here. The Oregon that was when my family moved here in 77 is long gone and now it is basically N. California and circling the drain. I would move but I wouldn't be able to talk the wife into it especially right now but I wont go into that. I equate what has happened to a slow moving plague. :s0159:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top