JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I made a comment there on that topic in reply to someone stating "assault weapons only means objects used to assault people". My reply was "so that must mean knives, baseball bats and frying pans". O-Live immediately deleted my comment. I then made another comment that it must mean "only evil black rifles". O-Live then deleted that comment. I quit wasting my time. Depending on who is behind the desk moderating the forum that day depends on how politically correct your comment there must be. I can tell you in advance O- Live is definitely not pro gun. Many of the comments made on the Northwest Firearms forum would be booted there.

Last Edited:
Assault weapons, semi-automatic rifles and the AR-15: Defining the debate

this is a big opportunity to advance the discussion....please do so. thanks

That article is on the definitions used in the "American Conversation" about guns. Not a bad bunch of definitions, until they did get down to where it said the AR-15 bullet was high velocity and ricocheted around inside a body; that may be true, but they act like other bullets don't cause damage. Let them see what a .30-06 does to a body, or a shot gun blast - see if that's a big improvement!

Here is the article in the Conversation on guns -vote in the poll about should AR-15s be regulated. So far it's 75% NO which is surprising:

Should the AR-15 and other semi-automatic weapons be regulated? 'Guns, An American Conversation'

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top