JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I posted a little clip of an Oregon highway patrol car in the late-thirties equipped with all kinds of James Bond equipment to catch a speeding driver - grapnels, machine guns, et al, but the system told me it contained some kind of system bad stuff...

tac

Not sure what the title is all about..

They lead the way IN bad drivers though:p!

Not that WA is any better:(:mad:
Nope. WA drivers are the worst, I've been driving 205 to PDX latley and the majority of cars that cut me off or do three lane changes without signalling have WA license plates. But then again maybe they're OR drivers and they swap plates before leaving the house that way when they drive horribly everyone expects it. :) P.S just kiddin...

Portland has both the nicest and dumbest drivers in my opinion. Dealing with 2 hours of traffic every week day, I have come to notice that 90% of the d-bag drivers I see generally have a Washington license plate. Not trying to stereotype but just an observation which many other long time Oregon residents have pointed out as well.

Plenty of bad drivers with OR plates. Among the worst though, as a regular driver in Portland - people driving Subaru's. I get cut off more often and get stuck behind more slow driving jack-a$$es in Subaru's than any other car. When I get closer to where I live, south of the PDX area, it's teenage and young men driving jacked-up 4x4's or little 80's Honda Civics with huge mufflers on the back end that can't drive a stick worth sh!t.

And lately, I've been seeing more and more CA plates in my area. Not good. Not good.

That's because there are more Subarus in Oregon than any other brand of automobile. Oregon has cornered the world market in them - I recently bought an '03 Legacy for a friend's grandson that had over 330,000 miles on the odo - you can't knock 'em.......

When a pal and I stopped at a set of light last year, we counted SEVENTEEN of the little green buggers crossing in front of us, but passed another six in the line facing us as we eventually pulled away.

Ah, we were in a Subaru, BTW........

tac

Too true, Tac! The Suburu is a tough, go anywhere, all wheel drive, miniature monster! There are a lot of positives to them!
I often say, it will go any where my Dodge 4X4 will go if you don't count ground clearance. Which ain't all that bad!:)

Didn't mean to rile anyone up over a WA vs OR thing.

I spent a lot of time in Texas and Commiefonia and you better, hmm as my mom would say 'shot or get off the pot', because they don't wait for someone to be polite, its first come first served and few people take 'your driving' personally.

I have noticed up here that horns are taboo and half the time if I try to change lanes, some jack wagon accelerates so I can't merge.

Yes, there are polite drivers up here. No statement is all encompassing but in general I find the on ramps around here some of the longest I have ever seen and too many people can't seem to get up to freeway speed by the end for some reason. Or they haven't had any back roads driving experience and drive 10 under on the curves but then accelerate to 10-15 over on the straight always where I would be able to pass if they just stayed consistent.:s0137:

This is from a guy who has logged 1.5million miles in the Portland metro and surounding areas in my last few professions - I'm sure plenty more but I drove 10 trucks into the 150k-175k mile range before getting a new one and that's not counting personal vehicles and the miles I've put on them here.

Again, it was a generalization and not meant to offend anyone other then the people who's shoes it fits:p.

No statement is all encompassing but in general I find the on ramps around here some of the longest I have ever seen and too many people can't seem to get up to freeway speed by the end for some reason.

I can't stand the damn 'metered' on-ramps we have here in Oregon. If it's not the idiots jogging back and forth between lanes as they approach the light to make sure they get in the 'shortest' line (total joke), then it's the morons that don't react when they get a green.

Case in point - about 2 weeks ago, getting on to 205 south from Washington/Stark. I get down to the light, in the left lane. The guy next to me, who was already a distracted driver, got the green before me - and, nothing. He didn't go. So I got the next green and took off - he noticed me leaving and what did he do? Laid on his horn and flipped me off - apparently he was under the impression I jumped the light - which I did not. As I was in a marked company car at the time, I couldn't take the opportunity to tell him he was #1, though I would have just liked to slam on the brakes and have a word in private between his face and my fist. Oh well, live and let live I suppose... Oh, and BTW, Captain Douche Canoe was driving a Subaru...:rolleyes:

The worst? Commifornians. Bet the WA guys who give you down there such fits are transplants...

Though the homegrowns Downright Blow too--part of my daily commute is crossing a six-lane main drag as a pedestrian, and without fail 2-3 times a week some fartnozzle tries to run me over knowing damn well that I'm they're and they're legally required to yield to me.

So I've lived a lot of places, and while drivers have certainly gotten worse with the advent of the smartphone, here's my observations:

CA - Drivers are atavistic a-holes. They will cut you off, ride your tailgate, and do everything they can to pass and get away from you. If you get cut off, it's usually because they're looking to go faster. This is all predicated on the idea that they are paying attention. A lot of people are simply checked out, sending text-messages, playing pokemon go, or watching netflix. In which case, expect them to be driving slowly and erratically.

WA - Subscribes to the tailgating rule. If you are not tailgating someone, and are not being tailgated, the person behind you will speed up until they are tailgating you, and someone in front of you will drive slowly until you are tailgating them. Also, they may cut you off so you are tailgating them. In general, WA drivers seem to have a latent fear about going anywhere alone.

OR - There are two kinds of oregon drivers, those who drive old screwed up cars at relatively low speeds. These are the pacers, they set the pace for the roadway, which is usually 10mph below the posted speed limit. If you try to pass they do their best to find another pacer who will block both lanes of traffic. Then there are the Racers, they are a combination of WA and CA drivers, However unlike CA drivers they simply tailgate you until you get out of the way.

All of my cars are Subarus. After a driving accident that nearly took my life I have decided to drive nothing but AWD for peace of my mind. Can't complain about our Subarus but then again ours are all stock without fart cans or lowering kits.

Love the Subarus.

Friend had a new STI with 450 hp at the wheel.

His dad has one with 425 or something with adjustable turbo boost. Loves the car but you have to sit for 10 min just to warm the engine up - then there is a load of power to play with so of course he speeds everywhere lol.

Some great comments above but I'm out the door and no time to individually comment on them.

When I lived there driving in The Dalles was a lot like driving in Guadalajara probably because most of the people there got their licenses in Guadalajara.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top