JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm 100% with you Dune Hopper... But as your seen, I've already been chastised for continuously asking where OFF's leadership is...

Considering their tag line is "Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization", just not seeing any leadership outside some emails telling us hell is coming and it's being led by Prozanski....

Just write your well written letters to your legislators they'll be ignored again this year and we will be saddled with this fascist legislation, SB 1551...

The only hope is voting these liberal, self serving politicians out of office, en masse...

Considering their tag line is "Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Rights Organization", just not seeing any leadership outside some emails telling us hell is coming and it's being led by Prozanski....

OFF is the best friend you have in Oregon, I wish we had them here with us in Washington. I donate to and belong to OFF even though I don't live in Oregon. Posting here and accusing others of "not doing their job" isn't going to get it done this time. If we want to keep our rights we ALL need to stand together and stop this.

To those complaining, what is it that you have in mind? The ultra left has a majority in both the house and senate. We've had zero defectors on the right side of either house. We have only one person who will side with us on the left. So what the he** are people suggesting that we do?

It has to be a grass roots effort. If people aren't willing to do anything more than pi** and moan on a forum, then we've given up. Make more phone calls, go and see your representatives, in both houses. We're stuck with the legislature that we have. It can only be changed by voting or by pressure. The way I see it, we need to look for any one of the people that may be swayed and work on them. If all you can do is call and send emails, then fine. But if you can go in to see any of them to let them know how you feel, then that's what we need to be doing. It's probably a waste of time to keep calling Prozonskis' office and talking to the staff, but it gives me a weird kind of pleasure to spin them up and get them yelling at me. And I still do it.

Look, we're pretty screwed here and at the mercy of the dems. But that doesn't mean we should give up. Call Brain Clems' office and ask if anyone on the staff feels butt hurt by the treatment they got last session. Make as many calls as you can every day. I don't know if it'll make any difference, but I still work on it. Beats just giving up and *itching about our best allies.

What do we want, all I can do is speak for myself I want accountability for starters maybe just maybe OFF should spend there funding on the cause thats at hand and not on political runners
or family members. The Secretary of State shows the expenses of lobbys and I am not impressed with how its being spent. The amount of money given to political candidates many who never even made it to office could have been spent on billboard and getting the word out to the masses. I get it as well make calls, write letters. And can someone tell me if a few thousand show up in Salem like last year and write and call, what is OFF doing that we are not on our own for the mass amounts they collect. I could say the same about the NRA. They were pretty vacant here, but our own lobbyist we have in my opinion last few years has made some poor choices for us.
Salem is not intimidated nor are they even caring about OFF, its a non-issue for them. So I am all for supporting OFF. If OFF was doing something other then telling what I have done for 35 years as an adult on my own I write I call I submit testimony. I for one do not see OFF as an Allie not for several years but that's just me and my own opinion. I have been a supporter of OFF for years physically and monetarily but this year I didn't and wont until I get answers. Yes I have written and I get the same answer I do from politicians. " its not easy and we have to all work together, they have a majority and as long as we do not compromise we will come out a ahead " That doesn't help in the least, we are just this side of needing force to get something done and yet we are told write letters.

I don't want to be noted as the guy that bashes OFF on NWFA. I truly appreciate the last 20+ years of hard labor they have done. But this same plan year after year is no longer a threat and Salem doesnt care. A whole new plan of attack need to be done.
You know the guy that works in the field all day long week after week year after and one day he takes a nap when the boss shows up. The boss wont notice all the hard work that was done before they will notice when you did do your job however.
I would hope OFF having done this over two decades would know a plan better then anyone and if OFF doesn't have one then A: what are we paying dues for? and B: we are so screwed !

OK i'm done best of luck, I for one am working locally here to get things done for as I have said before Salem and lobbys pretty much ignore us down here so well do it our selves.

PSUSCC response to Oregon SB 1551

February 2nd, 2016
Written Testimony for SB 1551

Dear Oregon Senators:

We're Portland State University Students for Concealed Carry (PSUSCC). PSUSCC is a student club that was officially launched a little over a month ago, and now has 31 members. Our members have found an incredibly diverse group of people who all share an interest and a passion for the sport of shooting and the Second Amendment. We are from diverse racial, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds; we are men, women, conservatives, and liberals; we are straight, bisexual, and queer; we are survivors of sexual assault, veterans, older adults with incredible life experiences, and young adults just beginning our careers. What unites us is our firm belief that self-defense an unalienable human right, and our commitment to safe, responsible gun-ownership.

We're 100% opposed to SB 15511 and urge you to VOTE NO for the following reasons:

1. The bill would grant a wide range of individuals the ability to make the assumption that someone is experiencing a mental health crisis. The problem here is that neither educators, school principles, instructors or administrators of a college or university have the mental health education or experience necessary to make a report whose ramifications are so severe as to strip someone of a constitutional right without due process.

2. It is a curious thing to consider that a report sent to the State Police Firearms Unit alleging that someone is experiencing a mental health crisis and shouldn't be able to buy a firearm, isn't serious enough for any kind of followup. In fact, the accused will have no way of knowing their constitutional right has been taken away until they attempt to purchase a firearm.

3. There is ZERO due process.

4. There is no limit to the number of times someone vindictive (or have someone else on their behalf) renew the report.

5. The burden of proof is on the accused to show "clear and convincing evidence" that they're not a danger to themselves or others. This is time and money.

We are incredibly concerned with SB 1551 and the direct attack on the constitutionally protected rights of all Oregonians. In particular, we are troubled with the lack of due process afforded to individuals in this bill. Under SB 1551, any individual can have their second amendment rights taken away from them without knowing who is accusing them of being unsafe, or even when they have been accused. Under this bill, the burden is on gun owners to prove they are innocent – at their own time and expense – in order to restore their freedom to purchase a firearm. This is unconstitutional, and in our democratic republic, this type of legislation is unconscionable.

We believe Oregonians can do better than a secret system designed to strip away the rights of citizens unless they can prove their innocence. We can address gun violence and mental health issues without sacrificing the rights of the thousands of Oregonians who have been diagnosed with a mental health issue, the majority of whom are more likely to be the victim of a violent crime, rather than the perpetrator.

We need forward thinking, compassionate solutions that address the real causes of violent crime and create lasting, positive changes for Oregonians. SB 1551 will not achieve this. It will create an environment of fear where those who are struggling with difficult emotions are scared to get help, for fear that it could cost them their freedom. Meanwhile, violent criminals will continue to get guns the way they always have: on the black market.

We urge you to vote no on SB 1551. This is a direct attack on law abiding gun owners. It will do nothing to stop violent crime.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kendra
President
Portland State University – Students for Concealed Carry

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA