JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Straight from the mealy mouths at OPB Communist broadcasting network. Why not for the sake of eliminating the backlog they just run a check on CHL holders that comes back valid or invalid? CHL holders are already BGC'd so unless it's revoked they should be good to go. Those who don't have a valid CHL would still need to go through a BGC. I know, that would make too much sense so never mind. FUAC/FUKB

I don't see how it changes anything in a practical sense. I've never had a LGS that would make use of the 3 day rule for me. In fact, making those panicky first time buyers wait a week or two might underline the fact that they have been lied to all this time for them. Good for them, builds character.

What absolute biased garbage.
Most FFLS still wont release without approval, its merely the ability to release. Every FFL I've been to since the great purchase influx delays transfer until OSP approval.. THERE IS NO LOOPHOLE BEING EXPLOITED. These sick f*cks are simply fabricating a false narrative to push a draconian agenda that'll be rife with abuse. They know full well they can purposely delay a sale indefinitely, basically halting the ability for law abiding citizens to purchase but more importantly transfer firearms in a realistic timeframe.

I truly wish there was a public comment section. Id slap that limp wrist, soft handed liberal author silly with facts. Sadly I think his soy intake it far too great to have proper cognitive function to comprehend anything he is told.

"Roof was allowed to buy the gun he used in the 2015 mass shooting after his background check results took longer than three days. Because he admitted to drug possession during an earlier arrest, Roof would have been prohibited from purchasing the gun."

uuuhhhh.... that's not a "loophole", that's "incompetence".
More specifically, GOVERNMENT incompetence.
YOU people are IN the government.

Seeing a pattern yet?

Hmm, if this passes how many expect a drastic reduction in the number of OSP officers conducting BGC amid record number of requests, with no additional funding from the state? They might try a firearm "tax" to pay for more, just to get their foot in the door, to expand later.

I have always wondered why obeying the law is considered a "loop hole". The left wrote the law, the left enforces the law, and I obey the law they wrote and somehow my obeying the law they wrote is a "loop hole" that needs to be fixed. Amazing, just amazing.

Best case - it has no effect
Worst case - creates a loophole for Oregon to not issue bgc for whatever reason they want since they can't pass the ridiculous legislation they want

I have always wondered why obeying the law is considered a "loop hole". The left wrote the law, the left enforces the law, and I obey the law they wrote and somehow my obeying the law they wrote is a "loop hole" that needs to be fixed. Amazing, just amazing.
That's an easy question. It is because they are silly and ignorant. In their drive to "do something" about their imagined crisis, they enact laws that are poorly thought out and weakly written. Their fellow leftist blindly vote for this crap because they don't want to be seen as pro-gun or obstructive to the leftist agenda. So, political lemmings that they are, they march in lockstep toward the cliff without a single one having the spine or intellect to ask "Do we really need to be doing this?"

Cute how almost all progressive's solutions involve more spending and by extension a bigger government. EXCEPT anything that might in anyway shape or form benefit gun owners in pursuit of reducing gun violence. Hire sufficient OSP staff? In-school firearm safety classes? Public ranges? Free Private-Private transfers at police stations? Nah

OPB is despicable. The mealy mouthed, implication and supposition presented as fact, writing in the article is only the latest in a never ending spew of rot from them.

And I used to subscribe.

Ages ago, when the "gun show loophole" bill in Oregon was up for a vote (and later passed), I had an exchange with the news director. I've always been a 2A guy, but back in the day was also a centrist. So when that bill was up and I heard the "news" reporting on it I wrote and, I thought, persuasively presented the facts around the bill and why their reporting was inaccurate.

Their "news" repeatedly conflated all sales at gun shows with private sales. I pointed out that the vast majority of gun show sales were through dealers, which already had to go through a bgc no matter where they took place. I pointed out that straw purchases were already illegal. I pointed out that anyone selling firearms, anywhere, who was acting as a dealer and not doing bgc were already in violation of the law. I pointed out that private sales to prohibited persons were already illegal. I pointed out that, statistically, private sales to non-prohibited persons were simply not a real world issue; such guns were not used in crimes in any volume that mattered.

Thus, I asked that he please modify their reporting and stop implying - and sometimes actually saying in so many words - that gun shows were free-for-alls, and this bill would "fix" that.

He said nope. Their reporting had no errors or bias. So they wouldn't change anything.

And the scales fell from my eyes.

60 days so far on delay with a recently renewed CHL. Because OSP can't find proof of a Felony that was a traffic court mistermenor 39 years ago.

Beat that stupidity

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads