JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yep, warrantless searches. Im sure the response will be "uh, we didnt read it" again

"Allow an inspector from the department to inspect the storage of assault weapons
and large capacity magazines to ensure compliance with this subsection;"

Apparently the beating that Washington politicians took about violating those pesky 4th and 14th amendment rights didn't make it clear. HB3200 says a law enforcement officer MUST be allowed to enter your home and check for "assault weapons."

I've since called my senator and house rep and left messages about how they would vote. I also called Mitch Greenlink's number and asked why he felt Oregonians did not deserve protection under the 4th and 14th amendments. I also called Fox 12 and demanded they do a story to expose this bullbubblegum. If they get enough press maybe they'll pick it up Nationally.

Absolutely incredible. Yesterday I actually had some hope for sanity and today this news of HB3200. Please, everyone use the OFF automailer function and never let up on your state reps. Among other problems, they again fail to recognize that they work for US and not the other way around. Our freedoms will continue to be lost without everyone's efforts to keep these idiots in check.

I just shot an e mail off to every state rep. now for the senators. The idea that you can suddenly receive 10 years in prison for owning a 20 round magazine that was completely legal the day before a bill passed boggles my mind.

Just did it, as well as my wife, what a bunch of garbage. totally unacceptable . We also need to remember WHO these ''people'' are who are backing this monstrosity and get them voted OUT!!

This bill also seems to prohibit the manufacture of "assault weapons" in Oregon, if you want to sell them to the police in other states. (Allows only if you sell them to police in Oregon). Here is a list of exceptions:

b) The manufacture of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine by a firearms
manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States
or to a law enforcement agency in this state for use by that agency or its employees, provided the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal, state and local laws; or
(c) The sale or transfer of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine by a firearms
dealer licensed under 18 U.S.C. 923 to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States
or to a law enforcement agency in this state for use by that agency or its employees for law
enforcement purposes.

From my reading of this, it would allow: Manufacture of assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Oregon for use by US Armed Forces, or law enforcement in Oregon.

From my reading of this, it would prohibit: Manufacture of assault weapon or large capacity magazine in Oregon for use by law enforcement outside of Oregon.

So not only is this bill full of crap for gun owners, it is full of crap for manufacturers.

If it passes: Here is the clause we can use to get around this:

(List of people exempt from this law)
(a) Any government officer, agent or employee, member of the Armed Forces of the
United States or peace officer as that term is defined in ORS 133.005 if that person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess an assault weapon or large capacity magazine and
does so while acting within the scope of that person's duties;

Well, I'm a government agent. After all, it is a government of the people, for the people, and by the people. I vote, and pay taxes, so I am part of the government.

Therefore, I am exempt from this law.

Is there a point to banning guns in the capital? The place was filled with people carrying firearms legally and nothing bad happened. From what I read it was business as usual.

I actually felt safer knowing "good guys" had guns. This is the way the public should feel. The NRA needs to run ads to drill this into the "low information" public.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top