JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon may seem pretty blue, but gun control doesn't fly here
Never has, even in the face of heavy Democratic pressure. Oregon is unique in that we have strong traditions and background in the outdoors. Even our most 'liberal' areas have deep roots in rural lifestyles and thinking.

"Expand background checks to also cover private sales and transfers between individuals. There would be an exemption for sales or transfers between immediate family members."

I'm not happy with this. I see no reason for it.

Why not go on the offense.

No bills which will limit gun rights without 100% support in committee (democrats will love it because they will be forced to vote along party lines and lose their seat)

No limits on magazine capacity

No ban of firearms based upon appearance or name

I still don't get how a ban on paper would prevent a criminal from taking a firearm into a school?

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS TO ME? Is there magic involved?

It won't, they know it won't, it takes away the means for the law abiding public to defend itself thus, making them totally reliant on Government for their well being. That is their goal.

Obama’s Anti-gun Ground Troops Come to Central Oregon

by KS on February 20, 2013 in OFF Alerts

Yesterday we told you that “Organizing for Action,” a leftist Obama front group, will be meeting today with Congressman Kurt Schrader to twist his arm and try to force him to go along with Obama’s gun ban plans.

Today we have learned that the same group plans to target Congressman Greg Walden on Friday at his Bend office.

This group has demanded “universal background checks and limits on the size of magazine clips.” (You cannot make this stuff up.) They plan to be outside Walden’s office from 4:30 to 5:30 PM Friday. Please call Walden and tell him to ignore the manufactured rabble and stay strong in support of gun rights. Walden’s Bend phone number is 541-389-4408.
This is borrowed from OregonFirearms.org
Obama's Anti-gun Ground Troops Come to Central Oregon - Oregon Firearms Federation

These guys will do anything to push this BS down our throats.

How much life must suck to be Burdick and Prozanski. They are like woodpeckers at the pillars of freedom. At least they have a copule hundred years to separate them from the founders who would likely hang them for treason and undermining the republic.

Glad the AR and mag ban are off the table. Those were my two main concerns. If they pass the live fire requirement for CHL, more states might recognize Oregon's CHL as it would bring the training requirements in line with their own requirements. So, not all bad. Plus the thought that someone who has never fired a gun in their life could buy one, acquire a CHL and carry it around is a little scary. I know I would not want to be around when they pull it out in public and fire it for the first time at a BG. Duck and take cover.

The Capitol and schools bills are just plain ignorant. The gang bangers and wacko's will like having a gun free zone to target when they go off the deep end.

And on the Capitol bill, some pro gun activists invited this one upon themselves. The anti's are playing a chess game. Strategy plays out better than a calvary charge when playing chess.

This is a Bate and Switch

Here is some to write to your Rep and Sen. Concerning back ground checks.

I have been doing a little review of the background check law and I have a question. One of the requirements is that the dealer provide “The make, model, caliber and manufacturer’s number of the firearm being transferred.” So aside from being able to keep a database of who purchased what gun, what is the reason this requirement is necessary? It seems to me the only thing needed to complete a valid background check is positive identification of the purchaser, and that the make, model, caliber and manufacturer’s number of the firearm being transferred is irrelevant.

There may be a valid reason for keeping a record of the information, but I can’t think of one other than maintaining a database of purchasers and their firearms which of course is tantamount to gun registration which I believe is federally prohibited. Do you know of any other valid reasons?

This is a Bate and Switch

Here is some to write to your Rep and Sen. Concerning back ground checks.

I have been doing a little review of the background check law and I have a question. One of the requirements is that the dealer provide "The make, model, caliber and manufacturer's number of the firearm being transferred." So aside from being able to keep a database of who purchased what gun, what is the reason this requirement is necessary? It seems to me the only thing needed to complete a valid background check is positive identification of the purchaser, and that the make, model, caliber and manufacturer's number of the firearm being transferred is irrelevant.

There may be a valid reason for keeping a record of the information, but I can't think of one other than maintaining a database of purchasers and their firearms which of course is tantamount to gun registration which I believe is federally prohibited. Do you know of any other valid reasons?

My thoughts exactly!!

Don't believe it. It's not over till the legislative session ends. If anything, it's a ploy to get everybody off their backs until they can sneak it through a vote when nobody is expecting (because they think it's dead) or nobody is looking.

They were on OPB today. I found it almost humorous in a "how can they be so stupid" way: <broken link removed>

elsie

Two news channels today mentioned a new bill that will "allow" folks to keep their AR's and 3 magazines as long as they are registered. No mention of a sponsor or bill number.

My wild guess is Mitch Greenlick.

Two news channels today mentioned a new bill that will "allow" folks to keep their AR's and 3 magazines as long as they are registered. No mention of a sponsor or bill number.

My wild guess is Mitch Greenlick.

You could be right. Proposing to make cigarettes a prescription drug was one of the worst ideas I've ever seen in the legislature.

more proof that Ginny Burdick gets aroused at the idea of the possibility of dead children. She is still digging her heels in with the banning of LICENSED CCW holders from carrying on school grounds. Its criminal. Its a ploy to get CCW holders to leave their guns at home. How many CCW hodlers have kids? What are you to do if you take your kids to school? She is perpetuating the disgrace of SOFT TARGETS. Progressives love dead kids, either in an abortion clinic dumpster or on a classroom floor. Both are agenda advancement for them.

That's great, but I still don't like those smaller laws they are trying to push.

for example.. the school ban but they can opt out. why does it have to be default? why not the other way around? shouldn't it be the schools individual choice to ban or not?
Ban guns in the Capitol? do they mean just the building or the entire city?
live fire training? While I think its great to do, I don't think it should be required. Highly encouraged, but not mandatory

Background check.. my opinion is that there needs to be a general check that is not specific to gun sales. Isn't there a background check for jobs? is it the same system? if not I think it should be. One system that anyone can use for the purpose of making sure someone isn't a criminal.

oh, and as many people have already mentioned, I think it should be a crime for anyone to make laws that try to circumvent the constitution.

think again HB3200 Probably funded by the bloomturd/feinsbubblegum group has there mo all over it. Just another cut/paste state to state hack job we must stay vigilant.

<broken link removed>

Did anyone else get this from OFF today?

Oregon Firearms Federation
PO Box 556
Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

http://www.oregonfirearms.org
OFF ALERT 02.22.13

MASSIVE GUN BAN INTRODUCED IN OREGON HOUSE

This bill bans most modern firearms and magazines, requires that you register the ONE gun you will be allowed to own and allows for warrantless searches of your home.

This may be one of *the most extreme anti-gun bills *introduced in the nation.

See the whole story at either of the following links:

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-gun-ban-introduced

http://tinyurl.com/az2ungo

Did anyone else get this OFF today?

Oregon Firearms Federation
PO Box 556
Canby, OR 97013

Voice: (503) 263-5830

http://www.oregonfirearms.org
OFF ALERT 02.22.13

MASSIVE GUN BAN INTRODUCED IN OREGON HOUSE

This bill bans most modern firearms and magazines, requires that you register the ONE gun you will be allowed to own and allows for warrantless searches of your home.

This may be one of *the most extreme anti-gun bills *introduced in the nation.

See the whole story at either of the following links:

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

http://tinyurl.com/az2ungo

I just saw it and read it. I just sent my request that they vote against it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top