JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During session, governor must sign or veto legislation within 5 days of transmittal (except Saturdays and Sundays), or it becomes law without signature. For legislation transmitted to the governor within the last 5 days of the session, governor must act within 30 days of adjournment (except Saturdays and Sundays), or legislation becomes law without signature.

StateScape - Governor Signing Deadlines

Sent an email to Rep Kim Thatcher her is the reply. Very fast reply I must say.

Larry – we have heard some rumors good and bad but none we can verify. My gut feeling is that he will let it become law without his signature once the deadline passes April 16th.

Thanks for your interest.

Dawn Phillips
Policy & Public Relations Director
State Representative
Kim Thatcher
900 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Oregon State Representative
[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:55 AM
To: Rep Thatcher
Subject: HB4045

How long has the Gov. Had the bill ?

Have you heard any rumors as to whether he will sign it or not.

Sent an email to Rep Kim Thatcher her is the reply. Very fast reply I must say.

Larry – we have heard some rumors good and bad but none we can verify. My gut feeling is that he will let it become law without his signature once the deadline passes April 16th.

Thanks for your interest.

Dawn Phillips
Policy & Public Relations Director
State Representative
Kim Thatcher
900 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Oregon State Representative
[email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 11:55 AM
To: Rep Thatcher
Subject: HB4045

How long has the Gov. Had the bill ?

Have you heard any rumors as to whether he will sign it or not.

Thank you for looking into this, Larry. Will be interested to see what happens after April 16!

Is that the same as voting present?

In my opinion, what it means is the Gov. doesn't agree with it so he will not sign the bill. It will become law without signature. Now he still looks good to his liberal supporters. He didn't have to make a commitment and when all of us CCL holders go out and commit mass murder he can say, I told you so.

In my opinion, what it means is the Gov. doesn't agree with it so he will not sign the bill. It will become law without signature. Now he still looks good to his liberal supporters. He didn't have to make a commitment and when all of us CCL holders go out and commit mass murder he can say, I told you so.

It would also take people changing their votes or not showing up because it had over a 70% majority in both chambers which would override his veto.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top