JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Is a 60 suspension Merited?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but he should be able to shoot in the competitions so his future is not ruined.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No, and the board members who implemented the punishment should be forced to resign.

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
I'm posting this with out the families knowledge. It has come to my attention that Josephine County Sportsman Association Gun Range ( JCSA ) has suspended a fellow member for 60 days. The member is 17 years old and a competitive Sporting Clay and Trap and Skeet shooter. During these 60 days is one college reported shoot and two nationally reported shoots.

HE GOT SUSPENDED FOR URINATING ON A TREE!!!!!! That's right, he was out in the woods, and peed on a tree. Someone saw him and complained and the board decided to punish him with a 60 day ban. He practices 3-4 times a week, and has the three tournaments in which he will not be able to participate. He wrote a letter pleading for the opportunity to be present for the shoots as the college reported one puts him in line to receive scholarships, even potentially a full ride....

While urinating on the tree may not have been the best choice. Very few can say they've never peed on a tree. Punishing him to this extreme is INSANE!!! This kid has the opportunity of a better future through shooting and an education, and to top that he has qualified to the finals for Olympics 2020.

I personally feel it is Cruel and unusual punishment for them to ban anyone for 60 days for urinating on a tree, let alone an individual who uses the range 3 times a week and that can and will have cascading effects on his future.

PLEASE EMAIL or call the contacts below with your displeasure of the excessive 60 day suspension for urinating on a tree!!!!!

Last Edited:
It is utter nonsense. Where did it happen & who reported it. Lots of questions still need answered IMHO. I have watered MANY a tree in my day and will continue, it's so peaceful...
Emailed the president with a quote from OP. I hope this helps the youngster out.

It is utter nonsense. Where did it happen & who reported it. Lots of questions still need answered IMHO. I have watered MANY a tree in my day and will continue, it's so peaceful...
Emailed the president with a quote from OP. I hope this helps the youngster out.

From what I understand the person who witnessed the incident did not intend or realize how far and extreme they were going to punish the kid. The incident happened on 4/12/2017 at the Josephine County Sportsmans Park in grants pass. Location wise at the park was on the Northwest Corner near the entrance to the sporting clays trails / archerer's lodge.

I dont want to name names as the kid is a minor, and as I stated the guy who reported it I don't think intended for it to go to these extremes.

If he gets the 60 days and no comp, so should Club Prez as an admitted perp of the same thing.

B*tchy Little Girls like this are why I don't join gun clubs... I'll bet what really happened is the kid was kicking their asses in competition and they couldn't take it, much like the whole "PAC NINE, if you can't beat 'em DQ 'em" BS that got thrown down on Don James and UW.

EDIT: You guys wanna know why gun club culture is dying? Petty little pin-dicks like this, and those who support or fail to recall them assuming the option's in club bylaws, are EXACTLY why--people like me deal with enough Butthurt Little B*tch-ness from the Bloomers and don't want the Drama Queen Bullsh*t from those who are supposedly our own. If someone like this is an officer in your club, they need to be either contained or removed; this kind of "Rules for Thee But Not Me" rank hypocrisy and abuse-of-power cannot be allowed to stand, anywhere.

Last Edited:
Do they have out house out in the woods lol if those people saw what I have done beside a tree I would be in prison lol and I guess you can't take your dog in the woods any more

Were the Russians involved and will there be a Special Prosecutor? Also, what kind of pervert watches an underage boy urinate?

From what I understand the person who witnessed the incident did not intend or realize how far and extreme they were going to punish the kid. The incident happened on 4/12/2017 at the Josephine County Sportsmans Park in grants pass. Location wise at the park was on the Northwest Corner near the entrance to the sporting clays trails / archerer's lodge.

I dont want to name names as the kid is a minor, and as I stated the guy who reported it I don't think intended for it to go to these extremes.

Well what I was wondering if in fact it was one of the kids competition, that's what it amounted to.
Also, who tattle tails for someone peeing out of doors (unless it's in the city limits) good Gawd some people are just snowflakes!!! Lol:p
Regardless I still was moved to contact the President and inform him that if I was ever down in that area & wanted to shoot that I'd find another place & would not spend a cent there.:mad:

Well what I was wondering if in fact it was one of the kids competition, that's what it amounted to.
Also, who tattle tails for someone peeing out of doors (unless it's in the city limits) good Gawd some people are just snowflakes!!! Lol:p
Regardless I still was moved to contact the President and inform him that if I was ever down in that area & wanted to shoot that I'd find another place & would not spend a cent there.:mad:
I was going to say if he goes there 3or4 time's a week that's a lot of money I would find another place to practice if it is possible

He should be given a few free clays or something, as compensation for fertilizing the club foliage, not punished for doing as nature intended.

:confused: WTF did I just read
LOL yep I guess I shouldn't have put those two comment 's in the same post lol the first part is referring to hunting and lots of use here have been camping or hunting and had to take that morning walk with a roll of TP and the other part just means you can't take your dog in the woods because they pi$$ on trees LOL I SHOULD HAVE MADE SEPARATE POST

ONCE YOU'VE SEEN IT, YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT!

I hope you at least baried your leavings... it's one of the worst parts about eagle creek and the oak grove fork. I'm all for it as long as it goes underground. LoL

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top