JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I can say that I know of at least one conservative Redneck, from Sacto Komifornia who moved here...

She is my house keeper, a Go Getter, had a Temp job within a week, a better temp job in two weeks, and a yet better job, but still temp.... That will be going for another Two Plus months. Much better than some of the same age group, I have seen doing nothing but looking for their second Million, cause they heard that First Million, is the hard one to get!!!!

she is living with her relatives, Old Fashioned Oregonians, and has already mentioned that some of the people she has met of her age group (26 YO) are just flakes.

She certainly helps me out. I pay her $10/hour and she works me in around her schedule, at my request, I said get a real job, mine is not but 3 hours a week...

I do believe, many who are leaving the communist controlled south of us, are doing so because they are conservative, and tired of not being ~heard~ by their politico's... So that will Boost our cause.

my Two 1950 pennies of thought...

philip

Well I can say that I know of at least one conservative Redneck, from Sacto Komifornia who moved here...

She is my house keeper, a Go Getter, had a Temp job within a week, a better temp job in two weeks, and a yet better job, but still temp.... That will be going for another Two Plus months. Much better than some of the same age group, I have seen doing nothing but looking for their second Million, cause they heard that First Million, is the hard one to get!!!!

she is living with her relatives, Old Fashioned Oregonians, and has already mentioned that some of the people she has met of her age group (26 YO) are just flakes.

She certainly helps me out. I pay her $10/hour and she works me in around her schedule, at my request, I said get a real job, mine is not but 3 hours a week...

I do believe, many who are leaving the communist controlled south of us, are doing so because they are conservative, and tired of not being ~heard~ by their politico's... So that will Boost our cause.

philip

Reafirm they keep their conservative view when voting and dont bring any politics up from that leper colony to the South.

philip

I hope you are right about the new residents being conservative.

The migration to the NW and specifically Portland Metro area has been going on for over 20 years. Built many big fancy houses for the Californians that were moving here in droves during the 90's. People are running out of coastal areas (by that i mean beach trip is a 1 day drive, not 2 or 3) to live in and the NW is the last frontier so to speak in the US mainland for these types of areas. Also there is the silicone forest which has been luring many. It is getting to where many like myself from the area, are looking out of the area for retirement. I know I am. Eastern Washington or Idaho keeps sounding better and better....

I moved up here in 2010 because I was able to get a job here. Sure, I am a conservative. Don't belong to any party.
I want Oregon to remain Oregon. Period.
The idiots that ruined California need to stay in California.
I am glad I moved, the general atmosphere here is much better than down south.
I have bounced around a lot, since college, living in various states, visiting various countries.
Oregon is "home". "Home" not where I grew up at, Central California near Fresno.
Besides, "home" is where I am at... not where I am from...
Screw changing Oregon... keep Oregon as Oregon...

I moved up here in 2010 because I was able to get a job here. Sure, I am a conservative. Don't belong to any party.
I want Oregon to remain Oregon. Period.
The idiots that ruined California need to stay in California.
I am glad I moved, the general atmosphere here is much better than down south.
I have bounced around a lot, since college, living in various states, visiting various countries.
Oregon is "home". "Home" not where I grew up at, Central California near Fresno.
Besides, "home" is where I am at... not where I am from...
Screw changing Oregon... keep Oregon as Oregon...

I moved here in 2002. Just like you I call this place home. Don't have any intentions on changing anything. I moved here from southern California and it had its positives, still like to visit. Don't want to move back. Our I missed it that much I would move back, I don't.

What worries me is that the article makes it sound like this last wave of new comers are scarf wearing, Greenpeace hipsters. Usually not very conservative or pro 2A.

I have met quite a few that have moved to Central Oregon and am happy to report that all the one's I've met are conservative. People from Montana, Texas, and Alaska. Sadly, I'm sure due to Gov. Kitzhaber's love affair with the illegal alien population, I'm sure the PDX, Salem and Eugene areas are being filled up with people looking for "hope and change"....

I have met quite a few that have moved to Central Oregon and am happy to report that all the one's I've met are conservative. People from Montana, Texas, and Alaska. Sadly, I'm sure due to Gov. Kitzhaber's love affair with the illegal alien population, I'm sure the PDX, Salem and Eugene areas are being filled up with people looking for "hope and change"....

I would be more concerned with the legal migration. Those have the right to vote and can make real changes.

I was raised in different parts of rural Oregon until I left for the service. Came back 21 years later to an alien land. Moved to Washington thinking naively that it might somehow be "freer". Didnt take me long to see it for what it was. Eastern Or. And Eastern Wa. arent quite so liberal or stifling but still have to endure the politics from the west.
My wife and I have decided to make our last stand in Montana. It too is being invaded but the state probably has another 20 or 30 good years in her. By then we wont care. I thank God I have a decent retirement at a young age so I can live wherever I want. Its nice to not have to care about unemployment rates, just pick a place you like and go. We have been downsizing for years. We laughingly call it downward mobility but its truly freedom. I bubblegum about my money problems all the time just like everyone does but in comparison I owe very very little compared to most. Be weird, pay with cash. Its been good to us.

Been here 7 years from FL.. Didn't label myself Conservative until I moved here in the Liberal cesspool of the Eugene area. My moderate views were quickly alienating me among the bleeding heart locals and I suddenly woke up politically. I'm now a moderate conservative I guess, leaning more Libertarian day by day but by the closed minded standards that surround me I'm a "right wing nut job"!
Anybody's guess what your population surge equates to politically, maybe they will be disgusted by "who-vills" (homeless camps) in the downtown or the needle infested playgrounds full of bums or the taxes that keep going up etc. These things I feel are from liberal govt. policies and are killing this state. I hope the newcomers realize this quick and vote accordingly! Good Luck native Oregonians.... good luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top