JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are we now to the point of making a separate thread for BM 114? This one started in November last year and it takes awhile to get to the current information. I believe that becoming effective also means that information is easy to obtain. Making a sticky with the current organizations, what actions are being taken, and how to work with them would be helpful.

ETA: The website for Stop114.com doesn't offer anything we can do about it except get mad and send them money. Frankly, it sounds a lot like NRA at this time.
Separate new thread is a good idea. Less confusing to newcomers.
Both gun groups OFF and NRA will want donations. You can't just expect them to fight for you with no resources. The question they should each be asked many times (once by each of us) is "What is the experience of the people who will be involved with this fight? What is your action plan? What exactly do you plan to do with the donations? Do you have TV ads planned? How much and where will they run?" See if either contact has thought through what they are willing and able to do for our donations. Maybe we will like what we hear and send money. They should have existing connections from previous fights. If we get vague bs maybe we make our own group.

Last Edited:
Everyone on this thread, can you please post what YOU personally are willing to do to push back on this silly law? Choices will be things like:
  1. Start an organization for the purpose of pushing NO on 114
  2. Link up and volunteer time and money to existing organizations to get them interested in opposing 114 on our behalf
    • That begs the question: How many of you have already reached out to existing orgs?
  3. Flood TV stations and newspapers with letters and requests for meetings with reporters
  4. Distribute literature
  5. Write that literature
  6. Something else (tell us your idea)
  7. Nothing at all
One or two people aren't going to cut it. Enough people might.

What's your response? Please post here.

Thanks,
DancingHippos
We are our own worst enemies in many cases. In-fighting because someone doesn't like a certain 2A Organization, or fudds that don't like ARs, or relovler guys that don't like autos is among the stupidest crap we pull on ourselves.

Volunteer time and money if you have it. But remember that or adversary has unlimited time because they don't work, unlimited funds because of Bloomberg and Soros money, and unlimited PR because of a complicit and sympathetic media and tech monopoly.

We are seriously behind, and to be brutally honest, rather pathetic when it comes to uniting our base and getting organized. So, if we are going to make a difference:

1. The message needs to be quick, effective, and needs to reach the the most fence sitters possible.
2. The in-fighters who don't think this affects them, need to pull their heads out.
3. There needs to be a method for those who work two jobs or 60+ hours a week to be involved. Rallies have their place but not everyone can take off work to attend them.
4:. Speaking of rallies, that is not the time for LARPing.

Lemme axe yous guys a serious question here, and don't give an obtuse or condescending answer, ...........................................................................................

How much money would one of the Pro Gun Orgs have to spend to get a 30 second spot on ANY Prime Time MSM broadcast?

The Answer is 0, because the Left OWNS every major MSM network and no amount of money from any right side Pro Gun org would convince them to let it air, it goes against the narrative and agenda that Soros and Bloomingturd have spent to buy it all up and control the output!
You think FOX news would air an add from the NRA, let along MSNBC, CNN, ABC, or any of the others, FAT CHANCE!

You need to understand, there is ZERO chance we can get a pro gun message through the MSM, so were left with the Interwebs and various alt news, or U-Tubby to preach it to the limited audiences they have!

You can beat this thread to death and still have the same ZERO results other then I fried brain and tired arms from all that swingin! Good Luck with all that, it don't work, never has, never will!

We are our own worst enemies in many cases. In-fighting because someone doesn't like a certain 2A Organization, or fudds that don't like ARs, or relovler guys that don't like autos is among the stupidest crap we pull on ourselves.

Volunteer time and money if you have it. But remember that or adversary has unlimited time because they don't work, unlimited funds because of Bloomberg and Soros money, and unlimited PR because of a complicit and sympathetic media and tech monopoly.

We are seriously behind, and to be brutally honest, rather pathetic when it comes to uniting our base and getting organized. So, if we are going to make a difference:

1. The message needs to be quick, effective, and needs to reach the the most fence sitters possible.
2. The in-fighters who don't think this affects them, need to pull their heads out.
3. There needs to be a method for those who work two jobs or 60+ hours a week to be involved. Rallies have their place but not everyone can take off work to attend them.
4:. Speaking of rallies, that is not the time for LARPing.
Established organizations have an advantage. Have any of you reached out to the NRA rep whose email I posted yesterday? OFF? Anyone ask what they have in mind? If you like it donate. If you feel we can do a better job, ask advice and let's give it a try. We can ask them for donations and logistical support. Are we on the same side or are we competing businesses?

Established organizations have an advantage. Have any of you reached out to the NRA rep whose email I posted yesterday? OFF? Anyone ask what they have in mind? If you like it donate. If you feel we can do a better job, ask advice and let's give it a try. We can ask them for donations and logistical support. Are we on the same side or are we competing businesses?
I'll reiterate: We need a dedicated thread for Measure 114. The more forum members are informed/aware here, the more they can spread the news via their own personal connections/networks.

Word of mouth is going to be a huge tool for us. I've personally "enlightened" like 7-8 people in my own social circles. These people will, in-turn, inform others who may be ignorant to the measure.

This thread was stickied for the WA mag ban (and still is):

How do we make this happen for Measure 114?

I'll reiterate: We need a dedicated thread for Measure 114. The more forum members are informed/aware here, the more they can spread the news via their own personal connections/networks.

Word of mouth is going to be a huge tool for us. I've personally "enlightened" like 7-8 people in my own social circles. These people will, in-turn, inform others who may be ignorant to the measure.

Just start a thread with the title Opposition to Measure 114. Select Oregon as the state

Just start a thread with the title Opposition to Measure 114. Select Oregon as the state
Done

More comms from the enemy:

Dear Amleth,

Thanks for all you have done to get Measure 114 (formerly IP 17) on the fall ballot!

As we launch our campaign leading up to the election, we need your input to help voters understand the breadth of support for Measure 114! We have created a short survey inviting your endorsement and participation in our voter outreach efforts.

Take the Yes on Measure 114 voter outreach survey

Please take a moment to tell us how you would like to be involved!

Rev. Tom Campbell-Schmitt, Volunteer
LEVO Field Team

Lift Every Voice Oregon

More comms from the enemy:

Dear Amleth,

Thanks for all you have done to get Measure 114 (formerly IP 17) on the fall ballot!

As we launch our campaign leading up to the election, we need your input to help voters understand the breadth of support for Measure 114! We have created a short survey inviting your endorsement and participation in our voter outreach efforts.

Take the Yes on Measure 114 voter outreach survey

Please take a moment to tell us how you would like to be involved!

Rev. Tom Campbell-Schmitt, Volunteer
LEVO Field Team

Lift Every Voice Oregon
Thanks for the Link, I had a bit of fun answering the survey, made my day.

Provided my response deriding the clergy involved for attacking civil rights while at the same time ignoring the homeless crisis that plagues Portland and Oregon. Seems like they've become derelict in their duties to take care of those in need…

Done

. Seems like they've become derelict in their duties ...
This initiative is a real pain in the azz.
I hate it.
Predictably it's the blowback from when the "gun rights'' organizations abandoned their mission of "safety" and "marksmanship" in favor of shilling firearm sales for the industry.
Did anyone else not foresee this happening with the industry's relentless pushing of 'tactical' crap, and all the while supported by the 'gun rights' organizations.
If you've been awake the past 30 or so years, you cannot be surprised. The pendulum moves away from the extremes....

I hate it.
Predictably it's the blowback from when the "gun rights'' organizations abandoned their mission of "safety" and "marksmanship" in favor of shilling firearm sales for the industry.
Did anyone else not foresee this happening with the industry's relentless pushing of 'tactical' crap, and all the while supported by the 'gun rights' organizations.
If you've been awake the past 30 or so years, you cannot be surprised. The pendulum moves away from the extremes....
The overall trend among a certain political party/ideology toward stripping away the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with the NRA or any other gun rights organization.

For all their faults, the NRA has likely done a lot more in our favor over the last 20 years and is probably responsible for slowing the erosion of the 2nd Amendment.

Let's focus our efforts on the actual problem; those who are actively seeking to violate our Constitutional rights and disarm us piece by piece. The NRA and half of the major firearm manufacturers could be dissolved tomorrow and the anti-2A side still wouldn't be satisfied!

I hate it.
Folks shouldn't fool themselves. The anti-2a folks could care less about anything practical nor tactical.

"They" simply do not want "You" to be able to own ANY firearms AT ALL.

Like I always say, "The next person who parrots they're not coming for my guns is getting punched right in the throat." Because these draconian laws are ultimately just one more step towards disarmament.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top