JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Has anyone attempted to reach out to both the Sec-State and Oregon Attorney General's office in this issue?
It would seem to me that the I.P.-17 is now in direct conflict with the latest SCOTUS ruling and Vacateing of the two other cases which will now be reheared by the 9th! Regardless of how the 9th rules, the SCOTUS ruling still holds Oregon's I.P. null and void!
I would hope OFF would do that job? Or maybe not?

I just read IP17 a little bit deeper. Interesting that they're basically suggesting that carrying normal capacity mags in self defense on your person will be a crime.
That's an important point that I hope the lawsuits bring out.
That's how I read it. They're grandfathered in so you can possess them but you can't have them in the carry gun on your person. That can only be a 10 rounder. Ruger LCP is fine but downgrades my Glock 23.

Has anyone attempted to reach out to both the Sec-State and Oregon Attorney General's office in this issue?
It would seem to me that the I.P.-17 is now in direct conflict with the latest SCOTUS ruling and Vacateing of the two other cases which will now be reheared by the 9th! Regardless of how the 9th rules, the SCOTUS ruling still holds Oregon's I.P. null and void!
How is it in direct conflict with IP 17 or so?

Look at the NY v Bruen ruling and see how much of their I.P. violates the ruling! High Cap mags, Assault weapons, and purchasing licenses!
They're going to push for a vote and then Pearl clutch after, because instead of investing in trying to help people and work in the neighborhoods of high crime, they are ideologically driven.

17 pushes the licensing and the mag restrictions. The mag ban is in the scope of the remand and vacate, but not the license. That's just racially impactful because it's a cost that I will be annoyed by, but black and brown neighborhoods that want to protect themselves and are financially strapped are going to be unfortunately impacted by this.

18 they abandoned was AR and other semi bans and the state registry. They are counting on state legislators pushing the ban as well as a registry. If Ninth is forced to rule this fall, the pieces fall.

LEVO cares nothing about people, this is activism and hubris hiding behind their clergy collars. They're a cancer.

18 they abandoned was AR and other semi bans and the state registry. They are counting on state legislators pushing the ban as well as a registry. If Ninth is forced to rule this fall, the pieces fall.
18 is so radical they figured the general public would vote it down so rather than risk it on a ballot they are taking their chances with it being enacted by the legislature.

18 is so radical they figured the general public would vote it down so rather than risk it on a ballot they are taking their chances with it being enacted by the legislature.
This is where we really need to get active against the state A.G. Ellen Rosenbloom! We really need her gone, via recall or vote of no confidence, but she needs to go NOW !!!

Citizens lead all sorts of efforts. Tho one's getting this kind of praise are only on one side of the political spectrum
As a former member of the " Calguns" community forum. Does NW firearms have attorneys like they do to help fight matters like this
? 2nd amendment related legislation. Let's say worse case, it does manage to get on the ballot couldn't we collectively file a injunction blocking IP17?

Talking about mag bans being ineffective with people isn't going to matter. Media has won that one.
You want to get people to pivot or think twice? Hammer the inherent racial disparity in affordability for licensing. Those are the conversations I find are 1) most impactful and 2) most accurate anyway.

Looks like someone here figured it out. Kudos to whichever one of you decided to go public on them about it.
1656686499678.png

Last Edited:
"Lift Every Voice Oregon" admitted the Giffords law center is helping drive IP17 and 18. They develop a rating score for each state.

Screenshot_20220701_083126.jpg

"Lift Every Voice Oregon" admitted the Giffords law center is helping drive IP17 and 18. They develop a rating score for each state.

View attachment 1232401
So? I don't see how 'admitting' they are working with the GLC is in anyway nefarious or illegal

View attachment 1232401
Giffords is obviously biased since this is Gabby Gifford's anti gun site. That does not mean their council is wrong, it just means to be skeptical of what they have to say.

LEVO's association with them, however, shows this is not a local grass roots operation. I wonder who funds LEVO and by how much?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top