JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But livestock would have to die of natural causes before it could be used for food production,
Along with all the normal stupidity do these people realize an animal that dies from 'natural causes' CANNOT be safely eaten ?

Death from old age, disease, or other causes typically render animals unfit for human consumption.

I can garantee you, my dinner died a fitting death right along side a serious Idaho Potato, and so I intend to honor that sacrifice by eating all of it, including a big ol' Hank of bread to sop up all the juices with, and then chase it with a top shelf long island iced tea!

Waste Not!

I can garantee you, my dinner died a fitting death right along side a serious Idaho Potato, and so I intend to honor that sacrifice by eating all of it, including a big ol' Hank of bread to sop up all the juices with, and then chase it with a top shelf long island iced tea!

Waste Not!
Yup, there is a place for all noble creatures of the wild...right next to the potatoes and green beans!

I think Oregon should go ahead and change the state's official slogan to "Regulate everything!"

edit: "Regulate everything! (except hard core drugs, criminal behavior, and rioting)"

Oh man ! shot a truckload over many years of shooting East of Prineville in the areas around Paulina!

I remember during some times of 'high population' 20 or more a day was not unusual.
I head out to Christmas valley were there are plenty.
On the full moon at night it is not uncommon bag 100+
They are considered vermin and all you need is a hunting license.

Be mighty fun using NODs /NVGs on them with certain rifles
Not necessarily.

Even with night optics & such it would be difficult as you might find yourself stumbling around in the darkness as you need to keep on the move to keep THEM moving for effective shooting.

Jackrabbit hunting is not combat. It's best as a daytime sport where you can see what you are doing - and where your partner is while you are moving and shooting.

On the full moon at night it is not uncommon bag 100+
Never shot that many but full moon shooting is very fun - and you can see where you are going!

A steak from a dying cow would be as close to unappetizing as eating tree bark.

If this thing passes, there will be zero dairy farms in Oregon. No dairy could survive feeding unproductive cows until they were ready to die.

Without AI and same sex seaman, the bulls will have to do the work. Hence, half the calves would be male. How is a dairy going to feed this many bulls until they die.

A steak from a dying cow would be as close to unappetizing as eating tree bark.

If this thing passes, there will be zero dairy farms in Oregon. No dairy could survive feeding unproductive cows until they were ready to die.

Without AI and same sex seaman, the bulls will have to do the work. Hence, half the calves would be male. How is a dairy going to feed this many bulls until they die.
Pretty sure cattlemen call them 'Downers", which coincidentally puts me in mind of the folks pushing this idiotic bill.

I don't mind, just trap and eat the signers of this bill. Thay are probably vegans and taste delicious. Just don't forcibly impregnate their cows and sows...it is next to impossible to get the patchouli smell out.

100+ a night is a bunch! Never hunted 'em at night.

Yep, I understand the requirements. Been hunting all manner of game in Oregon (large and small) since the 1970's.

Be mighty fun using NODs /NVGs on them with certain rifles :D

Not necessarily.

Even with night optics & such it would be difficult as you might find yourself stumbling around in the darkness as you need to keep on the move to keep THEM moving for effective shooting.

Jackrabbit hunting is not combat. It's best as a daytime sport where you can see what you are doing - and where your partner is while you are moving and shooting.

Never shot that many but full moon shooting is very fun - and you can see where you are going!
I have been doing it for years. Since the early 1980's.
10/22 with a scope.
We got it down.
Just drive the gravel roads at night, see a jack in the headlights, stop, BAM!

We stop and get out to take turns shooting. First shooter and the other is backup. After the first shot, it's free shooting. We have a good system down on the cross fire.

If you get in a good area, couple nights before, during, and couple nights after the full moon, the place can be hopping with them. No joke, you get tired of shooting them. In fact when you had enough, you head back to camp and run over another dozen of them.

We have hit a 100+ several nights and that is with two people shooting. But remember, we miss so many more.

I am heading out to Wagontire Wednesday for a five day trip. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads