JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So unless Oregon bans the consumption of meat, its just hypocrisy isn't it? Its ok for others to slaughter the animal for them to eat but its not ok for them to dirty their own hands. Is Oregon in a race to overtake California as the State wit the largest holier than thou attitude? :D

Plus, they'll have to ban a series of things, such as hunting. Because otherwise, it'll become its not ok to kill animals for food, you can only kill them for fun. And what about pest control? Can't kill them either because its considered abuse?

Michelson said the initiative wouldn't ban animal agriculture entirely, nor would it abolish the sale of meat, leather or fur in Oregon. But livestock would have to die of natural causes before it could be used for food production, and "forced impregnation" of livestock would be outlawed, he said. Violators would face criminal prosecution.

ROFL. :s0140:

So unless Oregon bans the consumption of meat, its just hypocrisy isn't it? Its ok for others to slaughter the animal for them to eat but its not ok for them to dirty their own hands. Is Oregon in a race to overtake California as the State wit the largest holier than thou attitude? :D

Plus, they'll have to ban a series of things, such as hunting. Because otherwise, it'll become its not ok to kill animals for food, you can only kill them for fun. And what about pest control? Can't kill them either because its considered abuse?
OR and WA are both racing with CA to see who can get down the toilet bowel the fastest. It's sad to watch but a teachable time too. A lot, probably a large majority, do not believe this garbage but, they also will not lift a finger, or pen, to do anything. Then when some new law or rule goes in those who did nothing get mad that others did not do something.

Article also says, it also includes fishing*, hunting**, and presumably shooting vermin***.

* no more salmon/steel-head hatcheries
** we just get to pick up the deer that die from starvation

*** but, the Initiative's author is protecting himself and those that sign it :s0125:

Nothing surprises me at this point. Too many stupid people out there. So sad...that's why I'm packed up and ready to GTFO of here. As soon as the scumbags at the DMV give me my title and registration I've been waiting for since mid December 2020!!!!

Good thing we just bought a bunch of chickens, ducks and geese. Now I wonder how long it will be before Oregon decides that the homeless need to eat my birds.

Beyond the comedy rich environment of the entire notion of the initiative. I say let them pass it.
The idiots that support this will hopefully starve to death while the sportsman of the state will survive from their shopping trips in the woods.

From the article.....
"Michelson said the initiative wouldn't ban animal agriculture entirely, nor would it abolish the sale of meat, leather or fur in Oregon. But livestock would have to die of natural causes before it could be used for food production, and "forced impregnation" of livestock would be outlawed, he said. Violators would face criminal prosecution."

Really? I wonder how many OR voters won't even bother to read what the proposed initiative is actually about?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Beyond the comedy rich environment of the entire notion of the initiative. I say let them pass it.
The idiots that support this will hopefully starve to death while the sportsman of the state will survive from their shopping trips in the woods.

LOL...
Probably getting a lot of traction from the Vegan Community and Climate Change people of OR (Rrrrright, cow farts).

It's like non-gun owners telling gun owners how to live.

Aloha, Mark

From the article.....
"Michelson said the initiative wouldn't ban animal agriculture entirely, nor would it abolish the sale of meat, leather or fur in Oregon. But livestock would have to die of natural causes before it could be used for food production, and "forced impregnation" of livestock would be outlawed, he said. Violators would face criminal prosecution."

Well you herd Elmer into a pen and cut his jugular, it's only natural that's going to cause his death. Seen it happen. Beef. It's what's for dinner. :D

Really? I wonder how many OR voters won't even bother to read what the proposed initiative is actually about?

Roughly the same number who read the last gun control initiative.

Last Edited:
What am I supposed to do with this here BBQ??

I know, char up some prime rib! PXL_20201226_021024409.MP.jpg I'm gonna sit back and gorge myself stupid on red meat, that will show them!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top