JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is my first post here so hopefully I'm doing this right. Not sure if this has already been brought up or not but I thought it would be worth sharing so that efforts could be made to stop this petition the wording comes right out of Oregon Sb978. I'm not very computer literate so forgive me if the link doesn't work or if I posted this incorrectly.

This is only going to keep people from reporting their firearms stolen. Only in Oregon would we come up with a law to punish a victim. Perhaps we should instead hold the criminals accountable?

Aww, come on, Portland, Salem and Eugene rule the political roost in Oregon.

Yes, my point exactly... They ARE setting law for the entire state's population. Portland alone has enough votes to put their agents in gov, then that bunch rules despite popular opposition from the rest of the state!!

Inch by inch our constitutional rights are being chipped away. Someday these people who vote with the majority will look back and wonder how it happened when they realize what Ms. Brown's agenda has provided them.

Definitions from Section 7 on page 4 of the IP:

2(b) could be a problem for gun shops. Most of them have bars on the windows, probably have decent locks and security systems. Why couldn't their building be considered a "container"? For homeowners, why couldn't a closet with a deadbolt lock be considered a "container"? It's probably more secure than a trigger lock.

Does this law affect the type of container acceptable for firearms in your checked luggage at the airport, or do TSA regulations trump Oregon regulations? You are "transferring" the firearm to TSA, and baggage handlers. With all the reports of stolen property from luggage, including guns, they should mandate that the TSA give a receipt to the gun owner indicating make and model for each gun in checked luggage, and require full reimbursement to replace the gun if stolen.

This is only going to keep people from reporting their firearms stolen. Only in Oregon would we come up with a law to punish a victim. Perhaps we should instead hold the criminals accountable?

I don't know. I think I'd just report it immediately, and if the thief harms people with it, say "I complied with your law exactly as required, the gun had a trigger lock - prove that it didn't. YOUR LAW was inadequate and did not protect the public - THE STATE is strictly liable." ;)

Here in Washington Safe Storage is part of 1639. I have a rifle safe with a pistol safe attached to the top of it. I had these long before it became law. If I am home both are unlocked but doors closed. When I go out I spin the Dial locking both. If I come home and my safes are missing I call the Sheriff, make the mandatory report. I also have a Hideaway Lock Box frame mounted under the driver seat of each car or truck. If the theft of a firearm is not reported within 5 days you can be charged with a gross misdemeanor Public endangerment If the thief uses the stolen gun to commit a crime or even just fires it you can be charge with Felony Public endangerment

Oregon is just trying to catch up with the Uber-Liberals in WA.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top