Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon: Hurry free $50 tax credit to donate to a Political Action Commitee

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by RISC, Dec 30, 2011.

1. RISC

RISC Portland New Member

I did a search and didn't find anything on this and the year is just about over.

Oregon has a tax rule where you get a credit (not just a deduction) for up to a $50 donation made to a candidate or PAC, basically free money. In lieu of finding a candidate I like I decided to give to the Oregon Firearms Federation.

The Oregon Firearms Federation has a page where you can donate online with a credit card, be sure to choose PAC in the drop down.

Oregon Firearms Federation

More info from the state:
    Department of Revenue: Personal Income Tax Credits

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the PAC reminder.

3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Why would you want to donate to any PAC to begin with? They are a HUGE part of our political problems. By contributing to a PAC you're helping to buy a government.

4. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Already donated to every cause I care about to the extent it provides my maximum realistic tax benefit. (AKA: Yes, I took advantage of this.)

5. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Neat! Get $50 bucks back from donations to Ron Paul, and donate them again :D

6. DoubleTapDrew

DoubleTapDrew Oregon Well-Known Member

I agree. Unfortunately since the enemies of the 2a are also donating to their groups, we need to do the same for our cause. The OFF does some good things in the state like helping defend the WOU student who was expelled for carrying.