JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I'm looking to get back into big game hunting this year, specifically deer and elk. I used to hunt growing up in Oregon but after a stint in the military down in California, wrapping up college, and moving around a couple of states it's been a couple of years.

Here is my question:

Do I qualify as a "Uniform Services Resident" ?

I am currently in the Oregon National Guard. I know there are different deadlines and prices for service members. When looking through the ODFW website it states:

"Definitions
Uniformed service members
:
Include Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, or their reserve components; the National Guard or Oregon National Guard, commissioned corps of NOAA, and Public Health Service of the US Department of Health and Human Services detailed with the Army or Navy of the United States.

Resident member of the uniformed services:
Are permanently assigned to active duty in this state.
Reside in this state while assigned to duty at any base, station, shore establishment or other facility in this state.
Reside in this state while serving as members of the crew of a ship that has an Oregon port or shore establishment as its home port or permanent station."​

Well, I'm a member of the National Guard (so that checks off the first paragraph), I'm assigned to a duty station here in Oregon, but I'm not full time.

So what category do I fall under? I'm not looking for any special treatment or handouts, just trying to apply for everything the correct way.

Thanks!

Not sure about Oregon as I haven't hunted there in years, but Washington National Guard members get free hunting licenses...

Are permanently assigned to active duty in this state.

This needs further definition. "Active duty" means different things to different people. As you probably know from your military experience, membership in the Guard doesn't necessarily mean active duty in the federal sense. You'll probably need to call the Ore. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife to get the answer to this.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top