JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you hang around the capitol much, as one must do to get a bill introduced and considered, you tend to pick up the capitol insider jargon. It's easy to forget that others haven't done so. And yes, this is an example of why we keep losing. We argue over syntax and nuances, become annoyed with each other, and walk away instead of cooperating to get things done. This thread is a perfect example. We're now spending our energy arguing with each other and being irritated instead of helping Derek get his bill considered and passed.

That said, my wife is a professional child safety technician, and she affirms that drowning is #1, car crashes are #2, and guns #3. It varies a little depending on whose statistics you look at, but guns are NEVER #1 unless you listen to Moms Demand Action or the Brady campaign.

And yes, when the time comes we should all advocate for the bill and the curriculum it specifies.
Ya.... I'm 99.999% sure that they don't use "dropped" like that. Legislation is "introduced". I'm still not entirely sure what the end goal of this legislation is for.

dropped
/dräpt/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:

adjective

1. 1.
    having fallen or been allowed to fall vertically.
    "I have been trying to keep this area free of dropped apples"

2. 2.
    made low or lower than is usual.
    "organza dresses with dropped waists.
  3. 1. verb, slang To end one's friendship with someone. Yeah, I did drop Kelly, but only because our friendship was so toxic. 2. verb, slang To punch someone and cause them to fall down.

4. What does getting dropped mean in school?
    If you see the word "Dropped!" in place of a grade in your Grades list, do not worry. This means that your instructor is dropping one or more grades in that category.

5. What does it mean to drop?
    : to fall (see fall entry 1 sense 1a) unexpectedly or suddenly. The book dropped from her hand. (2) : to descend (see descend sense 1) from one line or level to another. the land drops to sea level.

6. What is a sentence for dropped?
    He dropped the bag and all the apples fell out. He dropped his cigarette and burnt a hole in his jacket. He dropped his spoon with a clatter. She was worried that she'd drop the child.

Come here with some recently changed (By WHO?) word definition and then get all indignant, and take your ball home when you are misunderstood? o_O

Last Edited:
dropped
/dräpt/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:

adjective

1. 1.

2. 2.
  3. 1. verb, slang To end one's friendship with someone. Yeah, I did drop Kelly, but only because our friendship was so toxic. 2. verb, slang To punch someone and cause them to fall down.

If you see the word "Dropped!" in place of a grade in your Grades list, do not worry. This means that your instructor is dropping one or more grades in that category.

: to fall (see fall entry 1 sense 1a) unexpectedly or suddenly. The book dropped from her hand. (2) : to descend (see descend sense 1) from one line or level to another. the land drops to sea level.

He dropped the bag and all the apples fell out. He dropped his cigarette and burnt a hole in his jacket. He dropped his spoon with a clatter. She was worried that she'd drop the child.

Come hear with some recently changed (By WHO?) word definition and then get all indignant, and take your ball home when you are misunderstood? I ain't a smart man but a guy like that must of got beat-up in school a bunch. Or his parents really did convince him to believe was better than everyone else.
Don't forget Hunter Biden's favorite use of the word 'Drop', as in "Drop acid".

dropped
/dräpt/
Learn to pronounce
See definitions in:

adjective

1. 1.

2. 2.

Come hear with some recently changed (By WHO?) word definition and then get all indignant, and take your ball home when you are misunderstood? I ain't a smart man but a guy like that must of got beat-up in school a bunch. Or his parents really did convince him to believe was better than everyone else.
Merriam-Webster

verb
dropped; dropping; drops
intransitive verb

6 informal : to be released to the public

;)

If the OP is so close minded as to ignore people's confusion over the word "dropped" I don't see this bill getting very far. All he had to do is change the word and correct the confusion in one short sentence or something then he can talk about the substantive details. But if he is unwilling to even do that to gain support of a gun group, how the heck is this going to get very far?

@LethalLovebird
FIREARM ACCIDENTS ARE THE 3RD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR CHILDREN IN THE STATE OF OREGON

Is stated on the web site link you posted;

Where did that info come from?
I maintain school related injuries exceed gun related incidents from previous searches. Namely school busses and sports injuries.

I fully support firearms safety training in schools in a factual and non biased fashion. I don't want Lift Every Voice Oregon or Grandmothers Against the Truth anywhere near this. Do it right or not at all.

Oh, the irony….

A1455F32-FFE5-49B0-96A8-3831483C24D1.png

This thread demonstrates exactly why we are screwed every time. Too busy fighting among ourselves and being smartasses to get anything accomplished. Think about it.

This thread demonstrates exactly why we are screwed every time. Too busy fighting among ourselves and being smartasses to get anything accomplished. Think about it.
I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the poor voter turnout against this sort of thing.... But what do I know....

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the poor voter turnout against this sort of thing.... But what do I know....
What do you think leads to poor voter turnout? This very same attitude. Nit picking every candidate's positions and refusing to vote for any of them because none of them are perfect. I'm done. We get shafted every time because we deserve it.

What do you think leads to poor voter turnout? This very same attitude. Nit picking every candidate's positions and refusing to vote for any of them because none of them are perfect. I'm done. We get shafted every time because we deserve it.
I'd be more willing to bet it's laziness, but I don't know, I vote.

I don't know that 100% voter turnout on either side of the isle is a reasonable expectation. The fact of the matter is that we are outnumbered and at a disadvantage from the get go.

That's doesn't mean we can't still push for more, but I kind of resent the general statements that infringments are our own fault and we deserve it. Some of us are actively working toward awareness, fighting the infringments, reguarly contacting our representitive and VOTE!

Productive suggestions, input and activities outside of NWFA (that is basicaly rudderless), as many do, is helpful, but from what I see.... some don't seemingly contribute much toward the cause, but only poke their heads in from time to time just to point out "you're doing it wrong and you deserve what you get".

It seems rather defeatist.

Just sayin....

If the OP is so close minded as to ignore people's confusion over the word "dropped" I don't see this bill getting very far. All he had to do is change the word and correct the confusion in one short sentence or something then he can talk about the substantive details. But if he is unwilling to even do that to gain support of a gun group, how the heck is this going to get very far?
The OP is a working guy who in his spare time created a program to teach kids gun safety with a hands on shooting experience. Something a dad might normally do, but a lot of kids these days don't have an involved dad who knows anything about guns. The OP worked hard for years at his program and turned it into a nonprofit foundation, now sponsored by entities like Cabella's, and he did all this because he felt called to prevent as many gun accidents involving kids as he could. So he comes here for support, says something that if you really work hard at it you can manage to misunderstand, and gets kicked in the teeth for it. Nice going, bubblegums.

I'd be more willing to bet it's laziness, but I don't know, I vote.
I would agree to a point. I feel a lot of people are so distracted by current events and problems the left is continually creating is a problem. They keep you distracted with situations like the ones we are currently experiencing for a reason. Then main stream media pushes their narrative of bad, bad and bad. While pushing the good, good and good that we are trying to accomplish for you and all you have to do is vote our way.

So those that are simple minded people, not in an intellect way but swallow the blue pill and continue the liberal cycle. Which is distract, steal, lie while feeding their rhetoric to the sheeple.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top