JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The now trendy use of the word "Drop"....or "Dropped" regarding new or pending laws, rules, and regulations, is misleading. If I see for instance...."ATF drops rule on...." or some leftie congressperson "drops HB ***" I keep falling into the assumption that, hey, great! another attack on our freedom got canned. But NO! Now "Dropped" means another regulation, law, or restriction just drew breath. If support is needed, perhaps more folks will read it instead of dismissing it if they see a law has been proposed. Not dropped.
1674862137497.png

Also, I might add that my light-hearted jab resulted with an ignore from OP. If that was enough to ruffle feathers, good luck when and if things get heated up.

Last Edited:
I am also wondering if instead of turning such an important function over to government school employees who are known to be anti-2A and anti-gun, to deliver to our children, perhaps it would be more effective to "drop" a proposal to incentivize parents and families to provide firearm safety to our, their, children instead. Schools" track record currently, for not twisting things to support their agenda, is not so good.

Also, I am wondering about the statement that gun accidents are the 3rd leading cause of child deaths in Oregon. Does this include suicides of older teens; teen on teen murder? Where does this stat come from. What are the two other leading causes of child death?

Yes....I live in MT now. I still have vested interest in OR. I am not being randomly critical. I am interested in your input on these thoughts.
That stat originally came from the Oregon Health authority. Falls and OD are the top issues when it comes to child mortality. Obviously it is all age specific and our target demographic is 4-8 years old. Our goal is to establish our program for first graders, build trust with the state and establish data tracking. Then we will go to the 4th, the 7th, and then back into high schools with rifle teams. Covid has lead to an uptick in deaths and definitely lead to an elevated rate of teen suicide. It's not popular I know but without being part of the conversation we will continue to have our rights restricted.

"Authorizes public schools to provide firearm safety and accident prevention class to students in first grade."

Maybe this can replace their demented Critical Race Theory and 85 Genders classes.

@LethalLovebird
FIREARM ACCIDENTS ARE THE 3RD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR CHILDREN IN THE STATE OF OREGON

Is stated on the web site link you posted;
Where did that info come from?
A link would be nice!

Using that BOLD of a statement to me is a ploy if you don't have the actual data to back it up!
Accidental, suicide and others are different parameters!

FIREARM ACCIDENTS ARE THE 3RD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR CHILDREN IN THE STATE OF OREGON
Shouted out as main reader attention grabber on the web site!

Last Edited:
Good luck with that.
I can hear the liberal uproar already lol.

Let's not forget how votes go in our states (OR / Wa)

Basically everybody you know is a conservative. You probably don't know a liberal unless you live in PDX or SEA..

Everybody you work with is conservative

Every county in your state minus one or two is conservative

Everybody you know votes red.

But when it comes down to a state wide vote we lose every time.

Seattle controls my state.

Portland / Eugene / Salem controls your state.

Hoping for votes on principles of moral ground are out the window now. Unless we start playing dirty like the dems then we will always lose. Every time.

A link would be nice!

Using that BOLD of a statement to me is a ploy if you don't have the actual data to back it up!
Accidental, suicide and others are different parameters!

Your shouting was heard but you fffffaileddd... to rrrereeeeead. Keyboard warriors mount up, we have do-gooders to slay!

That stat originally came from the Oregon Health authority. Falls and OD are the top issues when it comes to child mortality. Obviously it is all age specific and our target demographic is 4-8 years old. Our goal is to establish our program for first graders, build trust with the state and establish data tracking. Then we will go to the 4th, the 7th, and then back into high schools with rifle teams. Covid has lead to an uptick in deaths and definitely lead to an elevated rate of teen suicide. It's not popular I know but without being part of the conversation we will continue to have our rights restricted.

Your shouting was heard but you fffffaileddd... to rrrereeeeead.
I read it, but is was just a DROP in the bucket answer to the question that didn't answer the question. The OHA site has no records that I could find to confirm this. I PM'd him first asking for the answers but was not answered. That web site is also silent on this. If you have a statement that bold for all to read and consider. You best have the information that supports it. It is that simple!
And I wasn't shouting, that is how it appears on the web site.

Last Edited:
I read it, but is was just a DROP in the bucket answer to the question that didn't answer the question. The OHA site has no records that I could find to confirm this. I PM'd him first asking for the answers but was not answered. That web site is also silent on this. If you have a statement that bold for all to read and consider. You best have the information that supports it. It is that simple!
I'm also waiting on links with data to prove the statement as well.

3 minutes. Took 3 bubbleguming minutes.

There, now springboard from there. You've seen the door now follow.
Yes I found that.
But please explain to me how gun safety will prevent suicides Dyjital!
The web site states; FIREARM ACCIDENTS ARE THE 3RD LEADING CAUSE OF DEATH FOR CHILDREN IN THE STATE OF OREGON
Suicide is not an accident!

Along with the age group they state they are trying to reach is not the same as that figure was determined by.
They used that info on their web site as a ploy which is WRONG!
Should we educate about gun safety, YES.
All ages should be educated to say the least.
But do it the right way from the beginning, they did not in my opinion.
That is what I have a problem with, just me.
If you don't, well that is you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top