JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wrote legislation for here in Oregon. I was anticipating it would be assigned a LC# (legislative concept.) It was actually dropped in the house and has its first sponsor. I could use help when it is time. Thank you!

I wrote legislation for here in Oregon. I was anticipating it would be assigned a LC# (legislative concept.) It was actually dropped in the house and has its first sponsor. I could use help when it is time. Thank you!

"Dropped" you say....

Last Edited:
What kind of help do you need?
Once we are assigned a committee, which will most likely be the education committee. We will need to engage with the community to get them to email or call their representatives in support for what we are trying to do. I did this in 2019 and I learned alot about how to work the process.

The now trendy use of the word "Drop"....or "Dropped" regarding new or pending laws, rules, and regulations, is misleading. If I see for instance...."ATF drops rule on...." or some leftie congressperson "drops HB ***" I keep falling into the assumption that, hey, great! another attack on our freedom got canned. But NO! Now "Dropped" means another regulation, law, or restriction just drew breath. If support is needed, perhaps more folks will read it instead of dismissing it if they see a law has been proposed. Not dropped.

The now trendy use of the word "Drop"....or "Dropped" regarding new or pending laws, rules, and regulations, is misleading. If I see for instance...."ATF drops rule on...." or some leftie congressperson "drops HB ***" I keep falling into the assumption that, hey, great! another attack on our freedom got canned. But NO! Now "Dropped" means another regulation, law, or restriction just drew breath. If support is needed, perhaps more folks will read it instead of dismissing it if they see a law has been proposed. Not dropped.
I spoke like the people here would be politically savvy about the lingo. That was my mistake. I Will Channel my inner school house rock going forward. Thank you.

I am also wondering if instead of turning such an important function over to government school employees who are known to be anti-2A and anti-gun, to deliver to our children, perhaps it would be more effective to "drop" a proposal to incentivize parents and families to provide firearm safety to our, their, children instead. Schools" track record currently, for not twisting things to support their agenda, is not so good.

Also, I am wondering about the statement that gun accidents are the 3rd leading cause of child deaths in Oregon. Does this include suicides of older teens; teen on teen murder? Where does this stat come from. What are the two other leading causes of child death?

Yes....I live in MT now. I still have vested interest in OR. I am not being randomly critical. I am interested in your input on these thoughts.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top