JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have reservations when any legislation declares an emergency without good reason. These sorts of declarations tend to grant government special extra-legislative powers of one sort or another, so I would have been interested in the OP's explanation. Since he chose not to provide one, I'm inclined to pass on this one.
It makes it instantly authorized once signed. That's the tactic of the left. Use it against them. Cloward-Piven the system. It was intentional.

Don't worry, you haven't supported its process thus far so your money won't be missed.

Serious question:

If you can't stand up to a little grief and (mostly) good natured ribbing from people mostly on your side how will you hold up against those that are stanchly against you?
I wouldn't go to a family reunion to be criticized. One would also think going to a gun form to be ridiculed for a pro-firearm education legislation bill wouldn't be faced with such vitriol.

And wish that, this thread has run its course. It's like crabs in a bucket.

I wouldn't go to a family reunion to be criticized. One would also think going to a gun form to be ridiculed for a pro-firearm education legislation bill wouldn't be faced with such vitriol.
You must have been raised in a significantly more genteel environment than I was ;)

Nice reference though! :s0090:

It makes it instantly authorized once signed. That's the tactic of the left. Use it against them. Cloward-Piven the system. It was intentional.

Don't worry, you haven't supported its process thus far so your money won't be missed.

It's his own fault. The post was unclear. Looking at the quotes post he said it was dropped in the house which I understood to mean it died in committee or was withdrawn. Then the next sentence he said it has a new sponsor which sounded to me like some private company like cabelas or whatever was funding an effort to get it back in the legislative process. That's what I thought he was saying anyway. The other posts are only stars so that's all I can see.

It's his own fault. The post was unclear. Looking at the quotes post he said it was dropped in the house which I understood to mean it died in committee or was withdrawn. Then the next sentence he said it has a new sponsor which sounded to me like some private company like cabelas or whatever was funding an effort to get it back in the legislative process. That's what I thought he was saying anyway. The other posts are only stars so that's all I can see.
Rip and dip.

I appreciate the explanation. Thank you for responding on the OP's behalf. Too bad he couldn't have done it himself.

I put my children through Hunter Safety courses at an early age. So early, in fact, that they were not eligible for getting the certificate! I did that because I felt that they should have an education on firearm safety that was taught by someone outside the family. I believe that although my wife and I had instilled firearm safety in the children from the time they were able to understand, it is always better for this to reinforced by a credentialed outsider.

I feel that even if the child has no interest in firearms, and never develops an interest, it is important for them to know the rules of firearm safety so that if they get in a situation where someone in their vicinity is handling a firearm in an unsafe manner, they will know to get away from the threat and encourage everyone else around to do the same. Also to report the incident to someone with authority, in order to discourage unsafe handling.

I remember that there was an earlier attempt to promote firearms safety in the schools, perhaps by the OP. The actions by the OP in this thread raise my suspicions about the real intent of such legislation. Perhaps it is a Trojan Horse to introduce anti-gun propaganda under the guise of "firearms safety?"
I was court ordered not to teach my kids about guns thanks to my X-POS, I did it anyway.

Last Edited:
If you hang around the capitol much, as one must do to get a bill introduced and considered, you tend to pick up the capitol insider jargon. It's easy to forget that others haven't done so. And yes, this is an example of why we keep losing. We argue over syntax and nuances, become annoyed with each other, and walk away instead of cooperating to get things done. This thread is a perfect example. We're now spending our energy arguing with each other and being irritated instead of helping Derek get his bill considered and passed.

That said, my wife is a professional child safety technician, and she affirms that drowning is #1, car crashes are #2, and guns #3. It varies a little depending on whose statistics you look at, but guns are NEVER #1 unless you listen to Moms Demand Action or the Brady campaign.

And yes, when the time comes we should all advocate for the bill and the curriculum it specifies.

Who's "Derek"? The "*" guy that bailed out and was asking the mods in the help thread to delete his NWFA account?
My guess is Derek is the * guy. The guy that was trying to delete his account is a different one. I think you're thinking of the Jason999.

My guess is Derek is the * guy. The guy that was trying to delete his account is a different one. I think you're thinking of the Jason999.
OHhh... yeah, yeah, yeah! You're right. I'm easily confused... thin-skins all look the same to me. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top