JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I emailed my District Rep, and District Senator about HB 2099/SB 406 (identical bills, allow conceal carry for out of state permit holders).

I received this response:

Dear Mr. Keane,

Thank you for contacting Representative Edwards regarding HB 2099 and SB 406, which provides persons licensed to carry concealed handgun in another state with protections provided to persons with Oregon concealed handgun license. There have been several bills introduced that relate to this issue. HB 2099 and SB 406 have been referred to their respective Judiciary committees, but have not been scheduled for a public hearing. However, HB 2463, which is similar, is scheduled for a public hearing and work session on 3/12 in the House Judiciary Committee.

Representative Edwards appreciates your comments and has expressed support for bills related to the issue of concealed handgun license reciprocity with other states. If you have any other comment or questions please feel free to contact the representative.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Waller
Legislative Staff

David Edwards
State Representative, House Dist. 30
900 Court St. H-384
Salem, Oregon 97301

Session phone: 503.986.1430
Interim phone: 503.880.1872

Proudly serving Greater Hillsboro, North Plains, Roy and Verboort.

In research, I found that this HB 2463 is actually identical to HB 2099, and actually has a bunch of support! Interestingly, a majority of the support that has received is from Dems, which lends me to believe this one could pass.

Interestingly, if this bill passes into law, all OR CCW holders will receive recognition from many other states!

Public hearing is tomorrow, so we should keep an eye on it.

Currently Oregon does not recognize any other states' permits,even though Oregon CCWs are already recognized in 10 states,plus Alaska and Vermont,which do not require permits.This bill will allow all other states' permits to be honored in Oregon.It's up to the other 38 states as to whether or not they will honor Oregons permit in return...

Hopefully a lot of other states will reciprocate...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top