JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chris Dudly is an unknown.

Anybody else is not electable.

I voted for Chris.

I made up my mind after one of the recent presidential elections that I will no longer vote for somebody because others may not have a chance of being elected. I feel that is the reason we are so entrenched in our two party system.

If anything, a third party vote is a vote of strong discontent, because believe it or not, people KNOW this and see it in the final numbers. These votes turned from discontent to believable ideas, ones that were past due. Especially now, with third party candidates holding more ground than ever, people understand that these votes are indeed worth very much. I feel that the Republican party has learned this hard fact over the past few years. It really has diminished their power base significantly. Democrats as well, but the Republican party has seen more transformations occurring within their party because of internal discontent turning into external opportunity (Tea Party).

I am still thinking about it, but the fact that Chris hasn't done anything to make his views on the subject known really puts me off.
I am currently undecided.

i recently heard of spot on the radio.. some gun org, maybe even the NRA? endorsing dudly as pro-gun. i'm totally out of the loop, having not voted in almost a decade.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. Kitzhaber is a known entity when it comes not only to the second amendment, but also other important issues as well. Chris Dudley is an unknown, as he has no voting record to examine. We are forced to examine him and see if we trust him as a person well enough to trust him as governor. Based on his actions so far, I am inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I made up my mind after one of the recent presidential elections that I will no longer vote for somebody because others may not have a chance of being elected. I feel that is the reason we are so entrenched in our two party system.

Good for you, I can't stand the people that complain about how much each party sucks but still vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Why don't people just read the voter pamphlet and vote for the person that most closely matches their views? It literally takes 20 minutes of your time.

we are locked into the two-party system because we allowed them too much power. they're in to stay, and we're bubblegumed till something drastic happens (and probably bubblegumed even worse once it does). i have no delusions of having my voice matter. they'll give us the illusion of choice by shifting from the "left" to the "right" and back again every few elections- but it's nothing more than two faces of the same beast.

Dudley didn't fill out the questionnaire he was sent twice by OFF. Some have said he is pro gun because of what he has said at rallies. I don't know what he is in regards to guns. Fact is you never know what politicians will do, case in point Obama. Everybody thought he was gonna ban tons of guns but has that happened? Not yet. Still might, and FWIW I am completely anti-Obama, but the point is you never know what a politician will do. You gotta decide just how comfortable you are with the unknown (I.e. Dudley) and vote accordingly.

A quick scan of google told me that the NRA favors dudley, but 50 million dead babies tell me I made a mistake voting for him. But I didn't know he was pro murder.
I understand that being pro choice is a huge matter of contention for us conservatives.
But at the moment, it is imperative that the economic slide we have been on for 16+ years is brought to a halt. If we can rebuild the job situation in Oregon we'll have a little political capital to use for social issues like curbing abortion.

I don't see anything Kitzhaber has done (or said) that indicates he is capable of doing anything better than he did with his last chance.

Once more I am forced to vote against someone, by casting my vote for Dudley. He is not my first choice, but he is my 2nd. Knowing the voter base in the most populous counties in Oregon, I/we have been left no choice if we don't want another 4 years of John K.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top