JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, there are limits to other rights. You cannot yell fire in a crowded theater. You cant joke about bombs in the line at the airport.

This is simply untrue. You very well have a right to say these things. You however must understand that with your rights comes responsibility (such as our right to bear arms, comes with responsibility, so does the rest of your rights).

You have a responsibility to deal with the consequences of doing/saying these things.. Don't for a second mistake that for a "limit" on any of your rights.

This is simply untrue. You very well have a right to say these things. You however must understand that with your rights comes responsibility (such as our right to bear arms, comes with responsibility, so does the rest of your rights).

You have a responsibility to deal with the consequences of doing/saying these things.. Don't for a second mistake that for a "limit" on any of your rights.

Better said then I. :s0155:

People who really believe that government over regulation isn't hurting businesses like mine should try running a business, not a paper pushing business but one where your hands actually get dirty.

It's bad enough knowing the rotten jerks have the power to run roughshod over small businesses but to hear the lefties among us telling us we aren't over regulated is just too much. Just go on! Just go ahead and pay $50 for an American made product that shouldn't cost more than $20!

OK. Every cent I have earned for the last 25 years has come from my very small landscaping business, so I definitely get my hands dirty. I feel exactly as you do about over regulation and the squeeze of small business (the WORST predators being the insurance industry and banks). What I do not get is why conservatives seem to be unable to distinguish between small business and corporate power - what FDR called the 'economic royalty'. Think of government as a suit of armor that corporate power has taken ahold of. It's wielding a mailed fist against workers and small business. People who get smashed upside the head see the 'Government' iron suit, and not the traitors who are operating the clanking armor of government for their corporate interests. We need to get control of the government and use it to level the playing field.

OK. Every cent I have earned for the last 25 years has come from my very small landscaping business, so I definitely get my hands dirty. I feel exactly as you do about over regulation and the squeeze of small business (the WORST predators being the insurance industry and banks). What I do not get is why conservatives seem to be unable to distinguish between small business and corporate power - what FDR called the 'economic royalty'. Think of government as a suit of armor that corporate power has taken ahold of. It's wielding a mailed fist against workers and small business. People who get smashed upside the head see the 'Government' iron suit, and not the traitors who are operating the clanking armor of government for their corporate interests. We need to get control of the government and use it to level the playing field.

Unfortunately it won't happen because people are too busy allowing themselves to be divided into Republican or Democrat when the fact is they are both equally responsible, we need to divide ourselves into "US" against Republicans and Democrats before there will be any hope of change.

To think that these Republicans that are now parading themselves as reborn Constitutionalists are the answer to the Obama problem is laughable, the best I can hope for is them slowing down the decline of America through gridlock.

I voted for Libertarians this term.. Mostly. Only democrat I voted for was also CON, and I did vote for a few republicans in treasury positions.

But majority is LBT, I can't vote for republican or democrat on anything major anymore.

Unfortunately it won't happen because people are too busy allowing themselves to be divided into Republican or Democrat when the fact is they are both equally responsible, we need to divide ourselves into "US" against Republicans and Democrats before there will be any hope of change.

To think that these Republicans that are now parading themselves as reborn Constitutionalists are the answer to the Obama problem is laughable, the best I can hope for is them slowing down the decline of America through gridlock.

Yeppers.

Vote libertarian. What we are seeing is Rebubs trying to to act or talk like libertarians. Ron Pual went further last time than A lot of people would have guessed.

We should bring the money down on the people who represent us to working class wage, a vote of the people (you know their boss) to raise their wage.

I believe all reps starting wage should be that of the mean average of their constituents. I.E. a mayor would make the mean average of the city they work for, a Senator the mean average of the state. If the people vote and give a raise then vote them out next time,the new incoming rep would start again at the base mean average.
lets bring in people who want to work for the people, not to get rich or richer. All to often what we get are those looking for a power and money fix.

Some believe the playing field can be "leveled" by the gov't.
There are others that believe the field isn't "level" because of the gov't.

I believe the field can and will be "leveled" by the consumer, if the gov't will allow it.

The gov't can't level the playing field if it is too busy trying to level the outcome of the game.
Some will fail and some will win, that includes large corps and banks. Does that mean equal opportunity for the consumer/worker/employer?
Yes.
Does that mean equal outcome for any or all, like many in government are trying to do?
NO!
Because it shouldn't. Government's role is to, on a limited basis, insure no one monopolizes a given industry, especially banking. Everything I have seen recently says otherwise.
That is social and economic engineering, and I will always be opposed to it.
That is why The Constitution says repeatedly what the government CAN'T do. That is why I will NEVER understand a person that says they believe in the constitution and then turns around and asked for greater government intrusion and intervention, by who they vote for!

You have the power to fire politicians with your vote.
As demonstrated recently.
You have the power to fire corporations and banks with your dollars.
But only if the government LETS you!

So don't complain when the politicians YOU voted for work to keep bad politicos in office, and prop up banks and corporations that need to go away!
"Too big to fail" is an oxymoron.
Too big to be efficient enough to make a profit is more like it.

MikeE, can't argue with most of what you said EXCEPT for what you left out... you have the likes of George Soros that is just shy of OVERTLY flooding his own money into influencing things with a view to bringing down our country. I have been doing a lot of googling on him and have seen him ON VIDEO (more or less) saying the U.S. is the obstacle to a New World Order, that the flaw in "the system" is that only Americans get to vote on who goes to congress, and that America sets the agenda for the entire world, and more foreign influence needs to be exerted... blah blah blah.

Soros is the world's 35th richest man (I believe)... a corporation unto himself. THAT'S where you should be focusing your "corporate attention"... ATM.

I'm officially "No Party Affiliation" on my voter registration... now maybe all that junk mail will stop. :D

Last Edited:
Yeah CEO pay is off the charts, but since government spending is in such HUGE deficits trying to provide cradle to grave "entitlements" for EVERYONE, and with the Fed printing money from thin air at crazy-insane rates (like the recent QE2) the dollar is about 30% less valuable than it was just 7 years ago, so it all evens out because they only have the spending power a CEO in say.... 1972 would have had! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top