JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good for you, I can't stand the people that complain about how much each party sucks but still vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Why don't people just read the voter pamphlet and vote for the person that most closely matches their views? It literally takes 20 minutes of your time.

+1 Voted for Greg Kord tonight.

I must point out that it was a Democratic governor and legislature that signed Oregons concealed-handgun permit system into law in 1989.

Just sayin'................

Democrats have used this to make money for government. When I was 21 it cost $10 for a CCW, look what it cost today and who makes money off of it. To their point of view it wasn't about our rights but their ability to tax.

jj

Democrats have used this to make money for government. When I was 21 it cost $10 for a CCW, look what it cost today and who makes money off of it. To their point of view it wasn't about our rights but their ability to tax.

jj

Now its $40 for 4 years. Where does that extra $7.50 a year go? Do YOU know?

Your sum total damage that the Democrats have done to 2A here in Oregon is $7.50/year... and here I was told it was the Sheriff that sets the fee.

Let me also guess... cars also cost 1/4 what they do now when you were 21. Is that a Democrat conspiracy too?

the onetheissues.org suggests that Kitzhaber doesn't have any recorded stance on the 2nd Amendment. Is there any factual info to support the notion that he is "solidly anti-2A" ?

Kitzhaber supported and endorsed the closing of the Oregon gunshow loophole so yes he is anti-gun.

There was a solid Democtatic majority in both houses during Kitzhabers first two terms. If he and the Dems were truly "anti-gun" then why was no anti-gun legislation passed during that time?

See above

Anyone with a liberal progressive education is going after your guns.

jj

With the utmost friendly respect Just Jim, there are a LOT of people who fit that category who own guns, have a CCL, FULLY support 2A rights & who'd be glad to have you as a friend and neighbor. I wouldn't dispute that there are many liberals/progressives that are anti-2A rights-- not for a second. But at least amongst my generation (I'm 41) and younger, I know a whole lot of lefties that don't vote 'party line' and would go to the wire to fight for the rights of all of us to keep and bear arms.

Just my :s0159: :s0155:

Now its $40 for 4 years. Where does that extra $7.50 a year go? Do YOU know?

Your sum total damage that the Democrats have done to 2A here in Oregon is $7.50/year... and here I was told it was the Sheriff that sets the fee.

Let me also guess... cars also cost 1/4 what they do now when you were 21. Is that a Democrat conspiracy too?

Higher cost was a graduated inflation done by government. Most government has been controled by democrats for decades so yes it's the democrats fault we have high prices..

You left out the fees for training to get the permit and the fees for the FBI check along with the fees for the gun buying background check. Why should you keep haveing to pay to renew the permit, did you change over four years and they didn't know it? No, it's to get more money.

I am the same person with no criminal background and have had a permit since I was 21. I am now 58. Why do I have to pay money all my life to exercise my god given right? It isn't like a drivers lic where the money has to go for roads. There is no reason other than government theft for us to have to pay for a lifetime to carry a gun.

jj

There is no reason other than government theft for us to have to pay for a lifetime to carry a gun.

jj

That alone is enough for me.

The only exception being time I spend, not money, going out of my way to share my view and make our rights known. (Volunteering, etc.)

Voting just isn't enough, neither is throwing money at a cause.

I don't think there's ever been a piece of legislation introduced to either floor of the Oregon legislature that would take away your guns.

There has been. Ginny Burdick has introduced her rehashed/more strict version of the AWB every year she's been in office. Luckily she's so insane it doesn't go anywhere.
<broken link removed>

Her antics aren't confined to Oregon either, she spends time in Washington State as well trying to tighten up their gun laws To fight gun crime in Oregon, Ginny Burdick heads to Washington - BlueOregon

I've lived here all my life and have seen what Kitzhaber means. I'm going to give Dudley a chance.

Higher cost was a graduated inflation done by government. Most government has been controled by democrats for decades so yes it's the democrats fault we have high prices..

You left out the fees for training to get the permit and the fees for the FBI check along with the fees for the gun buying background check. Why should you keep haveing to pay to renew the permit, did you change over four years and they didn't know it? No, it's to get more money.

I am the same person with no criminal background and have had a permit since I was 21. I am now 58. Why do I have to pay money all my life to exercise my god given right? It isn't like a drivers lic where the money has to go for roads. There is no reason other than government theft for us to have to pay for a lifetime to carry a gun.

jj

You pointed out that $10 was better 37 years ago than $40 now. I disagree. Its actually less considering inflation.

If you think that inflation is only an effect of Democrat governments and not Republicans, we are going to have to agree to disagree. The facts are not with you.

You mentioned that you know where the money goes. I'm interested in the facts. Do you know them... in which case you can link us to this info, or is this something you just assume? In which case you are just spouting partisan internet drivel.

With the utmost friendly respect Just Jim, there are a LOT of people who fit that category who own guns, have a CCL, FULLY support 2A rights & who'd be glad to have you as a friend and neighbor. I wouldn't dispute that there are many liberals/progressives that are anti-2A rights-- not for a second. But at least amongst my generation (I'm 41) and younger, I know a whole lot of lefties that don't vote 'party line' and would go to the wire to fight for the rights of all of us to keep and bear arms.

Just my :s0159: :s0155:

Thank you for that. I live in one of the most liberal areas of one of the most liberal cities in America, and not one of my friends or neighbors has implied I shouldnt have the wonderful collection I have of "assault" weapons, handloading equipment, handguns, hunting firearms and other stuff.

I have neighbor thats a self-important d-bag, and I actually assume he would have a problem with my hobby. I sort of take pride in that.

That alone is enough for me.

The only exception being time I spend, not money, going out of my way to share my view and make our rights known. (Volunteering, etc.)

Voting just isn't enough, neither is throwing money at a cause.

We will always have to work for our liberties. If you think for a second that others will do work (ie the Sheriff) for free in a resources constrained environment, you are kidding yourself.

You either want to give him more money via taxes, pay for his time individually to OK your CHL (the status quo), or allow anyone who walks in his office to have a CHL.

Any other hope is naive.

We will always have to work for our liberties. If you think for a second that others will do work (ie the Sheriff) for free in a resources constrained environment, you are kidding yourself.

You either want to give him more money via taxes, pay for his time individually to OK your CHL (the status quo), or allow anyone who walks in his office to have a CHL.

Any other hope is naive.

How about constitutional carry?
Is that naive enough for you?

They don't need money for that.
They use the money for other things, or just bloated, unnecessary bureaucracy.

How about constitutional carry?
Is that naive enough for you?

They don't need money for that.
They use the money for other things, or just bloated, unnecessary bureaucracy.

Exactly! how about if people had to pay for the right to exercise free speech? How about if Black people had to pay for the right to be free citizens? We once had poll taxes and they were declared unconstitutional.

Gun owners are currently suffering from persecution under the same fashion as they used Jim Crow laws against constitutionally freed slaves .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top