JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand that being pro choice is a huge matter of contention for us conservatives.
But at the moment, it is imperative that the economic slide we have been on for 16+ years is brought to a halt. If we can rebuild the job situation in Oregon we'll have a little political capital to use for social issues like curbing abortion.

I don't see anything Kitzhaber has done (or said) that indicates he is capable of doing anything better than he did with his last chance.

Once more I am forced to vote against someone, by casting my vote for Dudley. He is not my first choice, but he is my 2nd. Knowing the voter base in the most populous counties in Oregon, I/we have been left no choice if we don't want another 4 years of John K.

I wish I could vote for "None of the Above".

A person has recieved a good education if they have learned to not vote for gun grabbing democrats :s0112::s0112: If there is such a democrat :s0112::s0112:

jj

Right, I get it. It's them durn interlect-chulls again. They're all book-learned democrats who hate freedom, guns, baby jeebus and want to take it all away from real 'mericans.

Across the board calls like that are total bull. Those who continue to think and talk only in black and white are a danger to the intellectual freedom and vigor of our country and unwitting partners in a fantastic race to the bottom.

A quick trip to NRA.org shows Dudley rated by the NRA as "AQ". "AQ=A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the candidate's responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and who does not have a voting record on Second Amendment issues."

<broken link removed>

Dudley gets my vote.

Right, I get it. It's them durn interlect-chulls again. They're all book-learned democrats who hate freedom, guns, baby jeebus and want to take it all away from real 'mericans.

Across the board calls like that are total bull. Those who continue to think and talk only in black and white are a danger to the intellectual freedom and vigor of our country and unwitting partners in a fantastic race to the bottom.

I don't agree with gross stereotypes. That being said, most stereotypes are based in at least some truth. The fact of the matter is that there are some democrats who have very good pro-2nd amendment voting records (Harry Reid for one). But the majority of them consistently vote to limit our freedoms in this arena. While I don't agree with JustJim pigeon-holing all democrats in this group, you can certainly understand the sentiment and frustration.

I never understood it though. The more education I got, the more conservative/libertarian I got. And with seven years in college courses of one sort or another, you can imagine how far right I am. Damn educated conservatives. Can't be bullied with liberal scare tactics...

A quick trip to NRA.org shows Dudley rated by the NRA as "AQ". "AQ=A pro-gun candidate whose rating is based solely on the candidate's responses to the NRA-PVF Candidate Questionnaire and who does not have a voting record on Second Amendment issues."

<broken link removed>

Dudley gets my vote.

Be cautious trusting the NRA for their grading system. They often endorse anti-gun politicians.

Good for you, I can't stand the people that complain about how much each party sucks but still vote for the "lesser of two evils".

Why don't people just read the voter pamphlet and vote for the person that most closely matches their views? It literally takes 20 minutes of your time.

I did this and it still turned out to be the lesser of to evils, I read the pamphlet, scrubbed the web, checked non partisan sights, etc and still came up with Dudley. Kitzhaber is a known...

It's well known that Kitzhaber is anti-gun anti 2A. So if you vote?? and are a American gun owner, the choice should be pretty easy. :confused:

I recall Kitzhaber getting a "B-" grade from the NRA 12 years ago when he was up for reelection during his first stint as governor.

Not perfect by any means, but not "anti-gun" either.

There was a solid Democtatic majority in both houses during Kitzhabers first two terms. If he and the Dems were truly "anti-gun" then why was no anti-gun legislation passed during that time?

the onetheissues.org suggests that Kitzhaber doesn't have any recorded stance on the 2nd Amendment. Is there any factual info to support the notion that he is "solidly anti-2A" ?

:confused:

up with factual data!

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Be happy to...but you're not going to like it.

For starters, here in Oregon, they endorsed Kurt Schrader instead of Scott Bruun. Scott answered OFF's survey 100% and Schrader is anti gun.
Oregon Firearms Federation

Gun owners must consider more than NRA grades
<broken link removed>

The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority
The NRA is Helping Preserve the Anti Gun Democrat Majority | RedState

David Codrea raises very valid questions about the NRA support for a politician with a vicious gun grabbing history.

Does Dan Lungren really deserve an NRA endorsement?
<broken link removed>

And of course let's not forget anti-gun Harry Reid. The NRA was about to endorse him but ALL the other gun organizations in America (except those affiliated with the NRA) started blasting them...so they backed off with no official endorsement but they did give Reid some money and they promised not to endorse his constitutional opponent: Tea Party candidate and pro gun, Sharron Angle.
<broken link removed>

The list of NRA sellouts is virtually endless, but these sellouts are most recent (most Americans only remember 3 months back...if that). Remember when the NRA gave gun-hating Gordo a B- ?
Senator Smith on the Lars Larson Show 7/14/04 explains why he supports the Clinton gun ban. It's the polls stupid!
http://oregonfirearms.org/audio/71404gordon smith on awb.mp3

Although not related to bad candidate endorsements, the NRA sellout continues...and don't forget to listen to Pepe LePew's bumbling contradictions on Lars' show.
Oregon Firearms Federation

That should do it. Let me know if you need more.

NY

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads