JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought tires about 3-4 years ago and I was given DOT cards to fill out for each tire ("in case of recall"). I balked at that, and maybe many others did, because the next time I bought tires, they were filling out the cards for me. I had to ask about the cards because they did not mention them.

RFID chip in tire + info on the car and the owner + chip readers along the highways....

So, how do they tax vehicles that travel through Oregon that are from out of State!! No chip to read! Does that mean the gasoline service companies will have to develop and replace pumps that add the tax when they do not detect a chip? What about this......

We go back to riding horses!! :s0155:

Border checkpoints, complete with ATMs. Cali already checks for fruit when entering, why can't Oregon check registrations and ask for a road tax? Welcome to Oregon - gimme some money. Just swipe your VISA and be on your way. Electric cars pay double.

All kidding aside, it makes more sense than inventing a new GPS thingy debacle that is sure to fail.

Our percentage of taxes paid in Oregon should be based on what our elected officials pay. Let's say 30% for us and 70% for the politicians.
Care to guess how fast the tax rate would drop and how more efficient the government would operate.

Here is a novel idea, why don't politicians (if they think they are so smart) get into governing within their means ie: get the spending to a level where they don't have to borrow $$$$ and raising the taxes on their constituents to the point of said constituents revolting and dragging them forcibly from their offices and hung by the short hairs!!!
Now that ladies and gentlemen would settle the populations disdain of their corrupt undoing (cause it ain't making any friends the way they are doing their jobs)!!!!

I think they use like 50% of gas taxes in Oregon for bike/pedestrian bridges/paths etc. and close/modify roads for same. Come on, it's a gas /roads use tax.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top