JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How are you folks dealing with this? Progressive Insurance floated that boat, but no way do I want the government knowing where I'm driving, how far, and simply were I am. If you want to tax, put up a toll booth, but that's not what they really want.

Freedom?

How are you folks dealing with this? Progressive Insurance floated that boat, but no way do I want the government knowing where I'm driving, how far, and simply were I am. If you want to tax, put up a toll booth, but that's not what they really want.

Freedom?

Pisses me off too. They have been wanting to do this for a long time. People exploded at having chips stuck into them, so they go for the cars now. The left wing btards cannot stand for anyone to not be controlled, monitored and leashed. I think I will say take your GPS and stuff it 12 feet up their anal orifice. This goes so far beyond the pasting of the star of David onto the Jews it is actually an act of war of repression on the citizens.
This HAS to come to a stop ! I think its time to return our government back to one hour after the signing of the US Constitution and starting over again with a citizen GUARD monitoring and leashing (literally) the government 24-7. Give them their own medicine 10 fold.
Damn that felt good.:angry:

Greedy bashtards. Of the 6 cars and 2 motorcycles at my house, only 1 has a computer. How would they know that I didn't leave my mandated GPS on the kitchen table? Read my odometer? What if that is broken? What about miles traveled out of state? Not sure how they could do this short of rfid chips in license plates and scanners in every road/street.

While I agree with the sentiment that the government shouldn't track us, we're still left with the underlying problem. Roads are paid for with gas taxes and electric cars don't buy gas. It is a miniscule problem now, but it probably will be a real problem in 10 years. Sure there are other methods like killing the gas tax and jacking up license fees, but those are blunt.

On a lighter note, I've always wanted to get one of those Progressive tracker modules and then go to a track day and rip around at full throttle for a day. Freak ‘em out.

Some smart guy proposed a "pay at the pump auto insurance" program.
Let's say it cost you a nickle a gallon for basic state wide liability insurance.
That way, every everyone who drives is contributing to a no fault insurance program. The more you drive, the more you contribute to the general fund.
Even illegal drivers have to fill their tanks and pay into the fund. Of course the insurance company's shot it down.

Some smart guy proposed a "pay at the pump auto insurance" program.
Let's say it cost you a nickle a gallon for basic state wide liability insurance.
That way, every everyone who drives is contributing to a no fault insurance program. The more you drive, the more you contribute to the general fund.
Even illegal drivers have to fill their tanks and pay into the fund. Of course the insurance company's shot it down.

And everyone will carry a siphon hose, only it'll be like the lottery to actually find a vehicle with gas in it to siphon...

The obvious reason is not for taxes, but another way for the government to control, regulate, dictate, and invade our privacy. Everyone with a cellphone already has a GPS. Apple has customers who willingly record their thumb print. They place RFID chips in everything from clothes to the tires on your cars.

I thing I'll sit down and watch The Patriot again and watch Mel wack a few "Red"-coats.

Time to wake up America out of your slumber before the Gestapo knocks on your door.

USN ~ Retired
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and danced the skies on laugther silvered wings...

While I agree with the sentiment that the government shouldn’t track us, we’re still left with the underlying problem. Roads are paid for with gas taxes and electric cars don’t buy gas. It is a miniscule problem now, but it probably will be a real problem in 10 years. Sure there are other methods like killing the gas tax and jacking up license fees, but those are blunt...

Easy solution: Tax the electric car owners. Ta da, problem solved. Instead we subsidize them to "save the planet". Trying to fudge the numbers has bitten them in the butt and now they want us to pay for it. Way to go libs, another failed social engineering scheme.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top