Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Governor Kitzhaber Resigns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by captqc, Feb 13, 2015.

1. captqc

captqc Tigard Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Now that Kitzhaber has announced his resignation what will having Kate Brown as Governor do to our gun rights??? I've heard that she is very anti guns.

Benny503, 44mag2ndamend and RicInOR like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Just wondering if he has dodged the proverbial bullet by stepping down. I hope they fry all those involved! !!
    I'm sure that his replacement will be no better but far worse on the GC movement.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    3MTA3, orygun, U201491 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

I don't expect to see her in a bathing suit with an AR anytime soon.
    Nor would I want to.
    I'm also curious if any sort of investigation would continue with him stepping down. I would rather have him in office with his bubblegum on fire(figuratively) and anyone else who was complicit next to him, than have him out fishing in the clear planning his next comeback.

tiggers97 likes this.
  4. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Southern Cascades Well-Known Member

2 Democrat Governor Browns on the West Coast:eek:

3MTA3 and BoonDocks36 like this.
  5. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Non Partisan report from Vote Smart . org on Kate Brown
    Political Courage Test
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/political-courage-test/2990/kate-brown/#.VN5kzfnF9SI

She did not answer questions on the Firearms positions.

Other organizations - do note the dates:

Guns
    2012 National Rifle Association - Candidate Positions on Gun Rights 0%
    2000 National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund - Lifetime Score F
    2000 Oregon Gun Owners - Positions on Gun Rights F
    1999 Ceasefire Oregon - Positions 100%

6. Chalupacabra

Chalupacabra Portland Active Member

7. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Sent a letter to my Reps today against the fuel carbon tax thing citing Hayes's involvement.
    Would recommend everyone send letters TODAY against WHATEVER, particularly upcoming gun bills citing lack of trust in the new unelected Governor and those surrounding her who were conspicuously silent about Kitzhaber's legal issues until after the election! Almost like a planned thing.

This is all we can do for now until the next Election when we have another chance to get in a PRO-GUN GOVERNOR!
    And remember she has some small legal issues herself and she doesn't get to serve out Kitzhaber's full 4 years so this might be a good thing if we can paralyze them with ethics questions in all our correspondence.

tiggers97 and 3MTA3 like this.
  8. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

Good riddance to another politician who is/was obsessed with power and control. I hope that the criminal investigation continues and any violations of the law are prosecuted and not swept under the rug.

orygun likes this.
  9. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Kitslobber has done what is best for Kitslobber. Alway has, alway will.

I hope the FBI starts it's investigation and should there be crime, he pays some time. yeah, I'm dreaming and check out my pet unicorn, i know....
    :s0055:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    3MTA3 and orygun like this.
  10. BrentN

BrentN Kelso Active Member

Not enough Oregonians worry bout ethics. The reason this all comes to light now, post election, was to keep Richardson out of the mansion. This way, agendas move forward.

fathalpert, 3MTA3, orygun and 2 others like this.
  11. ARKLITE881South

ARKLITE881South USA Well-Known Member

My opinion, i think they should hold another election for the X governors seat. The reason, there is a lot of back ground that has come to light sine the last election about the X governor. The state of Oregon was deceived in my opinion, thus, leading to his reelection and a 4th term. After he was elected, the oregonian came out with their story about him which put him in a questionable situations. It ended up snow balling out of control, leading to his resignation. GOOD RIDDANCE!

John Gault, 3MTA3 and orygun like this.
  12. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Deceived! that was the word I was looking for. The Leadership in Salem DECIEVED and lied to Oregon and can't be trusted on guns or anything else! This is way beyond guilt by association. They promoted a crook to secure power!
    Those words should be in the MANY letters I am hoping we write against them and their anti-gun Bills as well as any other things they try.

This is our chance and the window of opportunity is closing fast!

3MTA3 and orygun like this.
  13. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I'm just here to congratulate Oregonians for having the first openly bisexual governor, now. You guys get all the big headlines.

Stomper and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  14. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

I didn't vote for Kitzy...Oregon sure picked a winner.......Nice job

15. glock20

glock20 Eugene, OR Member

I seriously doubt Kate Brown is going to be much different than Kitzhaber in supporting the Second Amendment. The Governors administration as a whole was toxic.

What we can do however is to write, e-mail or call our County Commissioners and State Representatives and inform them in no uncertain terms it is not their job to interpret the Second Amendment, they are sworn to uphold it. It's really that simple.

Every single letter, e-mail or phone call makes a difference. TELL THEM OREGON HAS A LOT BIGGER ISSUES AT HAND

3MTA3, PiratePast40 and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  16. captqc

It should be noted that Portland elected Kitzhaber, just like the last race when Chris Dudley lost the race due to Portland. Nows a really good time to give Portland to Washington!:) Free, no really it's yours no charge!!!

Martini_Up, 3MTA3, BAMCIS and 4 others like this.
  17. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Bite your tounge!!!!!!:mad:
    They made their bed now let em sleep in it!!!!:eek:

We got enough of them Kalifornicatin Yippies up here ruining our way of life!!!!!!!

18. captqc

What's a million more! :confused:All totally free!!!!!:eek::)

19. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

"Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss"

20. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Not likely. In this new upside down, day is night, black is white world of politics, where the most controversial are celebrated like hero's, they'll more likely write a book, make a movie, make millions... then, when the dust settles a little, make a run for the presidency.

Next we'll hear that the girlfriend is actually the new step-in Governor's lover! I'm telling ya, you just can't make this stuff up :rolleyes:.

To those who elect these types into public offices, WAKE THE HELL UP WILL YOU PLEASE!

Fast Eddie, 3MTA3, Stomper and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.