JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
assuming arms means arms as a whole is just that, an assumption. And one that is convenient for us. Assuming arms means at least some kind of weapon is a convenient assumption for others. The fact that it is such a problem for our country to interpret this should be proof that it is not very well written.

assuming arms means arms as a whole is just that, an assumption. And one that is convenient for us. Assuming arms means at least some kind of weapon is a convenient assumption for others. The fact that it is such a problem for our country to interpret this should be proof that it is not very well written.
Wrong. The fact is that lawyers have been twisting and changing definitions and using "appeal to authority"/"for the Greater good" fallacies to get people to go along with them.

The fact is that up until 1934, an American could own any weapon he/she wanted if they could afford it.

because up until 1934, that's how it was interpreted. If lawyers have since had the ability to get judges to go along with their twistings, as they have been able to in many states, then the 2A must not be clear enough to overcome partisanship.

In the immortal words of Clintons lawyer...
it depends on what the meaning of the word "is"; is.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

No doubt a lot of this has to do with the twisting of SCOTUS and Judges and so forth roles into defining and assigning new meanings to plain English language. :rolleyes:

No doubt also; it has as much to do with the perception of the Federal government as sovereign over citizens/states.

It was also during the 1920s-1930s that the federal Govt greatly expanded.

Good to see new faces in the forum taking notice to Oregon. Tell your friends to write and counter vote these and to better select our legislature to help prevent this.

IMO Union County Commissioner's statement was kinda weak. I thought the people passed a countywide measure. I hope theirs is not how it was implemented.

It basically says they "affirm and support" both the 2A and Section 27... seems kinda weak.

IMO Union County Commissioner's statement was kinda weak. I thought the people passed a countywide measure. I hope theirs is not how it was implemented.

It basically says they "affirm and support" both the 2A and Section 27... seems kinda weak.
Read the one from Polk Co. I like it, no BS.

Last go around, believe 11 counties in Oregon passed 2nd Amendment Sanctuary ordinances out of 36 Counties :rolleyes:

Those are rookie numbers! Come on Oregon we need that number up.

On a side note I was a little disappointed with how low ours passed with but... Given it was this close to Portland I guess I shouldn't have been surprised.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top