JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

From the article:
“I believe that as people become more aware of the physical, emotional, environmental, and economic costs, it will become increasingly clear that illegal fireworks in the hands of amateurs are no longer a 'patriotic' act,” Janssens wrote.

Rant:
i really want to get the fireworks ban lifted in oregon... nobody follows the law anyway and life has some inherent risk. People get DUI's and crash their cars but alcohol and cars are perfectly legal.

petitions, letters to senators etc...? ideas? are there really that many people that support the fireworks ban? and, how can they take the law seriously when looking at the skyline blooming with thousands of "illegal" mortars lighting up the night?

We set off hundreds of fireworks at Port Orchard, WA and watched thousands more being set off by other people. It was great.

People that are anti-fireworks on the 4th of July are either un-patriotic, or have no sense about what the fireworks really mean.

Sure the colors are pretty but the rockets red glare is a reminder.

Stupid nanny state rules should be overturned.

We set off hundreds of fireworks at Port Orchard, WA and watched thousands more being set off by other people. It was great.

People that are anti-fireworks on the 4th of July are either un-patriotic, or have no sense about what the fireworks really mean.

Sure the colors are pretty but the rockets red glare is a reminder.

Stupid nanny state rules should be overturned.

Yes and no. I believe the original intent was fire danger. Also, I believe that Washington does have a better selection of fireworks, such as ones that emit sparks higher than 4', but not all of the fireworks lighting up the nights sky are actually legal in Washington, such as the ones purchased on reservations. I don't live in Washington, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Absolutely agree, lift all the Oregon fireworks restrictions.

It does strike me as odd that Washington not only shares a border, but also a similar climate. It seems like the fire danger would be the same. That said, Washington allows marijuana and gay marriage, so where's your "state rights" rant?

I do not believe that the ban should be lifted unless there is mandatory jail time for those that cause damage / light fires due to thier careless use of the fireworks. If this was implemented I would support you. Frankly getting tired of reading about all the fires that destroys homes and property in the news on July 5th. Another question - if this is about the 4th of July why am I still hearing them in the evening as of yesterday the 9th of July.

James Ruby

Oregon fireworks are pathetic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNwcam4z5fnn5lmT4AomViOG_je_hy5j9Jo0CmZPF_bPRE_y2LJw.jpg

If it's a fire issue, the entire state of Washington should be a smouldering pile of ashes right now.

It does strike me as odd that Washington not only shares a border, but also a similar climate. It seems like the fire danger would be the same. That said, Washington allows marijuana and gay marriage, so where's your "state rights" rant?

I don't know that I've ever given a "state rights" rant....

My thoughts exactly. The only thing I can think of is:

Because Oregon is one step closer to calli.

I don't know that I've ever given a "state rights" rant....

Sorry, I wasn't directly referring to you as the one giving a rant, but in general. As gun owners, I would say that the majority on here agree with state rights, i.e. you don't live in California.

Been to the coast for the first time for 4th of July and NOBODY follows the rules. I think we were the only people lighting the crap you buy at stores. Next year I know where I'll be buying fireworks...

Been to the coast for the first time for 4th of July and NOBODY follows the rules. I think we were the only people lighting the crap you buy at stores. Next year I know where I'll be buying fireworks...

It's been about 15 years or so, but when I was camping at a lake one year, I don't remember where, the State/Sheriff was sitting there watching everybody light off the illegal fireworks. They only seemed to be concerned with safety.

this is a perfect case-study of mindset failure just like the gun-grabbers' push for a firearms ban. the ban only stops the few law abiding citizens but does nothing to curb illegal fireworks. apparently this year police and fire "cracked down"... meanwhile mortars were being shot off on every block in portland metro long into the night. the oregon ban does not stop anyone.

and yes, oregon and washington do share a similar climate. so, why isn't washington suffering from the firestorm caused by these horrible destructive devices???

I live just across a channel from a reservation. I am still hearing the sound of freedom at night. Doesn't bother me too much as long as they knock it off before midnight. Navy was pretty loud this week with night ops as well but that doesn 't bother me much either. it too is the sound of freedom. Fireworks laws, gun laws, etc. it is all about a minority wanting to control the masses. I wonder how many fires are gonna be started by kids trying to recreate the cell provider commercial where all the bikes have sparklers on them? I knew a guy once with a fist full of sparklers and he was handing out lit ones with his other hand....well a little girl set the bundle in his hand off.....nasty, nasty burns and he was off flight status for weeks and weeks.:angry:
Good judgement, failure to exercise. His idiocy finally caught up with him when he used a "training flight" to go visit his mistress. Called his butt back on active duty and they court martialed him. He was the worst skipper I ever had.

Brutus Out

They aren't "illegal" fireworks please be more politically correct, they are "undocumented" fireworks. A little bit of political correctness goes a long ways....

I agree, but definitely wish people would limit their use to the 4th only.
We have a giant alaskan malamute that wouldn't eat or crap for 3 days because of all the continuous concussions of fireworks. Totally terrified and she is inside with us.
Ever have a 180# canine jump ten feet and land in your lap.
Don't........:mad:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top