JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The owner of Tigard Pawn emailed today and asked me to spread the word about this, as Oregon no longer provides updated address stickers.

The ATF REQUIRES that all gun transfers (for purchases or trades) be accompanied by CURRENT AND VALID PICTURE ID, typically your driver license. Without the previously provided update address sticker, your driver license or state issued ID is only partly good (for the picture part) and will now have to be accompanied by a letter FROM A GOVERNMENT ENTITY with your current address for verification of address.

The owner of Tigard Pawn emailed today and asked me to spread the word about this, as Oregon no longer provides updated address stickers.
Pretty sure a current concealed permit works too. I always have to use mine due to the fact that your address generally wears off from the sticker in less than a month...

My drivers license doesn't have a sticker on it, they just ask if this is my current address and I say yes I've lived there 20 years. If they ask for more ID I could show them my CC and voters registration cards I guess or if at a gun show I'm selling at, my class 06 FFL. All have the same address on them. So will all this work or did something change?

I believe this is related to the state not providing updated address stickers to those that changed addresses. These stickers are then applied to their licenses. It sounds like the state is no longer supplying address stickers as part of the spin up to the new "real ID" compatible system. If you have not moved or are not moving before the new driver licenses are being used, then this won't impact you. If you are moving or will be moving, you will need a letter from a government entity with your new address on it.

At least that's my understanding of the situation.

Tigard pawn is awesome!
As far as the ID goes, passport cards are available that will fit in your wallet. TSA's global entry or Pre Chek card will work too. Right now though there's a 6 month to 1 year wait for the Global Entry and Pre Chek cards. Still well worth it though. The passport cards are much quicker. My Oregon DL won't expire for a while so i use one of the other cards for the important stuff in life.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top