JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was just wondering everyones thoughts on this weekends Portland Expo's Gun show.
I want to go but I dont want to wait on crazy lines, and with the the curret state of events I think its going to be a mad dash to grab everthing in sight. Not to mention I cant go until sunday so I know all the good stuff and deals will be pretty much picked clean.
So who is going and what are your thoughts?

Ive been hearing the gun shows lately have been a no go. If you have nothing to do im sure its more fun sitting on the couch. Im looking for a sig 716 and rfb and im sure they will not have them there so im staying home.

i'm done with that show. i was going off and on for years, went to the last show and decided that's it.

crowded

too many candy/off-topic/made-in-china vendors

prices are high

tired of realizing at any given time 4 guns are aimed in my direction that while yes they're not loaded and the action is zip tied, there are so many yahoos there who knows for sure.

Canby is the last of the local shows i try to attend. that and the collector show near the airport, but i always seem to miss that one...

i'm done with that show. i was going off and on for years, went to the last show and decided that's it.

crowded

prices are high

tired of realizing at any given time 4 guns are aimed in my direction that while yes they're not loaded and the action is zip tied, there are so many yahoos there who knows for sure.

Canby is the last of the local shows i try to attend. that and the collector show near the airport, but i always seem to miss that one...
Its a different group putting this one on isn't it, not CollectorsWest?

crowded

prices are high

Different Promoters, no fudge, Beany Baby's or macramé allowed!
I'm probably going.

TV ad I saw on Wednesday said this is the Rose City gunshow, not Collector's West.

At the CW shows, I've come to find the same ol' stuff everyone mentions above (and in every other thread about gunshows these days).

A very well armed buddy of mine in the know says he prefers the Rose City show but didn't elaborate. Guess I'll have to go see what's different. It's like a car crash - I can't look away!

I hear it's in the old building. I like the Rose City shows. It seems the Collectors West has the same over priced stuff. I look up the price on my cell and if the item is a couple dollars more, I buy it for instant gratification. Most of what I want is much cheaper to buy over the net and I don't have to burn fuel or pay to get into a show.
I'm with the guy above, "It's like a car crash - I can't look away!"
I'm going.

I do need some Dillon Stuff but since the election I've been hit up by non shooters asking lots of questions about what to get, where to get it, and how much. Thinking this show may be overrun by Noobs and high prices. Dealers should have a profitable weekend and I don't blame them. Besides I have (military) family in town. Gonna take them to the range and make their day!

I have talked with a few vendors in recent days and found most said the same thing, They raise their price for the Portland Shows and can give a better price at the smaller shows because they have to pay more for a table (in portland), But a few also said they make more Money at the Portland shows by about double. Considering the Parking Fee and Door Fee, I will be going, But will Carpool and Bring my Bi-mart card and get a discount on the door price. Just to see all the overpriced stuff and get a good laugh.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top