Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Expo Gun Show GO or No Go

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by omenwolf, Nov 15, 2012.

1. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

I was just wondering everyones thoughts on this weekends Portland Expo's Gun show.
    I want to go but I dont want to wait on crazy lines, and with the the curret state of events I think its going to be a mad dash to grab everthing in sight. Not to mention I cant go until sunday so I know all the good stuff and deals will be pretty much picked clean.
    So who is going and what are your thoughts?

2. jmurray192

jmurray192 wilsonville oregon Active Member

Ive been hearing the gun shows lately have been a no go. If you have nothing to do im sure its more fun sitting on the couch. Im looking for a sig 716 and rfb and im sure they will not have them there so im staying home.

3. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

I quit going to the expo gun show some time ago. With entrance fee and parking I can get the same parts I need online for cheaper.

safetyman and (deleted member) like this.
  4. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I plan on going Saturday to check out the Mauser 98's and check if they have any 338-378 ammo for less then retail. It should be a hoot anyway.

5. just dan

just dan PDX Active Member

i'm done with that show. i was going off and on for years, went to the last show and decided that's it.

crowded

too many candy/off-topic/made-in-china vendors

prices are high

tired of realizing at any given time 4 guns are aimed in my direction that while yes they're not loaded and the action is zip tied, there are so many yahoos there who knows for sure.

Canby is the last of the local shows i try to attend. that and the collector show near the airport, but i always seem to miss that one...

6. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

Its a different group putting this one on isn't it, not CollectorsWest?

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Different Promoters, no fudge, Beany Baby's or macramé allowed!
    I'm probably going.

8. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

I'm only going to the WA gun shows, I usually take 1-2 guns to trade/sell and being WA resident they get agitated when your not from south of the river.

9. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Yes, it is being promoted as allowing only gun and knife related merchandise. I will be giving it one last try.

Keith

10. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I rarely go to gun show, only reason I go there is to try handing the guns, not buy.

11. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

I just want to point out that some really good deals can be had in the last couple hours of the last day, as long as there are things left, that is.

12. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

TV ad I saw on Wednesday said this is the Rose City gunshow, not Collector's West.

At the CW shows, I've come to find the same ol' stuff everyone mentions above (and in every other thread about gunshows these days).

A very well armed buddy of mine in the know says he prefers the Rose City show but didn't elaborate. Guess I'll have to go see what's different. It's like a car crash - I can't look away!

13. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

It's looking to be a good one. I know a lot of dealers that will be there. And, if you're looking for Dillon supplies they will once again be there at this show.

14. sig

sig Vancouver, WA Member

I hear it's in the old building. I like the Rose City shows. It seems the Collectors West has the same over priced stuff. I look up the price on my cell and if the item is a couple dollars more, I buy it for instant gratification. Most of what I want is much cheaper to buy over the net and I don't have to burn fuel or pay to get into a show.
    I'm with the guy above, "It's like a car crash - I can't look away!"
    I'm going.

15. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

I do need some Dillon Stuff but since the election I've been hit up by non shooters asking lots of questions about what to get, where to get it, and how much. Thinking this show may be overrun by Noobs and high prices. Dealers should have a profitable weekend and I don't blame them. Besides I have (military) family in town. Gonna take them to the range and make their day!

16. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

They did the Albany show a couple of weeks ago. No crap what so ever!

17. FireArm

FireArm Beavercreek 97004 Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

18. 22many

22many PNW Well-Known Member

You need to reread the laws.

19. FireArm

FireArm Beavercreek 97004 Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I have talked with a few vendors in recent days and found most said the same thing, They raise their price for the Portland Shows and can give a better price at the smaller shows because they have to pay more for a table (in portland), But a few also said they make more Money at the Portland shows by about double. Considering the Parking Fee and Door Fee, I will be going, But will Carpool and Bring my Bi-mart card and get a discount on the door price. Just to see all the overpriced stuff and get a good laugh.

20. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

My takeaway from this thread? I need to meander on over to the Canby show one of these days..