Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Employment Department

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lazyeye, Dec 22, 2008.

1. lazyeye

lazyeye Corvallis, OR Member

The Oregon Employment Department in all its infinite wisdom after jerking me around for over a month has denied my claim to unemployment insurance.
    -I was laid off, not fired, and they are denying it on the grounds that I was fired.
    -I've been calling their hotline twice and hour every day for the past 3 weeks and getting nothing but a busy signal

What am I supposed to do now?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Keep demanding unemployment along with backpay

3. Kritastrophe

Kritastrophe Forest Grove/Corvallis, Oregon New Member

threaten to take it to court, only if you have proof of a layoff. if you don't have proof though there is absolutely nothing you can do, except get another job.

4. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I've had some time off and i too am doing battle with them. they are trying to refuse payment because I am in an elelcrical apprenticeship. they are trying to tell me that my apprenticeship is keeping me from working full time. totally wrong since I go to school at night and I typically work full time or more. And in the past I never had trouble because of my apprenticeship. its just some new thing they pulled out of their.....

5. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

You guys should know better by now. You're all legal citizens, that's why you don't qualify for any state assistance.

6. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

They are very aggresive because they are running out of money. Everyone that isn't union and backing the democrats is being hounded by the employment office. This is just the begining of the depression, hang in there.

jj

7. lazyeye

Yeah. I think I might have to go to Salem to actually talk to anyone about this.

8. Rapid1

Rapid1 Eugene Member

it is your former employer who provides this information to the employment division. I believe the employment division has a process by which you dispute it but you should start with your former employer if you haven't already. if you were laid off, there may just be some error or omission of information between them and the employment division.

it has been a while since I was involved with this kind of stuff, and as an employer, but mistakes sometimes get made and are much easier to rectify at the private level than the state level...good luck to you

9. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

I agree. I remember my boss having to fill out something for them for a former employee who was filing.

10. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

Yo lazyeye,

I've heard that the best way to communicate with them is 'on line'.

The KATU News, On Your Side, did an investigation and that was their conclusion, due to the high demand.

Also, what Radid1 said. I'd call my previous employer and HR person for a copy of their report to the OED. Your 'real' problem may be with them.

Frog.

11. lazyeye

Good ideas y'all. I have some hope now. Thanks.
    Since I'll be away with family, merry xmas and all.