JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My wife's drivers license expires next month. She received a notice that she must apply for the renewal in person at a DMV office. All offices are closed due to COV19. I expect that they will remain closed past her due date. I can find nothing on the DMV website that addresses this. Does anyone know more about this?

I would be just like the State to let licenses expire and not allow a grace period. :rolleyes:

This issue brings up an interesting possibility. I wonder if an expired driver license might invalidate a concealed handgun license holder's legal authority to carry concealed? I seem to remember last time my CHL was renewed the Deputy told me I must present it along with my valid Driver License or State Issued ID Card when asked. Just curious if anyone out there knows for certain?

I just did a quick and dirty Google-Fu, YUP, All DMV offices are close, and there is absolutely no info from them, D.O.T. or Gov'ness Brownstains office on How to go about getting business done, or any info on grace periods or what LEO are doing for plates, licences and such!
Basically an inept .gov system that doesn't know what to do with it self, so it does nothing!
The say they offer on-line servises, but all STATE offices are closed, so.............Yea, ......................frickin great!

Has anyone else run into the problem of moving and then trying to use your license to transfer/buy a gun.? DMV used to put a strip that had your new address on the back of your current card. Evidently they are no longer doing that. So now, you cannot purchase anything without having a current address on your license and they won't put your new address on your current license. You must take in a billing with your new address but CANNOT use a PGE bill because they are private and not a state entity. What a f***up!

But I can go to my local Sheriff's department and get my carry license re-done with my new address.......

I just did a quick and dirty Google-Fu, YUP, All DMV offices are close, and there is absolutely no info from them, D.O.T. or Gov'ness Brownstains office on How to go about getting business done, or any info on grace periods or what LEO are doing for plates, licences and such!
Basically an inept .gov system that doesn't know what to do with it self, so it does nothing!
The say they offer on-line servises, but all STATE offices are closed, so.............Yea, ......................frickin great!
Not going to worry about it. They'll get it figured out in the end. They're not open can't do anything about it.

My wife's drivers license expires next month. She received a notice that she must apply for the renewal in person at a DMV office. All offices are closed due to COV19. I expect that they will remain closed past her due date. I can find nothing on the DMV website that addresses this. Does anyone know more about this?

I would be just like the State to let licenses expire and not allow a grace period. :rolleyes:

Same problem here and was just wondering about that.

I wonder what they are going to do about Tags/Plates expired? :s0092:
My apartment complex in Beaverton has many expired out of state license plates, a couple with temp dealer tags and no license plates at all, one expired almost two years ago yet this person still drives this car. I don't think many people will notice. Haha. :s0092:

This is for WA state:

Similar stuff for Oregon, including extension of running studded snow tires for an extra month.

Would have to google up Oregon DMV, but no time ATM.

Similar stuff for Oregon, including extension of running studded snow tires for an extra month.

Would have to google up Oregon DMV, but no time ATM.

Not like a lot of people are driving around a lot anyway.

I remember when a lot of people got laid off during other crises - e.g., 2008 recession, dot com crunch combined with 9/11. A noticeable reduction in traffic IIRC. Not as much as now though.

I think Idahoo has given a 90day grace period

I wonder what they are going to do about Tags/Plates expired? :s0092:
I'm hoping they say to make your own with Sharpies and Crayolas. They won't be able to tell the difference.

1586052418619.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top