JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For the last week I have been soaking up the sun and drinking expensive wine in the Napa valley. We usually take the Goldwing but motorcycles and wine tasting don't work well together if ya know what I mean. Anyway, yesterday we returned home which is normally a 10.5 to 11 hour drive depending on how often the wife has to tinkle.......... We get to Springfield and traffic can't do the speed limit, really? When ya get an extra lane and the traffic speeds up the speed limit drops! Then in order to avoid downtown Portland on I-5 we take 205... Not even a mile onto 205 it turns into a fricken parking lot! It takes me 2 hours to go 16 miles and another 45 minutes to get back on I-5 in WA (another 16 miles)...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?o_O
Then there are my fellow motorcycle enthusiasts... I had no idea that white-lining and shoulder driving was legal in OR. I've been riding over 40 years and have had a couple close calls but this is insane! One erratic lane change that happens every 30 seconds and you are street pizza! If there is an accident, where does the broken glass end up? Yup on the shoulder which is pretty tough to avoid if you're doing 60 mph and the regular lanes are at a standstill. The world needs organ donors so for you folks who are dumb enough to believe that it'll never happen to you, the least you can do is become an organ donor! It's only a matter of when, not if!
I could go on for another hour but it's difficult to not see "bubblegum" while ranting! Next time I won't leave Napa until after noon so I won't get to Portland till 9
End of Rant

Can't comment on white lineing and riding the shoulder, but will tell you that google maps is great for reporting delays and recommending alternative routes. Used it yesterday going from Colorado Springs to the Denver airport and it does a fantastic job of getting you around slowdowns.

Before we get into the argument about distractions, use your head when using any device such as the radio, media player, GPS, speedometer, dash gauges, or drink holder in or on the vehicle. And please people, learn how to use the voice actuated features on your devices if you'll be using them while driving. It infuriates me to see people dialing, texting, or uploading to snapchat while driving.

Last Edited:
I travel most of the country and can unequivocally state that when traveling I5, Oregon and Washington have the worst traffic and most left lane sitters of any state. And if you travel Portland roads much you are SCREWED because there will NEVER be another road built. Ride your tricycle, walk, or do like most criminals and use the bus or light rail.

Waze.

If you have a co-pilot. I've used that many times to avoid gridlock.

Yep even if I know where I am going I have Waze on. Tells me almost every cop I am about to pass ahead of time as well as objects in the road ahead or cars stopped on the side etc...

It has saved me countless times from staying on a road that is going to be slowed by some idiot a few miles ahead.

I find that most traffic problems on North bound I-5 & I-205 are from all the Washingtonians hauling all their tax free purchases back home from Costco and Home Depot.

If I can help it, I only travel through Portland early in the morning. Real early. Try going to the coast on 26 when it is going to be real hot. Manning can look like a parking lot.

Interesting how many Oregon Drivers are actually transplants from CA. And don't get me started on the bizarre habit people in Washington have of trying to merge with their frecking brake pedal. Only to slow the bus or truck down to 45 mph while they then speed off at 65 leaving the truck to drag its butt back up to speed.

Little old Asian ladies from Washington state are the worst 45mph left lane sitters, EVER! :D
Portland area has a newly named neighborhood.. called Jade. It's around Division and 82nd or so. Like the Bermuda freaking triangle and you guessed it.. ever single time.. a clueless Asian trying to kill us all! unbelievable

45 mins from Washougal, WA to Tualatin, Or, every morning. Reasonable. BUT... 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to get home each evening. 2 to 2 1/2 hrs on Thurs & Fri afternoons!

My resume is available for any job out in the country side! If I could make a living out there, I'd move in a heartbeat!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top