JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He was going to get caught in a lie/bluff in front of the judge in open court. People laughed at him publicly when he said a permit process will be in place by dec 8. I hope this a$$ wipe gets exposed publicly for the jerk he is by the Bruen Lawyers in the Eyre case.

...not to mention... the AG couldn't actually be bothered to show up for oral arguments before a Federal judge on one of the most restrictive and important gun measures across the entire US. Send your assistant... that'll do!

Meh.....
Good point. I hope the judge takes all this stuff into account and not let her personal bias (assumed, based on her questions) Sway her.

Last Edited:
"Why pass a gun law aimed at reducing suicide in a state that endorses and promotes assisted suicide? Also, in 2022 there 803 opioid overdoses that resulted in deaths, and 172 deaths by guns. We allow and promote the use of opioids in this state, in fact we celebrate it, and it results in over 4 times the number of deaths by guns, which we are not allowed to buy."

Would love to see the judge toss it all as unconstitutional. Adding the presentation of the BM was in direct violation of established Oregon Election Laws. One topic per ballot measure…. SOS screwed the pooch multiple times on this one…
Nobody (to my knowledge) has made that a part of their lawsuit so the judge is not going to weigh in on that aspect. Plus, I think that would have to be addressed in State Court, not Federal Court.

It's not a strong argument anyway. All three parts of this measure were lumped under the single banner of "gun violence" which is how it passed the multiple topic smell test.

-E-

"Why pass a gun law aimed at reducing suicide in a state that endorses and promotes assisted suicide? Also, in 2022 there 803 opioid overdoses that resulted in deaths, and 172 deaths by guns. We allow and promote the use of opioids in this state, in fact we celebrate it, and it results in over 4 times the number of deaths by guns, which we are not allowed to buy."
Same reason liberals are anti death penalty (killing the guilty) while being pro abortion (killing the innocent).

The Secretary of State works for the executive branch and made the decision to implement on Dec 8th. The AG is a part of the judiciary and is asking the federal court to delay based on inability to perform as directed, not constitutionality.

So is the state judiciary branch is asking a federal judge to override the state executive branches orders?
I believe this is a misconception. The Attorney General is the chief executive of the Department of Justice. The Department of Justice is part of the executive branch. They do not run the courts. They are essentially the state government's prosecutors.

The courts (judiciary) fall under the Judicial Branch, a separate branch of government, whose boss is the Chief Justice.

I could not find a state gov't org chart anywhere but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

I've already decided I'm not going to stick around. The nutbags and control freaks can have this state. I'm going to spend the next 5 to 6 months at most saving up to get my CDL, then I'm going to look for jobs in Idaho and then move. I probably won't have any money, but at least I'll have something to work with. F- this state.
Idaho is next though, with all the migration from here and Cali into Idaho, it's only a matter of time....

So if we can buy guns until Feb (provided the judge allows) that means you can only buy guns with their standard cap mags until the 8th of Dec.
So a day after that they just gonna take the mags that came with the SKU and give you 10rnders?

But whose to say OSP doesn't just pull the brakes and only pass maybe 10 a day from each line? Not to mention most FFLs are near dry on stock.
If OSP must now complete checks this means they can take as long as they like.

Hmmm
You can buy a lot of guns on gun broker or arms list and have them shipped to your FFL

Ya know... even if the judge accepts the states proposal, if she doesn't injunction the mag ban, many folks that purchased firearms with standard mags are still going to be SOL. Sure.. they can complete their BGC's, they can pick up their firearms, but what about them mags that come with it?

FFL's will have to withhold them.

I know some where smart enough to claim the mags at the time of purchase, but for those that didn't... I would imagine there are going to be some very unhappy campers the state would mandate your personal property withheld without due compensation.

Send silent vibes the judges way, today! "injunction.... injunction..."

The worst possible outcome would be to have the judge approve the extension and only allow the mag ban portion of the injunction AND have the plaintiffs combine complaints as she requested. That would essentially throw out all permit objections and complaints.

There was a reason that Marshall jumped at the chance to combine all the complaints. If there were any agreements amongst the plaintiffs Sunday, I suspect they have all been reconsidered and new strategies developed.

Ya know... even if the judge accepts the states proposal, if she doesn't injunction the mag ban, many folks that purchased firearms with standard mags are still going to be SOL. Sure.. they can complete their BGC's, they can pick up their firearms, but what about them mags that come with it?

FFL's will have to withhold them.

I know some where smart enough to claim the mags at the time of purchase, but for those that didn't... I would imagine there are going to be some very unhappy campers the state would mandate your personal property withheld without due compensation.

Send silent vibes the judges way, today! "injunction.... injunction..."
Most dealers that I know of started allowing the "3-day rule". So most guns have already been released with the standard cap magazines.

Actually, that's a good question. Kate Brown has never been shy about using the executive order pen with anything else. Why is she MIA on this one?

-E-
Because like MOST wannabe tyrants, she's a contemptible coward. She snaked her way into the governor's seat when Kitzhaber and his hoe-bag girlfriend got spotlighted with their hand in the till, and has no problem letting minions take the arrows.

Most dealers that I know of started allowing the "3-day rule". So most guns have already been released with the standard cap magazines.
Yeah... I'm just thinking that somewhere in those 35k... there's gotta be a few folks that got caught in limbo from FFL's that refused to abide by the law and crap on the 2A.

Too harsh?? 🤣

Ehh, I don't think it's that. It's some dealers dont/didn't want to take the liability.
Even after spending tens of thousands on firearms at my FFL, they still wouldn't release a firearm to me normally. They spoke to their attorneys when this crap came up and they changed their minds.

What I'm wondering is long term, if 114 is struck down, what the FFLs that are now following the 3 day rule, will do.
On top of that I don't think there's ever been a mass of FFLs like what we are seeing in Oregon, follow the 3 day rule. What impacts will that have across the country.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top