JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ehh, I don't think it's that. It's some dealers dont/didn't want to take the liability.
Even after spending tens of thousands on firearms at my FFL, they still wouldn't release a firearm to me normally. They spoke to their attorneys when this crap came up and they changed their minds.

What I'm wondering is long term, if 114 is struck down, what the FFLs that are now following the 3 day rule, will do.
On top of that I don't think there's ever been a mass of FFLs like what we are seeing in Oregon, follow the 3 day rule. What impacts will that have across the country.
suprisingly many FFLs dont even know the law for 3 day rule. And this whole "liability" bullbubblegum is crap as its by law .... you're not liable for bubblegum if the govt who is supposed to do the background check in a timely manner fails. That is their failure. FFLs aren't the govt and they are not doing the BGC. Their job is to sell a firearm. A right delayed is a right denied. If the govt fails to do its job, that's on them....

If a 3 day release was important to you, why did you choose to buy at a box store that has never done a 3 day release?
I was foolish and thought the OSP would process quicker. The sales lady informed that they would refund the bucks if the brc did not clear by the 8th. My overall fault. i'd be glad to loose the bucks than get wrapped up in the 114 process and the consequences.

Ehh, I don't think it's that. It's some dealers dont/didn't want to take the liability.
Even after spending tens of thousands on firearms at my FFL, they still wouldn't release a firearm to me normally. They spoke to their attorneys when this crap came up and they changed their minds.

What I'm wondering is long term, if 114 is struck down, what the FFLs that are now following the 3 day rule, will do.
On top of that I don't think there's ever been a mass of FFLs like what we are seeing in Oregon, follow the 3 day rule. What impacts will that have across the country.
Most will go back to not releasing after three days to reduce liability risk. Most don't understand why the started releasing after 3 days. It is a balance of risk and the need to make money.

Anybody can sue anyone for anything. However, release a gun after three days to a prohibited person that kills someone with it has greater risk than doing the same with a proceed from the state. Even Stevie Wonder can see that. Almost all gun owners avoid risk and is the reason there is a huge compliance with universal back ground checks.

suprisingly many FFLs dont even know the law for 3 day rule. And this whole "liability" bullbubblegum is crap as its by law .... you're not liable for bubblegum if the govt who is supposed to do the background check in a timely manner fails. That is their failure. FFLs aren't the govt and they are not doing the BGC. Their job is to sell a firearm. A right delayed is a right denied. If the govt fails to do its job, that's on them....
If that is the truth then why in most major shootings is the gun store that sold the firearm included in the lawsuit? There is no law that protects gun stores from civil suits. If there is, please reference it.

Because like MOST wannabe tyrants, she's a contemptible coward. She snaked her way into the governor's seat when Kitzhaber and his hoe-bag girlfriend got spotlighted with their hand in the till, and has no problem letting minions take the arrows.
Lol....."hoe". The great thing about December is that I can yell "Hoe, hoe, hoe!!" at work and the girls just think I'm just being all Christmassy.

-E-

My ffl/gunsmith is doing the 3 day thing for Chl holders and customers he knows. But don't get on ffls that don't want to take the risk. Not from atf but from a lawsuit brought on by circumstances beyond their control. They may win but is the profit margin from the sale of a gun worth the thousands of dollars the ffl would have to pony up for an attorney? Even if the case is dismissed you're still putting out more for the attorney than the few hundred in profit you would have made.

I'm sure they will revert back. It's not that it's illegal or that an FFL would actually be found liable, it's just the threat of scrutiny from the alphabets, potential costs to fight a wrongful suit, and IMHO, a large part of it is a moral issue that compels them to wait. They don't want the burden of feeling personally responsible for allowing a prohibited person to procure a firearm on their watch.

I fully understand that, as I think most every firearm owner does. I think that's why it's not something that's been largely challenged. We get it! We don't want that either! Having to wait a bit longer, while not a legal requirement, I for one am fine with it... under "normal" circumstances.

The current, and temporary, situation is anything but that. The rights of all trump the moral issue for me and feel a short term concession to stick to the law is demanded.

I was foolish and thought the OSP would process quicker. The sales lady informed that they would refund the bucks if the brc did not clear by the 8th. My overall fault. i'd be glad to loose the bucks than get wrapped up in the 114 process and the consequences.
There will either be a delay or an injunction. Either way, you'll be OK.

I hope the judge doesnt grant the extension. Gives better president for a lawsuit to overturn all of 114.

Also have a big problem with selective enforcement of the law. Make it the law or dont

I hope the judge doesnt grant the extension. Gives better president for a lawsuit to overturn all of 114.

Also have a big problem with selective enforcement of the law. Make it the law or dont
You say this in nice way. There is a Good old slogan I believe it's $hit or get off the pot that's what they need to do lol

I'm sure they will revert back. It's not that it's illegal or that an FFL would actually be found liable, it's just the threat of scrutiny from the alphabets, potential costs to fight a wrongful suit, and IMHO, a large part of it is a moral issue that compels them to wait. They don't want the burden of feeling personally responsible for allowing a prohibited person to procure a firearm on their watch.

I fully understand that, as I think most every firearm owner does. I think that's why it's not something that's been largely challenged. We get it! We don't want that either! Having to wait a bit longer, while not a legal requirement, I for one am fine with it... under "normal" circumstances.

The current, and temporary, situation is anything but that. The rights of all trump the moral issue for me and feel a short term concession to stick to the law is demanded.
Yep couldn't agree more. I had a few delays this year and I didn't get bent out of shape over it. I went down to OSP HQ nicely and talked with them got it cleared up. I never once got mad at my FFLs for not giving my guns to me. Now it's getting pretty niddy gritty and we all need to stand together and tell the state to shove it. If we can't buy guns the gun stores won't be around better take care of the customers that took care of you.

There will either be a delay or an injunction. Either way, you'll be OK.
A lot of people won't. There will be a high percentage of people who apply for the BGC and wait 30 days, get kicked out for being over 30 days, resubmit, wait 30 days, etc. When the queue reaches a critical mass it will end up with people in a viscous cycle of being kicked out over and over because OSP cannot possibly get to them in under 30 days. I hope FFLs continue to do 3 day releases all the way up to the "implementation" of 114.

If they delay people being able to buy firearms because the permit was not in place it gives leverage in the lawsuit. "A right delayed is a right denied". the permit is put off until February it gives more potential backbone to keep measure 114 around longer because in "did not inhibit peoples rights."

In my mind we would see a ruling faster because people are being denied their rights.

If they delay people being able to buy firearms because the permit was not in place it gives leverage in the lawsuit. "A right delayed is a right denied". the permit is put off until February it gives more potential backbone to keep measure 114 around longer because in "did not inhibit peoples rights."

In my mind we would see a ruling faster because people are being denied their rights.
You are correct as most will have standing.

It is Oregon so wrong is right and right is wrong.

In the meantime most FFL's will close.

Just wait until the legislature bans online sales. Where will you be able to purchase ammunition in the state?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top