JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can a vancouver wa resident get a conceled carry in oregon if they work primarily in oregon? what counties participate if any? does having a washington cpl help? im sure this question has come up a million times, im new . thanks

Yes, I washington Resident can get an Oregon CPL. They recommend you go through the county you work, travel, or transport valuables in. You will need to attend a concelaed weapons training class, which is not required for a CPL in Washington. I took the class at Fisherman's for $35 and I applied for my CPL in Multnomah County. I hope this helps.

I work with a Washington resident who tried to get his Oregon CHL recently. He works in Oregon, so he wanted the right to carry concealed in Oregon. He applied, but was denied. A non-resident, I believe, can get an OR CHL if they're from a state that borders OR but you have to provide something like "compelling evidence of a legitimate need" to carry in OR, and in this guy's case, working here wasn't enough.

I stated that I traveled through Oregon regularly and that I wanted to have the means to defend myself and family if the need were to arise. I will be granted a permit once the background check passes. I was told that working in Oregon, frequent travel through Oregon, and transporting valuables in Oregon, can be valid reasons to acquire a permit. Just wanting an Oregon permit to want an Oregon permit is not a valid reason. If you work in Oregon and have no issues with the law then you will probably be just fine.

not to hijack the thread but what about people like me who have their oregon CHL and want to get the washington state one as well, what do we need to do>

I am an OR resident and I got my WA state CPL. Just filled out the paperwork, went to the sheriff's office and go fingerprinted, and paid the fee. No class requirement. Had my WA CPL in a few weeks.

I work with a Washington resident who tried to get his Oregon CHL recently. He works in Oregon, so he wanted the right to carry concealed in Oregon. He applied, but was denied. A non-resident, I believe, can get an OR CHL if they're from a state that borders OR but you have to provide something like "compelling evidence of a legitimate need" to carry in OR, and in this guy's case, working here wasn't enough.

Who did he apply to?

I live in WA and work in downtown Portland. I took Fisherman's class for the $35 and applied in Multnomah County (because that's where my work is).

I did have to write a formal letter with a 'compelling reason' why I should be granted my CHL, but I explained I have family I visit in Oregon, and work 40+ hours a week in Mult. County. I also stated that I had my WA CWP for almost a year (I'm only 21) and no problems came to me from that.

I got my permit with no problem, from Mult. County, as a 21 year-old kid. I don't know if many other people get tossed around, but it was a pretty painless process for me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top