Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oregon Court of Appeals rejects university system's ban on guns on campus

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Nutty4Guns, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How about M.H.C.C. ??

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

4. glock.40

glock.40 Orygun Active Member

Love it. I'll be carrying tomorrow at WOU.

5. Senator

Senator Oregon New Member

Community Colleges will be included as well. Many, if not all, have their own policies prohibiting weapons on campus. These policies will have to be changed to reflect the Oregon Court of Appeals' decision.

6. travis

travis willamette valley, OR New Member

Fantastic!!!...not that it stopped people anyway...wonder what the hippies are gonna cook up to circumnavigate this ruling?

7. PaulZ

PaulZ Oregon City Active Member

Personally, I hope the OUS takes it to the state supreme court so we can have some finality on it.

BTW - I was on the PSU campus this afternoon. Despite the ruling, I did not witness a single wild west style shoot out.

8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Hope they do the same in WA next!!

Since I'm not a student and WA state law only covers elementary and secondary schools I'd carry at WSU or the UW without too much worry. I know Clark College prohibits weapons, but I see no legal backing for it.

9. Generator

Generator Bend Member

Does this mean our rights now come at the expense of listening to drum circles?

10. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

At Southern Oregon University, located in the People's Republic of Ashland opinions vary as to whether or not guns should be allowed. You just have to laugh at folks who DEMAND the first amendment be considered sacred, but waffle on the second. Without the second, there simply would be no first amendment.

11. Senator

Senator Oregon New Member

My observation of EVERYONE I have ever met from Ashland, OR: They absolutely refuse government involvement in their own life, while insisting upon it in everyone elses

12. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LMAO!!!!

I have CCW throughout the OSU, PSU, PCC, and UofO campuses many, many times in the past... and the unwashed, petula oil stinking, birkinstock wearing, man/boy he/she she/he freaks didn't fall victim to my "cowboy" rage in a whitering hail of 230gr. JHP!!