JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, first, I don't attend big sporting events, so the answer is always "don't attend". But, since your question is likely just for the sake of discussion, I would say it depends. Is the threat credible? Who says so? And why do they believe it is? I believe the Germans did just that recently after receiving a credible threat.

I'm not sure the point you're making with the question. Any time a threat is made, regardless of venue/location, I would weigh my concern, and by extension, my response, based on my perception of the credibility of the threat, based on the best information available. If I don't have reasonable assurance that it's reasonably safe, I'll stay home. No reason to risk it, nor to get worked up or fearful about it.

We all have to weigh risks every day. There are certain parts or Portland I absolutely will not go to at night. They are unsafe. So, I avoid them. It's just basic common sense.
The point is that ISIS can invest 25 cents to make a phone call, and we may cancel a sporting event - as happened in Hanover Germany - with a financial damage in the millions and moral damage to our resolve. That's the definition of terrorism. It's upon us whether we let it control our lives. Just because ISIS said it would infiltrate refugees it does not mean they actually will, nor does it mean, if they actually did, that these refugees would be put into the pool of considerations for the US, nor does it mean that we would automatically vet them for entry. As I said earlier, there are much faster ways to enter the US than to apply for resettlement.

We take calculated risks every day, and we have to, otherwise we imprison ourselves in "safety". With 2 years screening and processing of a select number of resettlement candidates, I am of the opinion we are as safe as we are when boarding a plane. Most of the time we are fine, sometimes we are not.

Finally, most of the refugees are fleeing from ISIS and the Regime. Now they have to worry being accused / suspected of being those very same people they are trying to flee from.

Can you imagine?

The point is that ISIS can invest 25 cents to make a phone call, and we may cancel a sporting event - as happened in Hanover Germany - with a financial damage in the millions and moral damage to our resolve. That's the definition of terrorism. It's upon us whether we let it control our lives. Just because ISIS said it would infiltrate refugees it does not mean they actually will, nor does it mean, if they actually did, that these refugees would be put into the pool of considerations for the US, nor does it mean that we would automatically vet them for entry. As I said earlier, there are much faster ways to enter the US than to apply for resettlement.

We take calculated risks every day, and we have to, otherwise we imprison ourselves in "safety". With 2 years screening and processing of a select number of resettlement candidates, I am of the opinion we are as safe as we are when boarding a plane. Most of the time we are fine, sometimes we are not.

Finally, most of the refugees are fleeing from ISIS and the Regime. Now they have to worry being accused / suspected of being those very same people they are trying to flee from.

Can you imagine?

You're right, they can do that, and they will do that. It's no different than an ignorant kid calling a school and making a bomb threat. And what do we do when that happens? We get the kids out of school and we take the threat seriously. Does it interrupt our lives? Yes. Does it cost money? Yes. Is it likely that 99% of the time it will be nothing? Yes. But we evacuate for that 1%. Because the minute that someone calls in a threat and people don't respond, and the threat is real, people will demand an answer, and will want to know why we didn't respond.

Terrorism is a frustrating problem. If these folks were coming from somewhere other than a known terrorist supporting state, I would feel differently. But, that is the unfortunate reality for them right now.

Can I imagine fleeing what they are fleeing? No. But that has no bearing on my answer. I'm sorry it is the way it is where they live. It's bad in a lot of countries. That's why so many want to come here. What if we let every single person into the U.S. that wanted to come in? What if we gave of all of our resources to the point that we could no longer take care of our own needs? Imagine if we, in our compassion, knowing there was a threat, let terrorists into the country, when we could have been a bit more careful in our screening, and they commit actual terrorist acts in our country?

Can you imagine?

this is just in, and it seems Congress agrees with you etrain - until vetting is certified. Senate probably not. DHS director seems confident with the thoroughness of the vetting process.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/19/world/paris-attacks-us-france-refugees/index.html

Let's stay tuned.

Well, the House does. The Senate has yet to take this up. Chuck Schummer may be able to block this legislation. It's not over yet. But I was surprised to see how many voted for this, including 47 Democrat representatives - my guess is they are getting a lot of pressure from their constituents. We'll see what the Senate does next.

Well, the House does. The Senate has yet to take this up. Chuck Schummer may be able to block this legislation. It's not over yet. But I was surprised to see how many voted for this, including 47 Democrat representatives - my guess is they are getting a lot of pressure from their constituents. We'll see what the Senate does next.

Wouldn't hold my breath, the senate is nothing but an obozo rubber stamp,,,

A) Irrational fear, in my mind.

B) You are correct that there is no entitlement of immigration, but we have values, such as to provide shelter (or resettlement) to those in need. Those values are at risk.

C)Other countries have taken much larger risks in this crisis

D)From the pool of resettlement consideration we can carefully pick and chose those we feel comfortable bringing in, those that already have families in the US, those who are too young or too old, those who have education, etc.

A) Irrational would be seeing smoke on the ridge, then flames, but neither calling 9/11, grabbing a hose, or heading to safety.
Yeah - that really is happening right now both from enemies foreign and domestic.

B) The gift statue of 1886 is NOT an Amendment to the Constitution. The safety of the US and its Citizens comes FIRST. These enemies are yelling from the rooftops NOW - not to mention 9/11 and other attacks - that they are going to kill our citizens.
Any generosity we have is OURS TO GIVE - AS WE CHOOSE - not others to "expect". Nobody has a right to demand that I be generous to them and nobody has any right to judge wether I am being generous enough.
The US has been and continues to be the most generous people & nation in the world. Why? Because of its citizens. Whereas the Governments PRIORITY is the COMMON SENSE SAFETY of its citizens.
But when a larger and larger group is biting the hand that feeds them - worse yelling they're going to kill you and your neighbors - I'm going to redirect my hard earned achievement and gift it to those who appreciate it. That certainly is NOT to those who want to kill me.
>If you don't protect your family and your home FIRST, you will no longer be able to BE generous to those who are legitimately in need. Same goes for our Country.<

C) Yes other countries have. And they are paying a big price for that as you can plainly see. Including Sweden with runaway rapes of its women by "peaceful mooslim" immigrants. Pathetic stupidity!

D) Isn't that all we are asking/saying/demanding? From citizens to Governors to Senators & Reps. Including DTrump whom some twist his words and disparage - only making themselves look unintelligent for not getting his statement correct, and for not realizing the illegal immigration problem HAS brought crime and death to US because they were neither vetted nor were criminals permanently deported. I am referring to innocent people like Kate Steinle and the unbelievable horror of people murdered by ill imms as told by the Remembrance Project. Sickening. Yet many turn a blind eye and use that false premise that anybody any time can just waltz on into our Nation and starting sucking on the taxpayer's teat.

My values are well intact because of the spiritual foundation they are built upon. So is my common sense. My assignment is to stay alive, stay healthy, and stay afloat. Not just for my own well being, but so I can apply my values - which includes generosity when I can - to those whom I CHOOSE.

A) What do you mean? It's all about religion.

B) That is a ludicrous statement.

A) ISIS is made up of extremists. They claim to believe in Islam, yet they persecute other Muslims. They have twisted their religion for power. Look at what they have done to Islamic sects that disagree with them. When we decide to lump all Muslims into the same group of ISIS, we have succumbed to their way of thinking, i.e., making broad generalizations. ISIS is extremist Islam, make no doubt about that, But they do not represent all Muslims. Just like Hitler did not represent Catholics.

B) A-holes making broad statements fall into the same class as far as I'm concerned. Obama saying that we're worried about widows and orphans is as asinine a statement as Trump saying that we need to be observing mosques. Do either one of these idiots know that there is a real world out there that exists without them?

B) A-holes making broad statements fall into the same class as far as I'm concerned. Obama saying that we're worried about widows and orphans is as asinine a statement as Trump saying that we need to be observing mosques. Do either one of these idiots know that there is a real world out there that exists without them?

Unbelievable. Do you know there's a real world out there were America haters are 'hiding in plain sight' & 'looking ordinary' (incl going to mosques all holy & stuff) to kill you?

It is well known that some mosques are recruiting young minds of mooslim mush to turn them into either killers or suicide bombers. Case after case after case. All over the world. Which is why UK is looking at closing some mosques.

October 21, 2015
According to Mediaite.com, [Stuart] Varney stated:
In the UK, in Britain, they've obviously got a terror problem. They've got a lot of youngsters going over to fight for ISIS, about just under 1,000 are going over there.
And they've got a whole new series of proposals to deal with this, including withdrawal of passports from some of these people who've gone over just to fight.

"Absolutely, good, good," Trump interjected.
"And closing some mosques," Varney added.
"Can you close a mosque?" Varney insisted. "I mean, we do have religious freedom."
"Well, I don't know," Trump stated. "I mean, I haven't heard about the closing of the mosque. It depends, if the mosque is, you know, loaded for bear, I don't know. You're going to have to certainly look at it."
http://www.americanews.com/story/po...tely-need-close-down-mosques-fight-isis-video

Where trump said 'absolutely' was pulling passports so that any citizens that go to fight with ISIS would not be allowed back into America. Naturally the leftist gubmint media goons twist his words. And the small minds that are hooked into tv news swallow.

In case you aren't aware, the Espionage Act/Sedition Act has been used against religious organizations before in the US. That was decades before the Patriot Act which was passed with a bipartisan majority.

Last Edited:
image_thumb26.png
There have been nearly a dozen "refugees" who performed terrorist acts in the US since 9-11 and that's not counting Work Place Violence or Rapes and Honor Killings

If there is someone in this country that doesn't think that we've been looking at just about every mosque and cell, then they don't know us. Don't mistake my lack of hate for every brown person on the planet for some sort of approval of the despicable acts of sorry excuses for human beings.

Yup, those precious 3 year olds and widows pictured, they're the ones Nancy Pelosi was fighting to have come into the US.

But the. Again, this is the same woman who wants to disarm law abiding Americans...

What's that sulfur smell??? And why am I in this basket????

Where trump said 'absolutely' was pulling passports so that any citizens that go to fight with ISIS would not be allowed back into America. Naturally the leftist gubmint media goons twist his words. And the small minds that are hooked into tv news swallow.
Trump didn't qualify a single one of his comments until he was pressed. The guy is as bad as Obama until his speech writers throttle him and tell him to stick to his script. He didn't say squat about pulling passports until his next speech.

Trump didn't qualify a single one of his comments until he was pressed. The guy is as bad as Obama until his speech writers throttle him and tell him to stick to his script. He didn't say squat about pulling passports until his next speech.
You obviously didn't listen to the video where Varney was running ahead of him. Which often happens on interview. He said more than once "I don't know" when Varney went back to the point.
Yet your previous comment agrees with the concept of possibly looking at mosques. Because the US already is. Therefore that equates you with obama, asinine, and a-holes, according to your words:

A-holes making broad statements fall into the same class as far as I'm concerned. Obama saying that we're worried about widows and orphans is as asinine a statement as Trump saying that we need to be observing mosques.

If there is someone in this country that doesn't think that we've been looking at just about every mosque and cell, then they don't know us. Don't mistake my lack of hate for every brown person on the planet for some sort of approval of the despicable acts of sorry excuses for human beings.

The fact that I think that both Obama and Trump are idiots hardly makes me an Obama supporter. I fully understand that some are justifiably in favor of smoking every single hadji on the planet. But we can't sink to that level.

OK I hate to say this but I would like all of you to think about this the next time there is a "food drive" of sorts. Those items you give to food banks are really supposed to go to those in need but guess who gets them??? Yup... you guessed it. Illegals and refugees who do not belong here. Stop giving food away because of you give, they will come for it. Unfortunately. If you feel compelled to give, find a family in need, that you know, and buy them a turkey or diapers for their kids or what ever. I stopped giving a long time ago to food banks for that very reason. Those that it was intended to help never get it. You will do your part by NOT helping refugees that do not belong here.

This is completely untrue and a horrible thing to advocate for.

This year alone the Oregon Food Bank facilitated over 20,000 meals to around 2k poverty level seniors in Tillamook county and the outlying areas.

The state's food banks provide multiple services to families in need, battered women, children and other relief agencies.

They provided millions of meals this year to Oregon families in need...

They train and educate in food growing and sustainability. Between canned goods and donated fresh produce this year they brought in and distributed almost 50 million pounds of food state wide. To Oregon residents. To people who needed help.

To assert that the donated food goes "illegals and refugees who do not belong here" is untrue and a dangerous rumor to spread. There are several thousand families, if not more, in Oregon alone that benefit directly from the help the food bank provides.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top