JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Kate Brown decided to keep the refugees coming in because of one reason.
She knows that's what will get her voted in again by the majority of that state.
That's the state of Oregon.
At least from Bend west.

A lot of good posting I am against Syrian refugees in Oregon on her Facebook page did.
Hope Oregonian open there eyes and votes with conviction in the upcoming elections. From small city positions to the governors office all needs a good clearing.

She doesn't care about the fact that we had the X Mas tree bomber. ... or could be she is just PLAIN STUPID!

Yeah that's it! That's the ticket!

As someone pointed out on another thread, in regard to an online petition (that will, unfortunately do absolutely nothing) there are many comments on that petition that state, effectively, the following:

Oregon cannot care for it's own homeless, particularly homeless vets. So what the hell are we doing bringing in even more people - people that don't speak our language, won't have jobs, will need housing, food, medical care, schooling.

I remember clearly during the SB941 debate in the house that the state of Oregon didn't have any extra money for the mental health care the anti-SB941 folks said we needed to really stop gun crime.

The governess needs to be reminded, as do all the reps and senators, that if they allow this to continue, we will remember and we will make them pay for it come 2016. We need to work to make this political poison for them. Emails, phone calls, in-person meetings if you can swing it. If they insist on this 'compassion', they can pay for it out of their own pockets and do it in their own damn homes.

It reminds me of an argument I had with an executive from Plaid Pantry about 15 years ago. We lived in a house that shared a fence line with a Plaid Pantry - right where their garbage bins were. They allowed a homeless man in a van to move into that space. He was there for a few weeks and was urinating into our yard, tossing trash in our yard and was causing problems for us, including swearing at my wife. We called Plaid Pantry to ask what was going on and I got a call back from, as I recall, one of their Vice Presidents. I told him I wanted the man out. What did he do? He pulled the typical argument you'd get from a left-leaning Oregon politician. He asked me what I had against them helping a poor, defenseless homeless man. He even suggested if I wanted him to leave, then I would have to go tell him. I lost my sh!t. I don't blow up very often, but he pushed it way too far. First, I suggested he knew nothing of charity, by pushing this issue on us. I told him creating a burden for others is not charity, it's callous B.S. I suggested he prove how 'compassionate' he was by moving the man to his driveway at his home. He didn't like that suggestion. Since we couldn't find common ground, I left it with him that I would discuss it with the city. The next day, we called the city zoning office. They were very interested in Plaid Pantry's new 'homeless shelter'. The guy was gone in 24 hours and Plaid Pantry never pulled that stunt again. The guy from the city seemed all too eager to go after them for this. Apparently they tried to pull the same 'you're not compassionate' B.S. with the zoning official too. He threatened to fine them. While I don't always enjoy dealing with government officials, this one did his job very well.

Last Edited:
Hope Oregonian open there eyes and votes with conviction in the upcoming elections. From small city positions to the governors office all needs a good clearing.
She - the appointed dem governor replacing the corrupt dem governor that resigned in disgrace (including after wrecking Oregon's own health plan by taking jillions from hobama for the now bankrupt obamacare exchange) - only represents about 1/4 of the geographical state. 3/4 of the state is small city/rural/rancher/farmer/outdoors people etc. Either conservative or libertarian or "just leave us alone".

But we who live in the 3/4 constantly get out voted - incl on 2A recently - because that 1/4 of the state has the population - the slime rats living in the Willamette Valley (I-5 corridor Eugene to Portland) feeding on each other. They could care less about traditional Oregon (pioneer spirit), defending the Country from known evil (via phony refugees), or for that matter freedom itself. They seem to love being told when to jump and how high by the dictators in Salem.

(EDIT: No offense to conservatives & libertarians & "just leave us alone" living underground or held captive in the Willamette Valley wink.gif )

Last Edited:
If she is confident that we can vette all the refugees and no terrorost will get in, how about thse put them up in the peoples house with her and her "alternative" lifestyle. Me thinks she would not last very long with the "religion of peace"

It would be very sad if something terrible happened in one of these big cities in Oregon as a result of foolish thinking about terrorism. However, having said that if something does happen the blame will fall directly on the feet of those Salem based decision makers. As a lot they seem very naïve and systematically make decisional errors resulting in social problems within the state.

Our great gun control fighters strike me as white privileged motivated bigots and racists--having only concern when their white children fall victim to a deranged killer, but when poor black children fall into the hands of violent gangs and get shot, those same bigot and racist antigun control folks never utter a peep-unless it benefits white antigun policy and their white agenda to dominate minorities. JMHO.

I would think it would make liberal western women's heads explode like Austin Powers fembots to accept the scarved headed women - it's such a blatant symbol of women's oppression. Irony of acceptance of diversity and all that and staring in the face of oppression.

It doesn't matter whether officials or the populace want them here or not.

Once a refugee is accepted at the federal level, they can go anywhere the federal gov. wants to put them and there is nothing any state official or the populace can do about that.

This makes this issue academic at best and more or less moot.

It doesn't matter whether officials or the populace want them here or not.

Once a refugee is accepted at the federal level, they can go anywhere the federal gov. wants to put them and there is nothing any state official or the populace can do about that.

This makes this issue academic at best and more or less moot.
i was just about to say just about the same thing. blame obama not the governer.

well, blame her too anyway.

Charliehorse
You touched a raw nerve.
The fact is that Kitzhaber was not disgraced. Quite the contrary, democrats hold him in highest esteem. What he did endeared him to all "Good" liberals near and far.

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads