JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right: that all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; and they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.—

Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We declare that all men, when they form a social compact are equal in right: that all power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their peace, safety, and happiness; and they have at all times a right to alter, reform, or abolish the government in such manner as they may think proper.—
I won't be at peace with, feel safe from or be happy about the government if they take away my gun rights!

Its just some padding a English major put there to make it sound all regal and official, but soon as you plan to abolish the oregon government you'd be jailed for sedition

"With intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;"

See, they crossed their fingers behind their back. They get to determine if they are a lawful authority.

Its just some padding a English major put there to make it sound all regal and official, but soon as you plan to abolish the oregon government you'd be jailed for sedition

"With intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of lawful civil authority, creates, in concert with any other person, revolt, violence or other disturbance against that authority is guilty of sedition;"

See, they crossed their fingers behind their back. They get to determine if they are a lawful authority.
Therein lies my point. Even though the Constitution assures you of one right or another, it really doesn't. All kinds of powers that be manipulate us in to thinking that we have some fantastic rights and that they work for our interest, but they really don't. They throw us some tidbits or crumbs here and there but in reality we are stuck with them forever while they suck away our freedoms. I am trying to relate this question to Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution: The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
If we really had this right, there would be no discussion of IP43, SB719, etc. What we actually have is permanent form of government who will never allow us to fully exercise this right. And as time rolls on they and their sympathetic legion of brainwashed minions will constantly diminish our right to bear arms. Then one day our descendants will be asking what does this Section 27 mean.

Last Edited:
Therein lies my point. Even though the Constitution assures you of one right or another, it really doesn't. All kinds of powers that be manipulate us in to thinking that we have some fantastic rights and that they work for our interest, but they really don't. They throw us some tidbits or crumbs here and there but in reality we are stuck with them forever while suck away our freedoms. I am trying to relate this question to Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution: The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.
If we really had this right, there would be no discussion of IP43, SB719, etc. What we actually have is permanent form of government who will never allow us to fully exercise this right. And as time rolls on they and their sympathetic legion of brainwashed minions will constantly diminish our right to bear arms. Then one day our descendants will be asking what does this Section 27 mean.

this-guy-gets-it-16147922.png
Sorry, random meme

Allow me to use parenthetical inserts to set the context of the script...

Section 1. Natural rights inherent in people. We (the common citizens) declare that all men (all common citizens), when they (the common citizens) form a social compact (a society under rule of law) are equal in right (no elitism): that all power is inherent in the people (not political elites), and all free governments (not tyrannies established by force) are founded on their (the common citizens) authority, and instituted for their (the common citizens) peace, safety, and happiness; and they (the common citizens) have at all times a (the) right to alter, reform, or abolish the government (including those within government) in such manner as they may think proper (up to, and including... the jury box, the ballot box, and the cartridge box)

Carry on....

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews